TJ09

2016-09-12 - New Forum Layout

Since people are making suggestions, one I'd have would be to mark messages as read or unread, something like that. It's a pain when you view your inbox and it suddenly says "0 new messages" on the main page as if you've read them all.

I use the blue scheme and after trying the new one, I've decided to stick with the blue for as long as it's available.

For me the new scheme whilst nice and sleek and modern, isn't easy on the eye. The type-face isn't as clear and the colour of the text in the various topic lists makes it much harder to easily read. It blends in rather than standing out, thus it's a lot harder to find what you are looking for.

I also like a scheme that fills the page.

I'm sure many people will love it and enjoy using it, but I'm staying with the blue one. I really do hope that it will remain as an option.

Thank you, as ever, TJ, for the work you put in on Dragon Cave.

Ouch it's a bit overly bright sad.gif

if someone could tell me how to change skin to something a bit more eye friendly i would surely appreciate it smile.gif

Not to worry i have found it rolleyes.gif

Edited by rrattts

Ouch it's a bit overly bright sad.gif

if someone could tell me how to change skin to something a bit more eye friendly i would surely appreciate it smile.gif

Not to worry i have found it rolleyes.gif

I am a bit confused by this claim. Is it not darker than the previous default? They both use the same amount of white, but the new skin has a darker "frame" to it.

I am a bit confused by this claim. Is it not darker than the previous default? They both use the same amount of white, but the new skin has a darker "frame" to it.

Higher contrast, perhaps? I personally prefer a lower contrast in many things as I find it easier on my eyes.

Likely it's the brighter area where the actual text is that's bothering people; it certainly bothered me.

I switched to the old skin; I dislike how narrow it made the actual posts, personally, and the new skin feels unfinished.

The new skin definitely has a harder contrast.

I'm missing the little "now posts" markers (pale/non-pale eggs) next to the subforum names when looking at the forum's main page. Just bold text with such a small font isn't that easy to notice.

Other than that, looks sleek. Could get used to it.

edit: I think I'll change the font in my browser to something wider. When I'm as tired as today, such narrow letters are getting blurry and "colourized" for me ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Okay. Wow. Glad to know I wasn't going crazy or anything lol

Im not a fan of change, but I think I could get used to it. Certainly looks much more modern.

Thank you!

Thanks for the new layout! Feels modern.

Hoping for a future "notification" system, where it notifies on 'qouted' posts.

god PLEASE

First impression - EEEK TOO BRIGHT.

Also I had to manually change zoom on my home computer (this was way blown up compared to the old one for some reason)

The difference between "new post" and "no new post" for the threads is far less obvious than with the old skin.

Well I'll try for a while. It's objectively not that bad and we'll see what happens once I get used to it.

Nonetheless: Thanks TJ for the continued updates smile.gif

Like the layout for the new skin, especially how it makes posts and signatures appear wider. Also like how the contact buttons under users' posts are more noticeable. The white-grey-white post backgrounds, not so much - it's a bit bright.

I could bask in the newness and poke around, or go to sleep and do it in the afternoon. Decisions, decisions.

It's 6:06 AM for me. Go to bed at reasonable hours, folks.

I thought I'd clicked on some other website's forum this morning ninja.gif It'll take me a while to get used to but the new layout looks great!

Even if the job was well done, it made sense and it matches with the game site I will use the previous skin anyway. I'm just too used to it XP

Since people are making suggestions, one I'd have would be to mark messages as read or unread, something like that. It's a pain when you view your inbox and it suddenly says "0 new messages" on the main page as if you've read them all.

Oh, one more thing before I go. A dark theme would be nice for nighttime viewing for those of us who don't like blinding ourselves. The Portal themes are good for that on the main site, but there's nothing like that for the forums.

This unexpected update came as quite a shock. ninja.gif I never noticed there was something wrong with the old layout, I found it neat and clear and easy to navigate.

Like herk, I had to adjust the zoom factor on my computer, and some of the features seem less obvious than before. But if it makes other people happy and I still have a choice whether to use it or not, that's fine, so thank you. smile.gif

Hmm, I like the old skin better so I've switched back to it for now, but the new one isn't that bad. And I'm glad the artist badge stayed, I like looking at that badge xd.png

Liked the old style much better, especially color-wise. New one is too white and too blue.

The little icons that appear on the left side of a topic's title (when viewing the subforums), I found more fitting as well.

Sorry. Simply changing the banner only in the old forum style would've already done the trick for me.

I'd be glad if we could choose the old style also in the future.

Edited by BiaNoYami

Please warn a person. Let me get a cup of coffee in first before facing new changes.

To me, this seems a little darker then the old layout. The cave images on the sides and the dark grey bars on the tops helps to make the page seem darker.

Overall, I like it. I won't change it back since there's hints of new software and possibly bigger changes. Thanks for the much needed update. ^-^ (<-bugger it, my little happy thingy looks goofy now)