Lemniscate

-| ∞ art thread |-

Thank you! I can't believe it's been three years since I first started drawing humans, I used to avoid them like the plague. For history's sake, this here's the first human I've ever drawn:

02pDc8a.jpg

[Warning: Art Dump Incoming]

In celebration of the new year, I redrew the above drawing! Not exactly the best drawing I've ever done, but still a lot better than before. Liberties taken with the outfit because wow old me was terrible at drawing clothes. I still can't draw feet.

tYKMZ4h.png

Also, some various other things I drew that I never got around to posting:

htZnD2O.png

zFtUmsV.png

CcSOD6B.png

mpOUezY.png

YlyLKCr.png

Pixel art!

Went from this:

BlOjiAB.png

to this:

wrCk1jV.png

other backgrounds for visibility:

nNZFEFo.pngzK7eVZD.png

small oc:

t9NapGp.png

old wips, don't really like the first one:

UnQ44nJ.png

S6FsHx8.png

maybe a new sig wip, if I can actually figure out how to shade buildings:

rJHlAEd.png

and that's it for the year! Unfortunately, I don't have any nice year collection memes, mostly due to the fact that my best drawings are scattered over multiple devices, but maybe next year I'll scrape one together. I might even edit this post later if I find enough decent drawings to make one now.

Edit:

Aaannnd, as expected, I managed to put together a summary, although June suffers from a case of "everything that isn't a pixel is on another device I can't access." To be honest, the pixel probably would have been my best work anyway, so there's not much that got missed. Here it is in better quality for reference:YlQ9FP5.png

November was a close tie between the chibis and the full body, but I ended up choosing the full body because it was easier to display and it offered a better comparison with my previous full bodies.

HziNIfm.jpg

(Disclaimer: I got the template from Deviantart but I cropped the top part because I am currently suffering from an identity crisis of whether to refer to myself as Silver or Spectrolithium/Spectro and cannot fill in the blank for my name)

Edited by Spectrolithium

wow wow, look at that art improvement 0: 

the switch from january - december is amazing! 

Thank you! Honestly when I put all my best works together I don’t feel like I’ve improved much, but then again I’m my own worst critic ;-;

On the other hand, I did meet another cool artist at school whose style is completely different than mine, so we’ll see how that turns out. Maybe we can learn a thing or two from each other~

The sprites are an improvement! :) your pixel work is more detailed than your earlier creations. And more animated

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Just wanted to say your work is really good I especially love your pixel work

Thank you both for your kind words!

@AroaraAngelwolf

I feel terrible that I still haven’t finished your pixel request from last year but I feel like it just isn’t up to my standards. I may just get it out there for the sake of finishing it, but I honestly don’t feel like it deserves the payment you gave me. If you want to request anything else or get something from my scroll, please tell me. I don’t want you to feel like I forgot about it ;A;

Have a bird-gem:

bthtOXp.png

Wasting my time on art instead of doing homework like a responsible citizen!

xFpSC07.png

OEeVkqr.png

Did that 16 character fusion thing recommended by TehUltimateMage but it ended up being outfit barf combined with questionably ridiculous hair, which I decided to tone down in the full body. Apologies for the messier pictures, bonus points if you can guess which characters I drew from.

Edited by Spectrolithium

Still not sure whether I like his combat outfit or not, but here’s the school version of the 16 character fusion:

3y98jz4.png

Casual ver:

Skh4mmT.png

And here’s the late board of charas:

xbORThq.png

Edited by Spectrolithium

ahhh thank you, I like how it turned out too!

I actually went and made him an oc in another thing with a few tweaks. He has like two pages of backstory now and a brother :')

oh and I named him Lenostad by using super secret techniques "averaging" the names of the 16 charas to find the most common first letter, second letter, etc... I made different variations in the case of tied letters and Lenostad happened to be the arrangement that sounded the least weird.

I also made him this really detailed outfit + weapon drawing:

3cNqspOo0P0p2HGFn_xnTwljppWzP22g1h2fJJeuHjtwK1Sot7wAZTNRr4K5K3YD_WeHCLD1fE6DGVBCAlz5bsaftmieUNBa5UkhbZbCuVUSK3o2nlfYg51uqIGHtlI74CNr7eWj

i spent like a week coming up with the design and then two days on all the details it was torture

UUjko9PtNXsmpn5LUI2VDwF9v84mKw4uw7sYe6u1K5Gvhq4gfr4gE9VDpXoo6lPzAsMXwWvDcb5A8EI1AcOvK7cvit0vijATJmzryUQRFtO-1okFbrmK720arE2fj4MOwyLqkZgh

It was originally more blue, which I like, but it was too blue for the requirements ;^;

wJvAQtp2PYl5QB2t-wSoz-HrbZ6BvyoozTMGCmc9gjRcKrX8zmYkaTWuZfzhcKmcAVxZZx_QIpkesqCtNcvx9j9Yb7pzATkOZdZS2rDqdo9uB6YBpJgjefB5UyCs06V-TFWqfphV

This is his brother Theo who's actually just a creepy stalker

Edited by Spectrolithium

Been a while since I last updated, so here's what I'm working on!

Listed from most recent to least recent, starting with this wip fin-lady:

image.png?width=462&height=617

Really wonky sorta-art trade with someone:

TnpqmYM.png

Quick npc ideas for an upcoming rp?

FfLbEPk.png

gpNYYfz.png

PN0QDjF.png

Finally finished some stuff:

OYTK8En.png

0SKMLhd.png

Bonus special effects because those are fun:

t5zDiAN.jpg

NOqBpFX.png

Left person in above picture drawn in a different style:

5EBtGb8.png

IweMSfl.png

there are like 5 different styles in this post I'm sorry

Edited by Spectrolithium

I present to you a thematically appropriate blue-themed character, consistent with my avatar and sig.

e0rZ7Aq.png

i’m sure that just blue you away

aaaa i love the range of colours you use with ocs/outfits, such a treat to the eyes to scroll through everytime ~ 

those birbs stare into my soul O: 

Haha, I'm glad someone noticed! Picking out colors is one of my favorite things to do while drawing -- I hope you'll enjoy some more thematic colored images!

DeH5KZk.png

xqZnJvQ.png

nydzT40.png

YXYRt9o.png

alt ver. (no mask)

nd1K3F7.png

Edited by Lemniscate

i have to agree; i love colours !! palettes are my favourite thing : D 

ohhh, such nice concept art O: is it for a project? or an rp? magic girl battalion makes me think madoka magica meets battle royale which [ sweats nervously ] 

Not really sure what I'm going to use them for yet, just kinda drew a few themed panels. I have a bit of background info brainstormed but right now it's basically just a framework to create designs in. For me, it's easier to come up with ideas when I have a theme, so this is essentially just my current inspiration. Madoka Magica meets battle royale does kind of sum it up though.

There are two other themed pieces I have stored, but I'm probably not going to post them for a while because I still want to work on them. Going to be kinda busy this summer though so I might not update as often. ;^;

also just realized I forgot to include a picture in the upload so I'm going to fix the post now