DarkShinyLugia

Online games that shut down

once there was a game called newdinos or i dont remember but one day i went in it and i just froze after seeing that the game have just disapeared of the facebook and when i went in google to seek it i found nothing the game have vanished into the air

I'm not sure it counts, but...

there was this little flash game around called bunni, where you had a little island and you had to save everyone and rebuild the civilisation after some kind of bad thing had happened.

It let you save your game, which was hosted on a server somewhere.

But one day I wanted to play it and all I got was a blank green screen that should have had the loading bar and login thing on it, no matter which site I went to. I was really quite sad sad.gif I wanted to play it. Not that I got attached to my save files, they get auto-deleted if you're inactive anyway, but it was an enjoyable pastime and had cute visuals.

Funny, I can't remember the name of the game anymore.... It was on cartoon network, their biggest game (size wise), Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends was what it was about. Big world with lots of stuff to do. I used to love it, unfortunately one day, they took it down for lack of popularity. I miss that game...

Edited by Sean175

zwok.com - an extremely old flash worms-style multiplayer game.

I didn't mention it before because it was so old and every time it occurred to me to check it out, I would, and it would still be there, my little red devil-headed brick-tossing avatar.

But I just did and found it finally had its domain for sale. When it happened between the last time I checked and now, I wouldn't know. But it sure had been around for an exceptionally long time and just slipped away into nothingness.

I'm not sure it counts, but...

there was this little flash game around called bunni, where you had a little island and you had to save everyone and rebuild the civilisation after some kind of bad thing had happened.

It let you save your game, which was hosted on a server somewhere.

But one day I wanted to play it and all I got was a blank green screen that should have had the loading bar and login thing on it, no matter which site I went to. I was really quite sad sad.gif I wanted to play it. Not that I got attached to my save files, they get auto-deleted if you're inactive anyway, but it was an enjoyable pastime and had cute visuals.

I remember playing bunni all the time in 5th grade on my school laptop when I finished early or recess! I never know it stopped working...

not sure if Pottermore ever counted as a game, and the site still exists, but all the interactive things (the interactive chapters, duelling, potion making ect) is gone, and has been for a long time, but I miss all of that old stuff sad.gif

Dragonadopters, ZOMG, and those are all I really remember. It's late though, and most of what I play has been console for years. Toontown was another one. It's sad so many of them fail when they had so much potential.

For those former Gaians, Lanzer's back and Goldemort is gone.

All hail the great Waffles!

I use to play an MMO called ZOMG! on Gaia Online, I mean, it wasn't that good but I made so many friends and have so many good memories from it. The site is so dull without it.

Iris Online (still open as a private server) and Trickster Online (still open as a pay2win private server). Those were the MMOs I played when I was younger and I miss them so much. I also consider Wonderland Online dead, since it's just full of bots anyway. But it had an amazing quest system that I loved :/ Never had as much fun with quests in MMOs as in WLO...

I also miss Dragonadopters that people have already mentioned

Edited by LaHaine

There used to be a Warhammer Fantasy MMO that I'd play. Sadly it closed after almost nobody played anymore. I enjoyed playing with friends though and I miss it even though I couldn't play as a Skaven as I would have liked to.

Edit: And I remember Dragonadopters! I miss it too!

Edited by Acclivius

Alicia. It was the only horse-racing-in-nature game that I'd ever known and I was so happy that I'd found it, but it stopped servicing a few months after I stared to play. It had such good graphics and sounds as well... D:

There used to be this cute little MMO called Glitch. It had several places to explore, cute music and visuals... I found it lots of fun since I love collecting things. I no longer remember what I found so fun about it but I was honestly addicted to it. I was so sad when Tiny Speck shut down and had to close it...

I heard that it was going to be recreated at some point but I'm not sure that went anywhere. I hope it comes back someday. It's a game I will happily play even if it comes back fifty years from now (assuming i'm still here).

WildIsle. I only played it for about 6 months, actually. Then it went down for "maintenance and a complete overhaul of the game" estimated to be 3 months... It's been 8 years now.

The leader of the group I joined in-game was studying IRL to become a paleontologist. I hope that worked out for him.

Does anyone remember Kwonho? I used to play that online fighting game a butt-ton, alongside with MapleStory. I used to make my character have Thick™ legs cause I thought it was funny.

Funny, I can't remember the name of the game anymore.... It was on cartoon network, their biggest game (size wise), Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends was what it was about. Big world with lots of stuff to do. I used to love it, unfortunately one day, they took it down for lack of popularity. I miss that game...

That was Big Fat Awesome House Party! I used to play it too, still miss it. =(

I also used to play Dragonadopters. I never did get to turn all my dragons gold...

There used to be this cute little MMO called Glitch. It had several places to explore, cute music and visuals... I found it lots of fun since I love collecting things. I no longer remember what I found so fun about it but I was honestly addicted to it. I was so sad when Tiny Speck shut down and had to close it...

I heard that it was going to be recreated at some point but I'm not sure that went anywhere. I hope it comes back someday. It's a game I will happily play even if it comes back fifty years from now (assuming i'm still here).

Glitch was probably for me the best game I've ever played and I imagine it will take a TON to top it in the future.

I'm pretty peeved that Club Penguin is being shut down so they can turn it into some stupid mobile app. I don't play it anymore, but as a kid I really enjoyed messing around on the website and it established itself as something fondly remembered.

I'm also bitter about them deleting my 9 year old account on club penguin

Yeah, that happened to me too, and I also was pretty mad. Disney is obviously only in it for the money (which is understandable). I was one of those kiddos that bought one of those expensive memberships with my Christmas money too.

Pirates of the Caribbean online was literally my favorite game and I made a lot of lifelong friends on it. It's always reminds me that online games are pretty much meaningless once they close down. Kind of a depressing afterthought.

VMK. I was pretty disappointed when it closed down.

Dude, I was obsessed with VMK. Was so happy when I finally got a bird hat. I miss that game.