Moonlight_Eevee

The Role Playing School

This School is Currently opened for TEACHERS

Roleplaying School

Since the two other Role-playing schools have died and eaten by a vicious role-playing dragon eater, I'm bringing this back to life. Now where can I find an electric dragon? *Coughs*

Anyway you'll be taught single by one teacher or with a whole group with one teacher, a 1x1 or a whatever on whatever. The plot can be anything PG13, and the teacher is allowed to do whatever they want with their students.

How it works

Basically, you fill out the form below. If you decide to fill it out for a teacher's role, I'll consider it if we are in need of teachers. Your roleplaying has to be lively and good. Students will always be accepted, no matter what.

If you want a certain teacher, request them. Or I can just assign you to a random teacher. Each teacher decides if they want one student or a group. They then start a new topic and roleplay, tracking progress on this topic.

Teacher guide:

Step 1: Post your app or send me a message!

Step 2: (If you're accepted) Wait for students to come in, depending on how many you wish to have.

Step 3: Start a new topic, but don't even mention ideas for a plot. Get the group of students to decide a plot, test their creativity.

Step 4: Make characters! Let the teacher start, and keep on roleplaying. The teacher will point out roleplaying mistakes (not grammar, spelling or puncuation) and give hints.

Step 5: Track your progess and plots here! Such as, "SirCrazyRover just killed off their second character, Micky. WeirdMagPie's character Zoey killed him".

Graduation and tips!

To graduate, you have to be better than you were when you joined. Your teacher will decide when you graduate, if at all. If you don't, don't feel sad! You can be in the next group with the same teacher, or different! Graduating means:

Creativity: Able to create juicy plots, and twist the roleplay in good ways.

-Characters: Also in creativity, able to create beefy characters, good or bad!

Length: You are able to get at least 2 paragraphs per post, with at least 5 sentences in each.

-On writer's block: At least 6 paragraphs with writer's block.

Detail: You are able to beef up posts with details. Ex. "Micky walked down the street" to "Micky quickly walked down the dim lit street".

-Able to add more: When you have a simple post with no details, able to put details in and make at least one new paragraph.

English: Punctuation, spelling, and grammar are the main things. "i tak lik this" to "I talk like this" would be an example.

-Grammar: Proper grammar, from "I are good is grammar" to "I am good at grammar".

-Spelling: Spelling! You all know what this is! One spelling mistake is all right, just not a heap!

Puncuation- Able to shorten words, showing examples of ownership, ex. "Cannot= Can't" Or "Jacks bag= Jack's bag".

I know that may seem like a lot, but it's pretty simple with a few tips! Don't worry, it's simple and easy as pie (if it's easy to make pie) >..>

Tips:

-Ask yourself questions, beef up your post with them (ex at bottom of page).

-Don't crit yourself! Say it's good, not bad.

-If you spell check, stop right there! Read your post, now spell check. Now read it again. Try to point out changes.

-Look up stuff. When I was a kid, I didn't know what nimble meant. I searched it and use it a lot in my posts now.

-Replace words, what could replace fast? Quick... speedy... ect...

-Don't be afraid to add a back story. "Paul's life was horrid." Why was his life horrid? "Paul's life was horrid because at a young age, his mother died in a car crash and his father became drunk and abusive."

Teachers and Students

Teachers:

Students

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rules:

~ Cussing is forbidden, use censorkip.gif instead.

~ Do not doubt your teacher.

~ Teachers, don't over use your 'powers'.

~ Characters have to be good and beefy.

~ Don't whine if I don't accept you as a teacher.

~ Any plot is fine smile.gif.

~ PG13 please.

~ TEACHERS, you can't drag your student(s) into a current roleplay. Make a new one for you guys only and let them decide the plot!

~Also, Teachers, try not to criticize your students ts at the lack of detail.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teacher form:

Username:
Level of roleplay:
You will teach... (low, medium, or high level roleplayers):
Other languages you speak:
Group or one student?:
Your limit for a group number?:
Activity (1-7 days a week):
Roleplay example:
Other: 

Student form:

Username:
Level of roleplay:
Preffered teacher?:
Group or you and a teacher?:
Preffered plot (if any):
Is english your born language:
If not, what is? (and would you preffer english or that language):
Roleplaying example: 

~~~~~~

Current roleplays:

None.

~~~~~

Banners

Free for use 83.

user posted image

[url=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=36&t=137230][IMG=http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n598/Dragongirl10188/rpschool.png] [/url]

user posted image

[URL=http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=36&t=137230][IMG=http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n598/Dragongirl10188/rps.png] [/URL] 

We need some new banners

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How to beat Writer's Block!

It's easy. Here, I'll show you examples. Work with me.

Doey walked down the street.

Why did Doey walk down the street?

Doey walked down the street, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries.

Why didn't the mother do it?

Doey walked down the street, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough.

Where is she then? The mum?

Doeu walked down the street, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey.

Describe how how walked and the street.

Doey slowly walked down the lively street and was looking around, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey.

Did he encounter anything?

Doey slowly walked down the lively street and was looking around, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey. On the way, he spotted Mr. Alex.

Who's Mr. Alex and what was he doing?

Doey slowly walked down the lively street and was looking around, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey. On the way, he spotted Mr. Alex. He was an old man and as she walked by, he watered his plants.

Could you explain what types of plants, and how he watered?

Doey slowly walked down the lively street and was looking around, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey. On the way, he spotted Mr. Alex. He was an old man and as he walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables.

Were the vegetables ripe or bad?

Doey slowly walked down the lively street and was looking around, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey. On the way, he spotted Mr. Alex. He was an old man and as he walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables. Every bit of the vegetables were ripe except for the corn.

Why is it not ripe? Everything else is.

Doey slowly walked down the lively street and was looking around, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey. On the way, he spotted Mr. Alex. He was an old man and as he walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables. Every bit of the vegetables were ripe except for the corn. It had been attacked by pigs recently, hungry little black ones attacking the corn. It had been a while since they started to grow again.

Erm, how where there pigs there?

Doey slowly walked down the lively street and was looking around, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey. On the way, he spotted Mr. Alex. He was an old man and as he walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables. Every bit of the vegetables were ripe except for the corn. It had been attacked by pigs recently, hungry little black ones attacking the corn. It had been a while since they started to grow again. The pigs had escaped from the Howezy's farm, roaming the village. Howezy's farm was a big, quiet farm just north of the village.

Hey! Look!

You've gone from:

"Doey walked down the street"

To:

"Doey slowly walked down the lively street and was looking around, his mother had sent him out to fetch the groceries as his mother had caught a bad cough. She was sleeping in bed, and had called out for Doey. On the way, he spotted Mr. Alex. He was an old man and as he walked by, he lightly watered his plants. His garden consisted of flowers, pumpkins, and vegetables. Every bit of the vegetables were ripe except for the corn. It had been attacked by pigs recently, hungry little black ones attacking the corn. It had been a while since they started to grow again. The pigs had escaped from the Howezy's farm, roaming the village. Howezy's farm was a big, quiet farm just north of the village."

Don't be afraid to ask questions and if you need any help, either contact me or your Teacher for help

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

Great idea to set up something like this! Although I think it's not necessary for me to sign up as a student, I do feel like I could get somewhat better - that article on how to beat writer's block was very helpful! Thanks. x3

Edited by Felixr2

Haha, it's alright Felix and your welcome smile.gif

I feel like, unless those pigs are going to be important to the plot or something, it's usually better to focus on the task at hand and how your character feels about it than go on a random tangent about your neighbour's garden. RP posts don't float in a void, they serve a purpose, and that purpose is to give the other RPers an idea of what's happening and something to respond to.

Like, how does Doey feel about having to run this errand? Maybe he's fine with it, but worried about his mother. Maybe he's annoyed that he has to spend his time doing this instead of other work he has. Whichever way, it'd affect his actions. Is he speedwalking so he can get it done and check back on her as soon as possible? Dragging his feet, because he's had a long day and really doesn't want to do this? Mumbling what he needs to buy under his breath? Details like those can say volumes about the character's state of mind and personality and would be visible to other characters looking to interact with him.

Also, quality over quantity; if other RPers have to trawl through a bunch of filler to find the few sentences that actually tell them what's going on, that's not an ideal situation.

Username:

Esko_the_Wolf

Level of roleplay:

Medium, most likely.

You will teach... (low, medium, or high level roleplayers):

I'll teach all of them, really. Low-medium is my preference.

Other languages you speak:

I can read a bit of Spanish, but can't type/speak it as well.

Group or one student?:

Group.

Your limit for a group number?:

I can't keep track of any more than 5.

Activity (1-7 days a week):

I check the forums every day, and post a few days a week.

Roleplay example:

He remembered how it all began much too clearly.

He was sleeping in his little human contraption, once again dreaming of ideal worlds. Evan was in the bed besides the team's Pokeballs, mostly unknowing of the great future he would bring. And, as always, he wondered about the whereabouts of his sister. But then he had woken to the whizzing of aircraft. Many sets of heavy footsteps marched up the stairs, and everyone else woke up to the scream of their master's mother. Evan had woken up as well, and ran to get his mother when he was stopped by Peons. He was challenged to a battle by the mysterious masked man only known as Shadow Master. With them all being half asleep, they were defeated easily. The boy didn't stop there. He threw himself against the Shadow Master and tried to fight for his Pokemon and family, refusing to stand down even though he lost a Pokemon battle. But the Peons electrocuted Evan. Shiko himself remembered screaming at the moment, watching their little master fall to the ground. He remembered the body occasionally jerking, and none of them were sure whether he was alive or dead. They took the boy away and brought the legendaries here. What were the whereabouts of the rest of the team?

He remembered the Master Ball he stayed in. The Pokeballs were wonderful devices, being so small and yet so comfortable. He longed for that feeling of it again, compared to the cage he stayed in now. It was an elaborate thing, with thick bars -bendable, except an army of Peons was on watch, and would capture him again and put him somewhere worse- to channel his electric bursts safely, and wires to power whatever. He might have even been a large source of the power in the facility. But his cage was cramped and terrible, and he often had to stand crouched. The position offered him little sleep. As his mind slowly unraveled, he released stronger bursts of electricity, once so much that the main power line short-circuited and backup generators had gone off. But unknown to him, he was slowly and surely damaging the systems, until one day...they wouldn't take it anymore.

He woke up after dozing off to sirens. There was an emergency, and Peons were running everywhere in a frantic fashion. He looked around. Almost nobody was there to watch him break. His tail-generator whirred like mad, and a high-pitched whine sounded. But shouldn't his electricity have been blue? Before he could ponder on why, he released the biggest pulse of electricity that he had since he arrived here. The bolts zipped up the bars and on the wires, and lights flashed bright until they fizzed out. The remaining Peons freaked out, running to get the spare generator working.

Finally.

Shiko grabbed each bar and pushed, his muscles straining. The metal groaned with being bent, until finally there was a hole wide enough for him to slip through. For the first time in forever, the Zekrom stepped outside of his cage, with a bent back and a wobbly step. His vision was beginning to go red. He stormed out while the power was out, taking the chance to look for Evan. "Little master! Little master!" He shouted, running through the empty halls. Then he came upon a room full of Peons. They were working on getting the power up. One of them spotted him, but before they could shout, he shot a wave of electricity. They were paralyzed with shock, and in a growing rage he took the chance to kill them all. He bit down, stomped, clawed, threw against the wall or floor. The entire room was splattered with blood.

As Shiko stormed out, he didn't notice the pod at the back...

---

Xorral looked like he was in an open area, but really he was in an electric cage. Every time he tried to wander outside the boundaries, he would be painfully shocked with a collar on his neck. He couldn't get the collar off, no matter how hard he tried. So, generally he spent his days curled up as his scales turned black. He was hungry. Very hungry. He felt like eating a whole cow. A giant basket of berries. Something.

When the lights went off, the Rayquaza immediately had an idea. He slunk out of his boundaries to feel no shock at all, and he found a sharp object to rip the collar off. Perfect. The fools don't know how to keep watch when things go wrong. I can be free once more. He rushed through the corridors, his snakelike body rushing through the facility. The joy rushed over him, and he broke through a ventilation system to get out unnoticed. Of course, the vents were stretched and broken by his long body.

"Dragon Ascent!"

He used his signature move. He felt energy course through him as he mega-evolved, then powered through the ceiling. The material broke and fell in chunks as Xorral zipped into the sky. Home, at last.

---

Sam leaned against the wall, excited for the new year still. He had gotten a good night of sleep, and he was feeling especially well today. He turned his neck sharply to one side, hearing a satisfying crack!, then did the same in the opposite direction. Feeling loose and flexible, he paid attention to the Doctor, smiling and waving a tiny bit when they mentioned the second years. He was certainly ready to fill in numbers, especially since Rachel did..not work out.

On Dr. Robinson's command, the kids would begin to pair up.

Other:

I provided an example of no writers block and writers block smile.gif

I feel like, unless those pigs are going to be important to the plot or something, it's usually better to focus on the task at hand and how your character feels about it than go on a random tangent about your neighbour's garden. RP posts don't float in a void, they serve a purpose, and that purpose is to give the other RPers an idea of what's happening and something to respond to.

Like, how does Doey feel about having to run this errand? Maybe he's fine with it, but worried about his mother. Maybe he's annoyed that he has to spend his time doing this instead of other work he has. Whichever way, it'd affect his actions. Is he speedwalking so he can get it done and check back on her as soon as possible? Dragging his feet, because he's had a long day and really doesn't want to do this? Mumbling what he needs to buy under his breath? Details like those can say volumes about the character's state of mind and personality and would be visible to other characters looking to interact with him.

Also, quality over quantity; if other RPers have to trawl through a bunch of filler to find the few sentences that actually tell them what's going on, that's not an ideal situation.

This particular example is set in an undescribed area - explaining the surroundings with things like the garden and those pigs is one of the first things to do in that situation. At least that's how it occurs to me. Of course, after asking yourself a load of questions and getting tons of words written, ask yourself the question "is this line interesting to read and/or (very) important" for every line; when the answer is "no", remove that line. Put the information that's left together in a way that makes sense and poof, there your paragraph is, Then onto the next one. Wow, I haven't thought of doing this yet, I'm teaching myself thanks to this thread o.O.

Edited by Felixr2

This particular example is set in an undescribed are - explaining the surroundings with things like the garden and those pigs is one of the first things to do in that situation. At least that's how it occurs to me. Of course, after asking yourself a load of questions and getting tons of words written, ask yourself the question "is this line interesting to read and/or (very) important" for every line; when the answer is "no", remove that line. Put the information that's left together in a way that makes sense and poof, there your paragraph is, Then onto the next one. Wow, I haven't thought of doing this yet, I'm teaching myself thanks to this thread o.O.

Oh, setting the scene can definitely be important in some contexts, but there's also this to keep in mind; if most of your post describes your character's surroundings as opposed to what they're actually doing, it kind of feels like your character is just standing in the middle of the street staring at everything.

Oh, setting the scene can definitely be important in some contexts, but there's also this to keep in mind; if most of your post describes your character's surroundings as opposed to what they're actually doing, it kind of feels like your character is just standing in the middle of the street staring at everything.

Oh well, I haven't thought of that yet. Thanks for pointing that out - I will definitely be able to use that bit of information. smile.gif

Username: Voltage

Level of roleplay: Medium-low ((start off semi-strong but after some time my posts shorten.))

Preffered teacher?: No preference on teachers.

Group or you and a teacher?: i would prefer a group though i am fine with either.

Preffered plot (if any): None

Is english your born language: Yes

If not, what is? (and would you preffer english or that language):

Roleplaying example:

Nagisa stood over the anvil in his forge, using his hammer to begin forging a blade that he was asked for. The banging of metal on metal was heard on the street outside of his shop causing many people to look in and see him hard at work making the greatsword for his customer. Nagisa set the hot blade in the water to cool as he wiped some sweat off his forehead, his beautiful hawk wings stretching behind him. He picked the blade up after it cooled enjoying his job. Nagisa heard the people gathering as he closed his wings, feeling the soft feathers against his back while focusing on his work. He finished making the blade itself after hours of hammering it into shape, taking it over to the Sharpening stone to begin making the blade usable. He finally finished the simple greatsword and lay it on his front counter, he wasn't sure what the sword would be used for but he was certain that it would be able to impress no matter what it was used for.

I'm going to close this for now, as I'm in the process of reworking the entire roleplay school and have been for some time.

If anybody has any questions/suggestions/comments, do absolutely feel free to run them by me. I'd be more than happy to help/listen.

Thank you,

DH