Millie_Azure

Collections

I did a search and found "hoarding," but I couldn't find "collections." If this is deemed a duplicate anyway, I apologize.

It seems like just about everyone has a collection of some sort in the real world. So what is it that you collect? How big is your collection? How did you get started?

My collection is smashed/squished/pressed/elongated pennies. You know, the ones from those hand-crank machines you find in zoos, museums, amusement parks, or just general tourist areas. I've been collecting them almost my entire life, ever since my parents first took me to the zoo when I was three years old. I have nearly 500 in my collection today. My oldest is from the 1932 LA Olympics. The thing about these that amuses me the most? If you get a really good press, you can still see Lincoln's shadow on the penny even after it's been flattened out.

i collect weird things i think

my main collection consists of rocks, any kind of rocks really, but especially things like crystals. i've got a lot of different minerals, however my favorite one has to be my rose quartz. i'm hoping to get my hands on rainbow aura quarts at some point. i'm incredibly interested in uranium, but i dont think i can own that for obvious reasons lol

another collection of mine is glass bottles, mostly root beer bottles, i have over a hundred bottles by now. everytime i go to the store i make sure to look for a drink or something else that has an interesting bottle

and finally, i collect tinsel. yep, tinsel. like, not just any kind of tinsel, the kind that has stuff on it that you find around christmas or easter time, where the chocolate is shaped like a rabbit or santa, and the tinsel may have a cartoony easter bunny or santa claus on it - that's what i collect

to collect tinsel wrappers i usually very carefully remove it from the chocolate or what have you, making sure i dont rip it. then i keep it safe between the pages of a journal, like what some people do to leaves

....I collect dead things, and other natural wonders lying around. Dried bones, nails, feathers... Let's just hope my family hasn't thrown it all out while I'm not home. :/

I have a lot of stuff. I don't really say that I "collect" them, but I have a lot of plushies and figures. And stuffed animals.

I guess if there's anything I really collect, it's Pokemon related stuff--not anything hugely special, but I've got a decent amount. I recently got back into collecting the cards as well.

I just have a lot of little neat things. Idk man.

I have a small collection of about fifteen blown glass dragons all made by the same artist in Manitou Springs, CO. Sadly that gentleman died, so that collection isn't likely to grow any more, but I'm very fond of it.

I have over one hundred bells. Like hand bells. Each one unique and different sizes. Then I also collect Dragon figurines (wall scrolls earrings necklaces a few shirts) over thirty of those.

I also like wolf things but... I'm really running out of room

Then quarters. Like the state ones and now the park ones that are out.

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

I collect animal remains. Shed skins, feathers, and most importantly bones and skulls. It's very difficult obtaining such things in Australia, but I still own specimens from over fifty different species. My best specimens include the skull of a Siamese crocodile (yes, I have a CITES permit), an articulated domestic cat, a juvenile fox skull complete with emerging adult teeth and a legitimate human skull. One of my most special ones is the tooth of a horse I used to know <3

I'm also gradually learning to articulate skeletons. I've articulated an incomplete canary, now I'm preparing to work on specimens including a raven, an owl, and a possum to begin learning techniques for mammalian skeletons, so hopefully by next year my collection will include more complete skeletons!

i collect pikachu merchandise. i have about 15 items from t-shirts to plushies to backpacks... it is small but growing

I guess I collect a bunch of small things found in nature? Such as cool rocks I find, feathers, shells, leaves, bones, ect

I also have a ton of plush animals and Pokemon related things so I guess I collect those too xd.png

I am a hard core Starscream collector - Plus anything Decepticon (insignia wise)

Currently I have over 200 Starscream figures and other associated merchandise. This includes, animation cell from beastmachines II. Comic pencils or inks - originals from IDW. Artwork from Matt Moylan. A few rare or limited edition figures. My favourite (Holy grail) being Ghost of Starscream - gifted to me by Purpledragonclaw (I will never stop thanking her for that)

Sorry for the blurry... I will try to get a better pic sometime soon.

user posted image

Only one shelf is not Starscream. (the middle pic with the yellow guys on the end.)

I also have a skull-ornament collection. Mortar and Pestles

I'm a rather childish person when it comes to collections. :]

I collect Tamagotchis, Pokemon, Breyer Horses, Bratz Dollz, and a lot of different "kid" items. :]

I just collect anything I find "cool" this could range from dragon figures/plushies/etc., Pokemon plushies, old toys, windup toys, skulls. Yeah, those things.

I collect movies and TV shows on DVD. I got started in that because I couldn't afford to pay for cable anymore. I use Amazon Prime because it's cheap enough, but I like to have shows and movies on hand when I'd like to sit down and watch TV for a change. I miss cable. But I have enough movies to last me at least a year and always collecting more.

I've got a couple collections.

- Rocks/minerals. I enjoy going to shows; they're fun. Haven't been to one in over a year, though.

- Stamps: My mom started collecting them when she was a kid and gave her book to me.

- Old/special US coins, and foreign coins

- Wolf figurines

I also actually just took my roughly-annual picture of my Elder Scrolls merchandise collection yesterday.

user posted image

Edited by Dawnwing

I am a hard core Starscream collector -  Plus anything Decepticon (insignia wise)

Currently I have over 200 Starscream figures and other associated merchandise.  This includes, animation cell from beastmachines II. Comic pencils or inks - originals from IDW. Artwork from Matt Moylan. A few rare or limited edition figures. My favourite (Holy grail) being Ghost of Starscream -  gifted to me by Purpledragonclaw (I will never stop thanking her for that)

Sorry for the blurry... I will try to get a better pic sometime soon.

user posted image

Only one shelf is not Starscream.  (the middle pic with the yellow guys on the end.)

I also have a skull-ornament collection. Mortar and Pestles

This is so aesthetically pleasing and wonderful

I haven't been collecting much due to money, but I also like collecting animal skulls and taxidermy. It's a very small collection as I only recently decided to go with it, my close friend collects skulls and has a couple hundred and sort of got me into it. She's currently waiting on the CITES permit for a polar bear skull and we're pretty excited.

My longest running collection is G3 My Little Pony, which I collect in box now. I also love dolls, I collect mostly Monster/Ever After High but if I had the resources I'd be collecting antique bisques. I've also got some Schleichs and Sylvanian Families. I'd love to collect Peter Stone horses.

I used to collect cat figurines, mostly porcelain ones, as a kid. Still have most of them somewhere, probably stashed away in the basement.

Me and my mom also have a growing collection of various gemstones and minerals. The collection includes, besides other things: an awesome chunk of blue synthetic crystal, a small geode, and several mineral pieces shaped like eggs. My mom keeps joking about how they're gonna hatch into dragons ;p Perhaps I should base a dragon breed or two on them.

I like manga and I find it really uncomfortable to read it online (and sometimes the translations are... well, let's leave it in 'weird'), so now I collect it physically! The problem is that my bookshelves are full of manga volumes, so I have no room for new ones. Also, they're expensive as hell and kind of difficult to find in my country (worsened by the fact that I live in the countryside)

I also keep somewhere at home two Pokemon sticker collections I completed when I was a child. I feel an enormous nostalgia when I find them

Bit nerdy, but I collect ornithology and ecology textbooks, since those are my main career interests. They're a real gem to find when at used bookstores, so I've accumulated quite a few now! Think I'm up to 10 or so. I'm always on the hunt for new ones, though.

Edit: Also, sea glass! I've got jars and jars of it.

Edited by coo_

I just recently discovered an abandoned penny collection belonging to my dad. It's pretty cool, but incomplete. He's ordered them by year and is missing a few years from the 1950s and 1980s.

I just recently discovered an abandoned penny collection belonging to my dad. It's pretty cool, but incomplete. He's ordered them by year and is missing a few years from the 1950s and 1980s.

I have a 1905 Canadian penny, pretty cool!

Personally I have a pretty big Pokemon collection. I used to play when I was younger. If you guys want pictures I could take some when school will end.

I used to collect plastic cards (credit, hotel, bonus/gift/membership) of any sort, and my rents seemed to run into a lot of those. I believe I have over 300 safely, but have since stopped collecting them. My rents still give em to me.

Like others here I also have a tendency to collect glass bottles that I come across or even purchase them. I could argue that I'm eventually going to make use of them for resin polymer specimen containers, but I made that argument 15 years ago and haven't done anything since.

On the grosser side, I collect the callus sheddings of my foot. There's a dimply one that grows out in such a way to be like a little half-shell that just pops out when it gets thick enough. >_> Not sure what I intend to do with em.

I also have an obsession with... edible animal ostea? I have a small collection of lamb bones, from chops to shanks. I tried collecting the lens of large fish, but sizeable ones were difficult to come across (fish needed to be larger than several kilos for a lens anywhere near to 1cm).

My proudest collection has to be my crab claw collection.

user posted imageuser posted image

But that too has ceased with the recent unavailability of mud crabs, and as shown, their distinct lack in size and quality.

I collect animal remains like bones, feathers, and shed skins. I want to get mouse fur, but I don't want to actually skin the mouse myself and there aren't a lot of people who sell mouse fur because they're such a common animal. I do have a lot of mouse bones, though.

I also seem to collect cardboard boxes? Not sure why, I just love cardboard boxes for some reason. I only have the smaller ones that food is put in when it's sold at the store, though.