Lemniscate

-| ∞ art thread |-

I personally like images since I don't like clicking on things, but that's probably just my personal quirk.

I can't seem to find out how you resize images in windows photo viewer and the scanner always scans my pics really big, so I guess I'll just keep linking them. I don't trust the online image resizers. D:<

Anyways, I tried experimenting with different drawing techniques because I figured it was time I actually started drawing the "proper" way. Dunno if the difference is noticeable, but it was a lot easier to get the anatomy to look good when I used guidelines (admittedly inconsistent ones) instead of just eyeballing it like I usually do.

yes I know the crown thing and the back leg are slightly off but I'm too lazy to fix it

here is a similar person drawn without guidelines for comparison

Now if only I could actually shade things and draw faces...

You're using imgur, which has an automatic resizing function: add a lowercase L to the end of the image code (eg. xxxxxl.jpg) to get the "large thumbnail" version of the image, which fits neatly on most webpages and is still large enough to be legible.

your art is so cute !! <33 definite improvement over time, keep drawing O:

& as far as resizing goes, you also have the option of cropping the picture since there seems to be some white space around your art.

IT'S TABLET TIME

user posted image

lol shading hahaha at least I tried

Thank you for the tips! I definitely need to write myself a note about the imgur resizing, that could have saved me a lot of trouble if I had known about it earlier.

In case anyone's wondering why I seem to be continuously drawing the same outfit, it's cause I'm trying to practice and I just so happened to be drawing that outfit at first. I figured I'd keep drawing the same-ish thing so I could see the effects of different techniques better. Once I figure something out, I'll go back to drawing random things and probably try to finish some of the suggestions in this thread.

The results of my latest efforts:

user posted image

Bonus chibi:

user posted image

So many messy erased lines ;-; I feel like it's still an overall improvement though.

(Semi) WIP colored chibi!

user posted image

Please tell me how I can improve my shading!

Edit: I know the shoulders of the cape have weird shading in relation to her hair, but I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

Ello amigo~ Mind if I request a fullbody sketch of my OC Oskar? Doesn't have to be anything special, but I can't draw fullbodies myself |D

Sure, I can do that, especially since I'm still looking to practice humans. Do you have any other details on his appearance? Photo references with written descriptions usually work well, although I can still scrape together something from pure text descriptions. Pure text descriptions just tend to get a little hard to keep track of, so I may or may not accidentally miss some things if you go that way.

Well, uh, he's maybe about 5'8", with broad shoulders and a toned body due to his career as a professional figure skater. If we're talking colors, he's blonde and fair-skinned, with blue eyes. He's lanky. He'd probably wear a hunter green zippered sweatshirt with a black T-Shirt underneath, and blue jeans with some sort of sneaker (maybe converses?)

guess what

I forgot that I couldn't draw boys

but I hope this is ok

user posted image

You get bonus experimental clothes folds and weird perspective shoes/legs for free!

Also, less lazily drawn birds say thank you to coo!

user posted image

Aww, Oskar looks so cute! And yes thank-you birbs

Here's what I've been up to the past few days (imgur seems to have messed up the first one, which is supposed to be on a transparent background):

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hopefully, I'll get a tablet that I can have access to all the time in March. I'll probably draw more pics like the above few then (shading practice here I come)!

Edited by Silverphoenixx

those thank you birds are the best wub.gif

Also the detailing on that jacket/coat is fantastic! I'd totally wear that.

I made a tumblr thing for better organization: https://spectrolithium.tumblr.com/

I'm not great at tumblr though, so I dunno what I'm really gonna do with it. I have two followers but they're both inappropriate accounts so I don't know how I should feel. Can you get rid of followers on tumblr?

Also, I realize I haven't really done many of the suggestions in this thread, so I'll try to fix that Sometime™. I haven't drawn animals in a while though so I might be rusty. ;-;

Huh, ok. I was wondering when I clicked through a new follower of my squid blog and saw your art. =P

Yeah, NSFW spambots are everywhere lately. If you block them, it automatically makes them unfollow you.

Okay, thanks for the tip. Now I feel obligated to put art here but I don't really know what to put because I don't have nice art lined up.

Have some banners I made for an RP I guess? They're not really that exciting, but I guess I should put them here anyway.

user posted image

user posted image

That's good to hear! Thanks for crediting me~

I have more pixel stuff for this thread:

user posted image

It's in the critique thread as well, but putting it here for consistency.

Edited by Silverphoenixx

That's good to hear! Thanks for crediting me~

I have more pixel stuff for this thread:

user posted image

It's in the critique thread as well, but putting it here for consistency.

That crown is beautiful <3 So blingy

Your pixel work is awesome

Thanks! I still haven't gotten around to fixing it (thanks, procrastination,) but I have some art for my RPs lined up. This is an unacceptably late update but I forgot to put it up earlier ;^; my tumblr is more updated

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

eyes eyes wonk wonk

Your art is so cute, I especially love your role-play stuff (always humbling to find another role-player who draws!). Keep up the amazing work <3

Thanks, but I don't want to overload you guys with RP art, so I've been somewhat limiting myself, but here's a silly gif in celebration of April Fools silliness. It was originally a video and I had to convert it to a gif, so some parts might be a little jerky.

user posted image

Edited by Silverphoenixx