TJ09

2016-09-12 - New Forum Layout

I was used to old style more but this new style more looks like for DragCave. Maybe need some time to get used to it though.

Woah, this is going to take some getting used to. laugh.gif *gets dizzy from all the newness*

Edited by StormWizard212

This is such an improvement! I'll still hold out for better forum software though, and hope for a time where this forum isn't stuck in 2005. ^^

I'm admittedly in the "halp, it's too bright" camp, and I'm slightly miffed the subfora no longer have icons on them on the main page that make whether or not they have seen activity (they are now 'only' bold), and I find it more difficult to see if a thread has new messages since the icon denoting it is the same colour as the thread title, but I imagine I'll get used to it.

I guess it's mostly nice, so thanks for the update. I'm especially glad there are people who like this change.

Edit: Oh, wait, I'm being entirely stupid. I can change back. Nevermind. smile.gif Went and did that.

Edited by pinkgothic

Sorry, don't like it. As I've said many times before, while I think the new art is beautiful, I do NOT like it as the page background. I changed back to the old format, which may be dated, but is what I prefer.

OMG a Link to the SITE at the top of the page? *LOVE* I've alwasy wanted one there. Maybe I just missed it but..... Either way, love!

Also love the update. It didn't jar me in the least, and it looks fantastic! Though I know those less able to adjust than I will find the change difficult, I also love the idea of upgraded forum software.

Cheers!

C4.

Thank you for the forum update, TJ. I was shocked to go to the forum and see this this morning, I literally blinked twice as I stared at my screen. I don't like it enough to switch from the spring theme I use, but I appreciate the changes.

I'm going to throw in with the 'it doesn't look finished" crowd. It's very stark white and looks like when the page doesn't properly load flash. Can we at least get the color gradient back on the posts? Like, Spring every other post is light, light green and the rest are white.

Also hope losing the egg icons was an opps, because if the goal is to match "themes" then I feel the eggs did a better job.

Third, as much as I love the cave's background art, it doesn't belong on the forum. You can't see enough of it to make it worth it AND it is so dark that it makes the white pages "pop" too much. (this is why everyone, including me, is saying it is too bright. Too much contrast)

Think I'll keep the spring theme (since winter disappeared, not sure why one season is available all year and the other isn't, always annoyed me)

And without out asking, Marrto is probably going to keep the blue b/c it's his favorite color lol. Not that he gets on much anymore.

I like the new look, but it was a shock logging on after the weekend to see it. It'll take me some getting used to, but it's a nice update. smile.gif

The background of the new theme is far too bright for me to be able to read it, and some of the text shows up as silver (system default) instead of black. Would it possible to get a proper dark theme, since I'm physically incapable of using the new theme without experiencing intense eye irritation/exhaustion/pain? Alternatively, just making the background a few tones darker and defining the text to be black on the top level (e.g. "body" foreground color in CSS) should make it tolerable.

Edited by Shienvien

I'm immediately in the camp of 'ow, my eyes!' I'm someone who already has to turn down default brightness and contrast on any screen I use, and now having the screen filled with bright white with a thin font is hard to look at for long.

Changed back.

Edited by Gryphonic

Nice surprise, It will take a bit before I'm comfortable with.

Wow,the flaw of the extra blank under signature have fixed out!Much pretty~ wub.gif

Oh...seems have not.. unsure.gif

Edited by shumuer

I was shocked.. thank you for the update, TJ ^^

But I changed back to the old layout, as the new one is TOO BRIGHT for me to be able to read it.

I use the blue scheme and after trying the new one, I've decided to stick with the blue for as long as it's available.

For me the new scheme whilst nice and sleek and modern, isn't easy on the eye. The type-face isn't as clear and the colour of the text in the various topic lists makes it much harder to easily read. It blends in rather than standing out, thus it's a lot harder to find what you are looking for.

I also like a scheme that fills the page.

I'm sure many people will love it and enjoy using it, but I'm staying with the blue one. I really do hope that it will remain as an option.

Thank you, as ever, TJ, for the work you put in on Dragon Cave.

Nikki said pretty much everything I would. My vision's terrible already, and this upgrade, while impressive & lovely, doesn't help. I hope future tweaks improve upon the initial design so I and other visually-challenged players can fully enjoy it, too, but until then, the blue option will remain my go-to skin.

(really need larger default font - just typing this in the new skin is much too small.)