dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

Breeding my Luminas again because I can.

Lumina x Electric = Lumina

Whiptail x Lumina = Lumina

Wrong species x2 (a Swallowtail and a Nhiostrife)

No egg/interest x6

Only one of my Dark Luminas produced, and it produced the other dragon's species. Huh.

Because there were no additions to the doc yesterday, I want to add your info to the doc.

When did you bred the guys? It should say in your action log.

Edit: Added To the Doc.

Edited by Shokomon

Just bred 15 Luminae/Dark Luminae but apart from one light Lumina egg I only got no interest or the other parent's type. Are they kind of out of season right now because of the new moon/full moon combination? Or are the ratios beginning to adjust...? Or maybe I used up all my luck for today because I turned two Zombies earlier. xd.png

Edited by dustpuppy

Dude, I've been so busy recently I forgot all about the phase changes. Luckily I've had some lovely ladies over in the DC Moon Watch to keep track for me!

Though, for here, I have to remember to mention it, so let me put up the phase changes that occured yesterday and today

Note: EDT/DC = Eastern Daylight Saving Time / Dragon Cave Time

---

Moon Phases for 8:00 PM EDT/DC, Friday, September 23, 2016 to 7:59 PM EDT/DC, Tuesday, September 27, 2016:

Moon Phases

Aurax (Golden moon) Waning crescent

Cirion (Blue moon) Waxing gibbous

Moon Phases for 8:00 PM EDT/DC, Tuesday, September 27, 2016 to 7:59 PM EDT/DC, Wednesday September 28, 2016:

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) New

CIRION (BLUE MOON) Full

Moon Phases for 8:00 PM EDT/DC, Wednesday, September 28, 2016 to 7:59 PM EDT/DC, Saturday, October 1, 2016:

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) Waxing Crescent

CIRION (BLUE MOON) Waning Gibbous

Please Use these phases for any egg sighted, bred, or caught during the above times.

24 Dark Lumina's bred to Golds 28/9

resulting in

18 no eggs

6 Lumina

Breeding times going by log 4.35 PM - 4.51 PM

Edited by rrattts

Okay! Now that I've grabbed some time...

Here is the 1 month (and a couple days) worth of data we collected for the Dark Lumina/Lumina breeding:

user posted image

- Here is basically all the eggs caught/sighted and bred from 8/21/2016 and 9/21/2016.

- It's all kinds of messy. You can see when the Mass Breed of Luminae happened. xd.png

user posted image

- Here is a much cleaner version of total Lumina vs total Dark Lumina by date. There is not a clear surge of when Lumina appear and disappear relative to Dark Lumina. More data needed...

user posted image

- Here is the Dark Luminae and Luminae Counts by Moon Phases.

- You can see that certain phases have more eggs than the others.

- If we watch another lunar cycle pass by, we should see if this distribution is maintained or not.

user posted image

- Here is Percentage of Luminae Caught/Bred in different Lunar phases.

- The bigger the block of color, the more eggs were sight/caught/bred during that time.

- I actually made this chart on accident and decided to keep it.

user posted image

- Here is the Percentage of Luminae Eggs Relative to Time of Day

- All this really proves that more eggs in general were bred/caught at night than during the day...

- All the bar are around the same height....

user posted image

- Lastly, here is the Percentage of Luminae Relative to the Parent Biome.

- If anything, the chart just says it's easier to get Dark Luminae by Breeding than Luminae, which make sense, as the Dark Luminae were only released a month ago.

- There's no relative difference between parent biomes...

I am making a chart for Parent Mana. I haven't finished making the sheet for it yet.

Tell me if you see anything. Or want to see anything!

It may take a bit to make it though.

Thank you so much! I can definitely... maybe... imagine that I see some patterns emerging in the two moon phases charts. Let's see if the next cycle confirms them...

Edited by dustpuppy

I'd still like to see something separating the two moons. If the control is by only one moon it might be easier to see something if we only look at one moon at a time. But it looks like full and near full of the second moon coincided with large numbers of light luminas and tiny numbers of dark luminas each time, based on the percentages found during each moon type graph.

I still think there are too many things shown on the first graph especially. I can't pick out anything to follow to see if there's any pattern. I'd really suggest graphing with -only- the total numbers, since it seems that different breeding details don't mean anything.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I'd still like to see something separating the two moons.  If the control is by only one moon it might be easier to see something if we only look at one moon at a time.  But it looks like full and near full of the second moon coincided with large numbers of light luminas and tiny numbers of dark luminas each time, based on the percentages found during each moon type graph.

I still think there are too many things shown on the first graph especially.  I can't pick out anything to follow to see if there's any pattern.  I'd really suggest graphing with -only- the total numbers, since it seems that different breeding details don't mean anything.

Well, the one with only total numbers for dates, is the gray and dark gray graph beneath it, so there is that one.

As for single moon influence, I'll make one for them...eventually. I"m working on the sheet now.

Edit: Also, any more data for the sheet?

We still need more!

Edited by Shokomon

Also, note!

The moon phases have changed at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time/Dragon Cave Time (EDT/DC)!

Current moon phases are:

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) Waxing crescent

CIRION (BLUE MOON) Waning crescent

These moon phases will last from 8:00 EDT/DC, Saturday, October 1, 2016 to 7:59 EDT/DC, Wednesday, October 5, 2016.

Please use these phases for any eggs sighted, caught, or bred during this period.

A bit after the 7 AM drop I saw a dark lumina in the alpine and a regular lumina in the desert. Sorry if this is already known.

A bit after the 7 AM drop I saw a dark lumina in the alpine and a regular lumina in the desert. Sorry if this is already known.

Nothing to be sorry for! This helps too!

Though if you could provide the (misspelled) code of the egg too. That would be good!

It's so we don't have multiple posting about the same egg.

So, any more eggs?

Nothing to be sorry for! This helps too!

Though if you could provide the (misspelled) code of the egg too. That would be good!

It's so we don't have multiple posting about the same egg.

So, any more eggs?

Ahhh so sorry, I didn't pick any nor checked the code.

Ahhh so sorry, I didn't pick any nor checked the code.

It's okay!

Just keep it in mind the next time you see anything!

You could always put up any bred eggs you got too! - You can find the time you bred them on your action page.

6:00PM - Saw a Lumina (otwlj) and a Dark Lumina (fei73) sitting right next to each other in the Jungle. Kinda weird to see. Codes are caps messed.

I just bred 15 of the dark ones. Got them in before the moon phase change. Now to enter them all on the form. blink.gif

I do not enter the egg that i posted at the 4th to the sheet, because i never ever had to use something like that. It confuses me. wacko.gif

We do have new moon phases that started on the 5th at 8:00 PM, I presume, but I don't know how long they will last.

Moon Phases

Aurax (Golden moon) Waxing gibbous

Cirion (Blue moon) New

I've seen about 20 Dark Luminas in biomes today and added them to the spreadsheet. I haven't spotted any Light one.

We do have new moon phases that started on the 5th at 8:00 PM, I presume, but I don't know how long they will last.

Gosh. You are right! So sorry!

I'm really off my game!

So, let me post the current and upcoming phase change:

(Note: EDT/DC = Eastern Daylight Savings/ Dragon Cave Time)

Moon phases for 8:00 PM EDT/DC, October 5, 2016 to 7:59 PM EDT/DC, October 6, 2016:

Moon Phases

Cirion (Blue moon) New

Moon phases for 8:00 PM EDT/DC, October 6, 2016 to 7:59 PM EDT/DC, October 9, 2016:

Moon Phases

Cirion (Blue moon) Waxing Crescent

Please use these phases for any eggs sighted, caught, or bred during these times.

---

Also, thank you to all off you that have added to the sheet!

there's currently a light one in the volcano, gfghn, and a dark one in the desert, vbalo (caps messed)

Why haven't we cracked this mystery yet sad.gif

I just input two dark lumina eggs I bred.

So annoying because I need a lumina from one of my pairings T_T