dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

Now let me get today's post. XD

--

292seu0.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Thursday, October 19, 2017, today is Day 3 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Gibbous.
- Also, today is Day 19 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Crescent.

New Spreadsheet: Link(Please enter data here now.)

Old Spreadsheet: Link (For your viewing pleasure.)

Please help us out by catching and breeding Luminae/Dark Luminae!

Edit: And because new page...

--

Current calendar: IIxpYQW.png

--

Verse said:
{snip}

I've made summary charts (Cirion cycle) for old spreadsheet data, with day count 0-15: here they are.

Besides separated charts for caught, bred and total number there are also additional charts for Light Luminae starting from day 8, so they show days with highest number of reported Luminae in the centre, not on the opposite sides of chart.

And the chart with comparison of totals:

user posted image

Quoting so people can see the current data.

Edited by Shokomon

2lk5pas.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting yesterday at 8:00 PM EDT/DC, Friday, October 20, 2017, today is Day of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Crescent.
- Also, today is Day 20 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Crescent.

Edited by Verse

Thank you for covering for us, Verse! 

I totally missed it. And today's well. So sorry guys!

--

2lk5pas.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Saturday, October 21, 2017, it is Day 5 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Crescent.
- Also, it is Day 21 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Crescent.

2lk5pas.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Sunday, October 22, 2017, today is Day 6 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Crescent.
- Also, today is Day 22 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Crescent.

Please help us out by catch

My only-for-two-weeks job has become a guess-we'll-keep-you-for-the-holidays job! Which is great for me, but does mean I'll still not be able to help out here every day, so just letting you know.

Anyway, day change!

- - - - - - - -

2lk5pas.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Sunday, October 23, 2017, today is Day 7 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Crescent.
- Also, today is Day 23 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Crescent.

34exgno.jpg 24c8bhy.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Monday, October 24, 2017, today is Day 8 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is New Moon.
- Also, today is Day 24 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

Is there a similar chart for Aurax? I'm curious if they're only influenced by Cirion.

I think in one of the earlier charts made by @Verse, the pattern seemed to show it alternating with Cirion more than Aurax phases...

I have to go back go find it though...

11 hours ago, Lurhstaap said:

Is there a similar chart for Aurax? I'm curious if they're only influenced by Cirion.

Thought that I had it somewhere, but it seems like (after we connected Dark Luminae with Cirion cycle) I haven't made charts for Aurax at all (back then). But I was able to do this one a while ago, so here it is:

Totals Aurax podsumowanie.png

It contains the same data as the ones that are quoted in the thread.

Edited by Verse

So it looks like they ARE tied to both moons, in a way that seems to work a lot like how I guessed it might a long time ago. Both moons seem to show a big spike of Dark Luminas and a drop in normal Luminas when they are new. Since the moons aren't in sync, this must average out somehow, or perhaps one is more influential than the other. Intuitively I would guess that Cirion is more important for Dark Luminas and Aurax for normal Luminas, but whatever it is, it looks like it's pretty clear at this point that a New moon = more Dark Luminas and a Full moon = more normal Luminas. Pretty cool!

The moons are totally in sync: When Aurax is full, Cirion will also always be full. It's just that Cirion's cycle is exactly half as long as Aurax's, so when Aurax is new, Cirion will also be full.

Keep in mind that you are looking at data from when ratios between light and dark Luminae were still heavily skewed towards breeding dark ones.

Actually, I've been planning to make charts for new spreadsheet for some time now and today I finally found some time to do that.

There're 1378 Lumina eggs reported on old sheet and 1113 on new one.

Old (first) vs. new (second) sheet based charts for Cirion cycle:

Light Luminae caught or seen in biomes:

Spoiler

ON4HsB5.pngZyacp0I.png

Light Luminae bred:

Spoiler

PvdJHiK.png br5hBLp.png

Dark Luminae caught or seen in biomes:

Spoiler

PPdcdtN.png7VoiN9M.png

Dark Luminae bred:

Spoiler

lNnn310.pngvpMOAz0.png

Old and new charts for Light Lumina and caught/seen Dark Lumina are quite similar and show something actually. But it's much more difficult to say this about data for bred Dark Luminae :rolleyes:

Edit

Forgot about adding links to other charts, mostly with comparisons Lights and Darks:

Old charts, Cirion lunar cycle: https://imgur.com/a/nD7Tk

New charts:

Cirion lunar cycle: https://imgur.com/a/jxPsR

Aurax lunar cycle: https://imgur.com/a/vkLtK

Aurax and Cirion lunar cycles: https://imgur.com/a/ZajtQ

Edited by Verse

Also, to find out the chances to get Light/Dark Lumina on certain days of cycle, I started to note the breeding attempts that gave no egg (excluding refusals) too. It's still in progress, but for now I recorded quite high number of records (around 75 attempts) for 10 of 16 days of Cirion cycle. I mentioned this before, but now I have much more data for some days.

Here is the result:

Spoiler

0FKJz6w.png

Here are separated charts for Cirion cycle and the same ones for Aurax and Cirion phases: https://imgur.com/a/YdtWy

And with Aurax phases only: https://imgur.com/a/7TPwZ

Edited by Verse

14 hours ago, Ruby Eyes said:

The moons are totally in sync: When Aurax is full, Cirion will also always be full. It's just that Cirion's cycle is exactly half as long as Aurax's, so when Aurax is new, Cirion will also be full.

Keep in mind that you are looking at data from when ratios between light and dark Luminae were still heavily skewed towards breeding dark ones.

But... That means they aren't in sync in the way I meant. The two moons aren't always in the same phase. The fact that it's possible for Aurax to be new while Cirion is full is exactly what I meant by not being in sync. If they were, they'd both always be in the same phase.

And yes, that's true, but wasn't looking at overall numbers anyway, just the way the numbers peaked and dipped. There may be more Luminas being born now, but that doesn't change (or shouldn't) the pattern I was observing. The pattern, in terms of when Dark Luminas are more common and when Luminas are more common, should be the same regardless of whether the specific numbers are higher or lower at any given time because the lunar rules we're trying to discover presumably haven't changed.

Edited by Lurhstaap

Thank you Verses for the Charts! They are always great!

Looks like we really need to bred more dragons to get the Bred Ratios right. 

The Catch ratios seem very similar to previous data we've gathered so far. 

Though, for the Aurax Charts, I think you need to take out the Cirion Cycle from them, so we can just see how egg laying is affected by only Aurax. It won't affect the distribution, but it would make it easier to read. So, there should be like 3 versions of the chart, 1 with only Cirion phases present, 1 with only Aurax phase present, and 1 with both phases present. Is that understandable?

Now on to the really late phase post

--

akalck.jpg 24c8bhy.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Wednesday, October 25, 2017, today is Day 9 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Crescent.
- Also, today is Day 25 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

10 hours ago, Shokomon said:

Though, for the Aurax Charts, I think you need to take out the Cirion Cycle from them, so we can just see how egg laying is affected by only Aurax. It won't affect the distribution, but it would make it easier to read. So, there should be like 3 versions of the chart, 1 with only Cirion phases present, 1 with only Aurax phase present, and 1 with both phases present. Is that understandable?

It is, I know what you mean.

Done :)

New charts for Aurax cycle only, without phases of Cirion: https://imgur.com/a/vkLtK

And similar ones for my breeding data: https://imgur.com/a/7TPwZ

Adding them to the posts above too.

Edited by Verse

On 10/25/2017 at 6:36 PM, Lurhstaap said:

But... That means they aren't in sync in the way I meant. The two moons aren't always in the same phase. The fact that it's possible for Aurax to be new while Cirion is full is exactly what I meant by not being in sync. If they were, they'd both always be in the same phase.

And yes, that's true, but wasn't looking at overall numbers anyway, just the way the numbers peaked and dipped. There may be more Luminas being born now, but that doesn't change (or shouldn't) the pattern I was observing. The pattern, in terms of when Dark Luminas are more common and when Luminas are more common, should be the same regardless of whether the specific numbers are higher or lower at any given time because the lunar rules we're trying to discover presumably haven't changed.

I'm not entirely sure what you are teying to say?

If you are saying there is no concrete pattern then you are right, but there are trends:

- The closer the phases are to a Cirion Full Moon, the more likely you are to get normal Luminae. 

- The closer the phases are to a Cirion New Moon, the more likely you are to get Dark Luminae.

From the data we can say that. Though. Im not sure that's what you are looking for.

--

Thank you again Verse! You are swell!

292seu0.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Thursday, October 26, 2017, today is Day 10 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Crescent.
- Also, today is Day 26 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

Edited by Alectrona

No, no, you've got it backwards. That was exactly the point I was making, that there are clearly visible trends in the data and because the underlying rules responsible for those trends have not (presumably) changed, the amount of data shouldn't matter after a point. That was a response to someone who pointed out that the data from the chart I had been looking at before was using earlier data when the ratio was skewed to Dark Luminas because they were new. My point was that shouldn't matter because what I was commenting on in my original post were those fixed trends. It doesn't matter how many overall of each kind there are; it's still true that a new moon means more Darks are born and a full moon means more Lights are born. 

The reason I was talking about the moons being out of sync is that a while ago now in this thread I posted a hypothesis that they were responsive to both moons in some way. It turns out I was at least partly right in that I predicted the new moon-Dark Lumina connection. The Aurax data suggests there's a connection to it as well. I was saying that I think my original idea is correct - that both moons matter and their phases are somehow both checked or averaged to get that day's odds for the two breeds. It may be even more complex than I thought though because it looks like from that chart with the odds that some days were just plain bad days to get either one.

292seu0.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting yesterday at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Friday, October 27, 2017, today is Day 11 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Crescent.
- Also, today is Day 27 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

Thanks for covering, Verse!

- - - - - - - -

292seu0.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Saturday, October 28, 2017, today is Day 12 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.
- Also, today is Day 28 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

Sorry it's a bit late! I got mixed up due to daylight savings.

- - - - - - - -

292seu0.jpg igvx4o.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Saturday, October 29, 2017, today is Day 13 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.
- Also, today is Day 29 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

vhub10.jpg 24c8bhy.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Monday, November 30, 2017, today is Day 14 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.
- Also, today is Day 30 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

vhub10.jpg 24c8bhy.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Tuesday, November 31, 2017, today is Day 15 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.
- Also, today is Day 31 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

Edited by Verse

Thanks for covering again, Verse!

- - - - - - - -

2a2agg.jpg 2ywcllx.jpg
- Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC Wednesday, November 1, 2017, today is Day 0 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Full Moon.
- Also, today is Day 0 of the Aurax Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Full Moon.