Renhart

Dragon apparel

I was going to suggest something frames or decorations around the dragons, instead of on the dragons, but then I remember,that dragons are often all different image sizes (unlike eggs, which are, for the most part, the same image size.)

If you could get a standard image box to fit all dragons, you could possibly use a system similar to the egg hatching system to put things around the dragons.

Like a pile of gold, or gems, or twirling vines.

Idk.

I'm trying to figure out how to get around having to make individual sprites for every single dragons species.

Because there is no way that's happening. There's too many.

Even, for the holiday events, only some of the dragons were customized. Not all of them.

All the spriters have other things to do with their lives. They aren't employed here.

Actually, where would the dragon apparel come from? Do the dragons hunt for them? Is there just a generic list? Do we make them?

What I meant was that I didn't think it would be harder than preparing for a holiday event which is already a lot of work. So of course, this would only happen if the spriters liked this idea and wanted to make more stuff for the site, but so far that's obviously not the case.

If you don't think it's too much work, how about you try spriting just one apparel item such that it can be worn by male and female adults of every dragon breed?

Except I already said that some dragon breeds would only wear certain apparel.

Actually, where would the dragon apparel come from? Do the dragons hunt for them? Is there just a generic list? Do we make them?

Maybe we could find them during a holiday event like when we searched through the haunted house, and then it could be expanded on if that goes well.

So then TJ has to code the site to fit all the stuff only to particular breeds ....

It sounds like more work with every added idea.

As to

this would only happen if the spriters liked this idea and wanted to make more stuff for the site, but so far that's obviously not the case.

They are CONSTANTLY making more stuff for the site. I have no doubt they are already working on Hallowe'en, for a start. It sounds as if you are suggesting they are being ungenerous here, by not rushing in to say how wonderful, we get to work even harder. No Way !

why not just have the option to reuse apparel from older events instead of creating brand new ones?

So no breed that comes in after the date this is implemented gets any (because they've only ever got costumes twice IIRC)

I love the idea of dragon apparels and would totally support this! biggrin.gif Sure we can breed dragons and make lineages but other than that there isn't much to do. Some fun additions to the game will make it more appealing to me.

I won't comment on how difficult it is to code and all that as that is for TJ to decide if this is feasible and if he wants to work on it. But as a concept it sounds great!

This does not seem like an idea fit for DC. If you want dragon apparel, go to Flight Rising or Leayph - they have dragons and lots of items you can put on them, to your heart's content. But the sheer amount of work it would take to give each and every sprite, with as many species exist on this site, is absolutely ludicrous. That would be like asking someone to knit a sweater for each and every bird in the forest!

And then you run into the problem of people going "well why can't MY favorite dragon wear the pointy witch hats?"

I strongly disapprove of this suggestion.

So no breed that comes in after the date this is implemented gets any (because they've only ever got costumes twice IIRC)

sorry i should have been more clear on what i meant by that exactly

what i meant was that with the clothes and stuff that have already been coded into the site before thanks to the events why not just have the option to reuse the clothes as an individual scroll choice for all breeds of dragons that are ingame. so like lets say you have a pointy witch hat. you can have the option to put the witch hat on your dragons either by just checking a box or click and drag. there would be no new clothes made for this the only stuff that would be available would be stuff spriters have made for the holiday events