DarkShinyLugia

Online games that shut down

With the newer games of Pokemon, PDP of the Pokemon games (Pearl, Diamond, Plantinum) shut down the WiFi network. Not sure if Black and White (along with both BW2) are still up. Is it still possible to access Dream World?

Also, with the popular game: Town of Salem, I am unsure if the original game Werewolf vs Spies is still online

With the newer games of Pokemon, PDP of the Pokemon games (Pearl, Diamond, Plantinum) shut down the WiFi network. Not sure if Black and White (along with both BW2) are still up. Is it still possible to access Dream World?

Also, with the popular game: Town of Salem, I am unsure if the original game Werewolf vs Spies is still online

No, no Dream World access. All WFC aceess things for the DS games are gone.

RIP Pokemon Crater. :'(

Oh man, I remember Pokemon Crater. That place was the basis of my internet childhood. I miss it, a bit, even though it took literally an hour to load a page back in the day.

(let me sing to you the song of my people: rEEEEEEeeeeEEeeeeooowaaaaawaAAAaaaaAaaAAaaaaaaaaaa)

I am recalling a little more of such games each day. There was a time when I played Gaia Online's MMO game zOMG. Although it was very basic, I had chill fun with it. I was on hiatus from Gaia for a long time that I had to file a ticket to unlock my account and unlocking my account took a year. sleep.gif Finally, when I got to log in, I learned that zOMG has already been shut down. I suppose that it was the universe's way of assisting me in cutting down on the games I play. laugh.gif

Edited by Natevaelle

The Order of the Griffin. It was a really interesting game, I liked it a lot. sad.gif

i loved order of the griffin!

i played a lot of Monster Hunter Tri on the wii and the ds wifi

i used to play tinierme and gaia online a lot, but i stopped a few years ago and never heard that tm was shut down. i tried to find it again so i could make some selfies for my characters, but of course that didn't work.

The ipet apps. They weren't really games, but I started rping on those apps, so upset they died though, and years later I found out the apps were shut down because of people not following the rules and rping things over PG ratings.

i used to play tinierme and gaia online a lot, but i stopped a few years ago and never heard that tm was shut down. i tried to find it again so i could make some selfies for my characters, but of course that didn't work.

You can use this: http://www.dreamself.me/ if you want to make selfies. I've never actually played the game it's based on so I can't determine accuracy, but it's lots of fun to just put together costumes. smile.gif

Anyway that's really all I have to say at the moment, I'm sure I've played games that shut down but I can't remember any at this moment.

I am recalling a little more of such games each day. There was a time when I played Gaia Online's MMO game zOMG. Although it was very basic, I had chill fun with it. I was on hiatus from Gaia for a long time that I had to file a ticket to unlock my account and unlocking my account took a year. sleep.gif Finally, when I got to log in, I learned that zOMG has already been shut down. I suppose that it was the universe's way of assisting me in cutting down on the games I play. laugh.gif

zOMG was awesome! I miss it too. Gaia in general is pretty much dead - it's nothing but a money sink now.

Which one? Free Realms or DP?

Free Realms was probably just someone saying "this game's for little kids, and it's been up too long", unless someone can tell the story behind it.

Dragon's Prophet North America was probably shut down because SOE was falling behind in updates compared to Infernum (EU) and Runewaker (TW). Most people had already moved to EU servers, so "what did it matter?" Unfortunately, it mattered a lot to me, and I'm still salty.

DP Europe is nearly dead too. Infernum went into insolvency, was restructured and merged with Gamigo...and since then there was no real Update.

The server is empty, fewer and fewer players, especially shortage of new players and only many of the "old" with new twinks. No new region, pvp still bugged and full of players using macros to get better (spawn-kills etc.) Many of our large guilds disintegrated.....I start DP sometimes just to fly around with my favourite dragons, but don't play anymore.

I don't think that this game has a future. Many of my old guild members moved to riders of Icarus or are waiting for revelation online

I was also sad when dragonadopters and valenth were shut down. I had a really large collection of shinies on valenth :-(

I always, ALWAYS played Pokemon Crater when I was a kid. I don't remember what year they shut it down, but I remember being very upset about it...

Now they have remade it, but it's not as fun as I remember so I'm not going to play it again. smile.gif

DP Europe is nearly dead too. Infernum went into insolvency, was restructured and merged with Gamigo...and since then there was no real Update.

The server is empty, fewer and fewer players, especially shortage of new players and only many of the "old" with new twinks. No new region, pvp still bugged and full of players using macros to get better (spawn-kills etc.) Many of our large guilds disintegrated.....I start DP sometimes just to fly around with my favourite dragons, but don't play anymore.

I don't think that this game has a future. Many of my old guild members moved to riders of Icarus or are waiting for revelation online

I was also sad when dragonadopters and valenth were shut down. I had a really large collection of shinies on valenth :-(

I'm glad someone brought up Dragonadopters. That site was one of my daily stops for a few years. I feel like I was really out of the know when they shut down, it happened out of no where.

I'll also toss in a vote for zOMG. I stayed on the servers until the last minute when everyone got booted off. Gaia used to be so much more than it is now. What with the mischief makers, the plotted out story lines that went along with every seasonal event. There was so much heart behind it all...

It isn't shut down, but Wonderland Online is a ghost town besides those who paid to migrate to the oldest server. Why that's pertinent is because it's one of the games that I spent a considerable amount of money (albeit peanuts to americans) on.

Nutrinopets shut down for reasons I don't want to understand, which is a shame because their community was comparatively better to Neopets.

Gaiaonline is DEAD to me. They took away zOMG, which was about the only thing I enjoyed doing on there anymore. Then the new guy came in and monetized everything. Capitalism ho! More like inflation ho.

And blaspheming here; The shutdowns of Restaurant City and Pet Society (playfish in general) were wretched.

Edited by Redds

I agree that Playfish was awful, 100%. My favorite game that shut down was City of Heroes/City of Villians. I miss that game a lot.

I agree that Playfish was awful, 100%. My favorite game that shut down was City of Heroes/City of Villians. I miss that game a lot.

It wasn't Playfish's fault; they were the good guys. EA came in, bought everything, tossed RC and PS (and every other playfish game) which had arguably one of the largest player bases at the time, and forced Sims Social down everyone's throats. With a pathetic measly 'compensation' of like 30 in-game gems for shutting down two games that people invested years of time and money and fostered a huge fun-loving and active forum community in. It just felt like a slap in the face. "Hey here's some gems for wasting all your time on those games when you should've been playing Sims Social!"

I'm sure SS is doing fantastic and all now, but the fall of Playfish basically set my exit from FB in stone. Well I guess you could say if all this never happened, I wouldn't be tumblr trash right now.

Three words: City of Heroes.

The single best online mmorpg I've ever played, and the only super-hero themed one that isn't complete trash (I'm looking at you DC universe online). It shut down due to lack of support from NCSoft after decreasing sales, sputtered out after going FTP. I loved it so much, and just when I got my family to start playing I got my one month notification before the servers shut down.

Dragon's Prophet NA

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine

Dragonadopters was pretty ok.

Not sure what else shut down. Bummed only bc Megaten was nice and ran well and I had my Orthrus who was my child.

He will always be my favorite.

I usually went on FB to play games (having created an account at 8 years old..)

So naturally, games I miss would be Crazy Planets (it had awesome music, too.. I can still remember that one final level theme) and Pet Society. Great FB games that didn't require any real money in order to fully enjoy them.. There was also Wild Ones, which was pretty fun. I didn't mind farming coins for stronger animals or weapons.

I usually went on FB to play games (having created an account at 8 years old..)

So naturally, games I miss would be Crazy Planets (it had awesome music, too.. I can still remember that one final level theme) and Pet Society. Great FB games that didn't require any real money in order to fully enjoy them.. There was also Wild Ones, which was pretty fun. I didn't mind farming coins for stronger animals or weapons.

I remember crazy planet!

I really loved that game. I remember one day seeing that they were doing some work on the game and that they said the game would be back shortly, but it never came back.

There's a reason why I don't trust Disney with any MMO-like game anymore.

Toontown, Pixie Hollow, VMK, Pirates, Disney Infinity... when will the massacre end?

I'm also bitter about them deleting my 9 year old account on club penguin

Most of the Disney online games. Example, though Phil of the Future Skyak Ride is still somewhere, even if the host is not Disney, other Phil of the Future games such as the Pixel Picture thingy has discontinued.