DarkShinyLugia

Online games that shut down

I paid money for EA Game's Darkspore because of the customization aspect and the pretty graphics. I played it only very briefly, but the game, despite you having to pay money for it, is not playable without connecting to their servers. Not much later EA shut down the servers, making the game worthless.

Don't trust EA, people.

Personally I think the decision to move to mobile was probably a wise one, as phones are much more accessible than computers nowadays and I think, for kids, a touch screen probably feels a lot more hands-on and fun to grapple with than a mousepad, so it might be a more engaging way to play.

I meant to log on and reminisce at some point after the closing was announced, but I never did get around to it. What a shame. Well, if the app's free I might pick it up sometime just to see what it's like.

It's the end of an era, anyhow. Rest in peace.

rip pokemon crater.

everything else i used to play (that i remember) is still alive. webkinz, neopets, this.

Alicia. It was the only horse-racing-in-nature game that I'd ever known and I was so happy that I'd found it, but it stopped servicing a few months after I stared to play. It had such good graphics and sounds as well... D:

Alicia online isn't completely dead! biggrin.gif

The people who used to translate it into English gathered a lot of data before it closed and are now in the process of bringing it back!

Just google 'aliciagame.com' and also check out their facebook page Alicia3D, they update every Sunday.

Currently, multiplayer races are online and functioning - only thing we're missing really is breeding

i'm actually surprised crap like roblox isn't following in club penguin's wake and shutting down either it's so outdated and honestly needs to go

Edited by petewentztheemogod

1 single game: Club penguin. I played it and actually was enjoying it.

Now hoping Animal Jam won't shut down on me

I've found that there are actually a couple of sites dedicating themselves to recreating Club Penguin such as 'Club Penguin Rewritten' (CPR) which remakes an older version of Club Penguin with membership for all people who sign up. So it's not all lost. smile.gif

There's also 'Virtual Penguin' which, from what i've seen, recreates a newer version of Club Penguin but I haven't checked this one out, yet. There are quite a few others but there seems to be some drama about security on these servers (CPR got breached yesterday, sadly.)

Add me to the Pokémon Crater list. Has it really been almost ten years? I tried joining two or three of the copycat sites, but I just couldn't get attached again. /: