dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

I finished entering all of the parent's biomes. I am so glad I didn't record all 400+ lumina breedings.  That would have taken forever.

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

It probably would have!

Maybe you need a spreadsheet of your own just for your Luminas? You have A LOT to keep track of.

Still thank you so much!

DL seen in desert at 3:19 AM code FTAQW (capped).

Thank you thomasgold19 for your help! biggrin.gif

Just saw a Dark Lumina at the Volcano biome (12:03 pm) and one in the Desert (12:07 pm), messed caps CjgHi/mfPwa.

12:15AM - Lots of Dark Luminas in the biomes, all caps messed.

Alpine - 4FKWZ

Coast - cmych and li4rp

Desert - wtbgl and gy3up

Volcano - obht9

Added to the spreadsheet!

Will add more later.

Edit:

zomni - dark in desert @ 12:48AM

d88rr - dark in forest @ 12:48AM

9ddqt - dark in alpine @ 12:56AM

egcfn - dark in coast @ 12:56AM

ulffl - dark in alpine @ 1AM

fRgac - dark in desert @ 1AM

ziizq - dark in desert @ 1AM

zzloh - dark in volcano @1AM

3ziln - dark in coast @ 1:19AM

0dpt3 - dark in forest @ 1:19AM

qqq0j - dark in volcano @ 1:20AM

yhqdF - dark in alpine @ 1:20AM

v5lvx - dark in coast @ 1:21AM

dnh7j - dark in desert @ 1:21AM

gosbt - dark in jungle @ 1:22AM

Added more data to the sheet.

Any more eggs?

Edited by Shokomon

Bred my Luminas, seems we're still in Dark Lumina territory.

Lumina (Forest) x Lunar Herald (Bred) = Dark Lumina

Lumina (Bred) x Whiptail (Bred) = Dark Lumina

Lumina (Bred) x Storm (Bred) = Dark Lumina

Lumina (Bred) x Swallowtail (Forest) = Dark Lumina

Lumina (Bred) x Black (Bred) = Dark Lumina

Waterhorse (Coast) x Dark Lumina (Coast) = Dark Lumina

No interest x2

Refusal x1 (Grr!)

I just entered 3 eggs that I bred this morning -- all dark -- with codes messed because I abandoned them.

It appears that we have new moon phases:

Moon Phases

Aurax (Golden moon) Waning crescent

Cirion (Blue moon) Waxing crescent

Opps, you are correct! I forgot to announce it. I apologize.

The Moon phases changed at 8 PM Dragon Cave/Eastern Daylight Savings Time on September 20, 2016.

Phase are now:

I just entered 3 eggs that I bred this morning -- all dark -- with codes messed because I abandoned them.

It appears that we have new moon phases:

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) Waning crescent

CIRION (BLUE MOON) Waxing crescent

Please use these phases for eggs sighted, bred, or caught on or after 8pm Cave time on Sept 20, 2016.

Any more eggs?

Any more eggs?

One I just bred - dark - which I've logged with messed caps, as I didn't keep it. smile.gif Wish I could work out how to guarantee a proper lumina, this is messing with an already complex lineage so badly!

u34eo - dark in coast @ 11:27PM

80rc9 - dark in coast @ 11:27PM

cbdtn - dark in volcano @ 11:28PM

ckphz - dark in alpine @ 11:31PM

a2elr - dark in forest @ 11:32PM

tpc9z - dark in desert@ 11:35PM

1xows - dark in volcano @ 11:36PM

ol1p1 - dark in desert @ 11:39PM

zza2d - dark in volcano @ 11:39PM

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Hey, I don't know if this is any new information, but I didn't see anything like it.

I got a Dark Lumina from breeding a male Yellow-Crowned Dragon and a female Lumina Dragon, which are both Light affinity. The Dark Lumina was born on September 16th of this year, but I'm unsure what time it was (morning or night) or if there was any moon phase involved.

Here it is: https://dragcave.net/view/oh7lk

Here's its lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/oh7lk

I'm also offering it up for a one-sided trade, if anyone would like it: http://dragcave.net/teleport/27463c141937d...202462bf6e0d74e

I'm also offering it up for a one-sided trade, if anyone would like it: http://dragcave.net/teleport/27463c141937d...202462bf6e0d74e

Thank you for this! Yes, it seems that elemental affinity of the parents don't matter too much. There are several light x light pairs on the spreadsheet which produced dark. On September 16, Aurax was waning gibbous, and Cirion was waning crescent, and there are two dark luminae on the sheet that date. smile.gif

No eggs for today?

Also, it has officially been a month since the release. I'll post the month's worth of data and ask what you guys think.

One I just bred - dark - which I've logged with messed caps, as I didn't keep it. smile.gif Wish I could work out how to guarantee a proper lumina, this is messing with an already complex lineage so badly!

Did you bred the egg at 10:27pm on 9/21/2016? If so, are the Lumina parents both Bred dragons?

Because Bred Dragons get automatically placed in the "Cave" Biome, and I noticed for this egg the parents' biomes were left as N/A.

I wish I could figure it out as well. So far. I got nothing.

Hey, I don't know if this is any new information, but I didn't see anything like it.

I got a Dark Lumina from breeding a male Yellow-Crowned Dragon and a female Lumina Dragon, which are both Light affinity. The Dark Lumina was born on September 16th of this year, but I'm unsure what time it was (morning or night) or if there was any moon phase involved.

Here it is: https://dragcave.net/view/oh7lk

Here's its lineage: https://dragcave.net/lineage/oh7lk

You can always check your action long for exact time you bred your dragons!

If you could look at it, could you put down the time for me to put into the spreadsheet as well?

Note!

The lunar phases changed today at 8 pm EDT/DC Time!

Current phases are now:

Moon Phases

Aurax (Golden moon) Waning crescent

Cirion (Blue moon) Waxing gibbous

Please use these phases for any eggs sighted, caught, or bred on or after 8 pm Cave time on Friday' September 23, 2016.

But breeding still seems to yield Dark Luminas overwhelmingly. Perhaps it is just the ratios catching up? I just bred 5 pairs and got 4 dark Luminas and one no interest. I am too tired to see straight right now, but will add them to the spreadsheet in the morning.

Edit: All entered. Caps messed since they were abandoned.

Edited by purplehaze

Seems like a pretty safe assumption at this point that they're tied to the moon phases.

Yeah, at least the cave drops are. I wonder if breeding Light/Dark percentages will change once the algorithm balances Dark Luminas to its satisfaction?

Well if the belief is ratios still need to catch up, I have 480 luminas I can breed again to assist in the ratios. I wouldn't be recording them in the log though, that took far too long.

I have 480 luminas I can breed again to assist in the ratios. I wouldn't be recording them in the log though, that took far too long.

Could you make your own personal log of the results and then share your findings here?

Well if the belief is ratios still need to catch up, I have 480 luminas I can breed again to assist in the ratios.  I wouldn't be recording them in the log though, that took far too long.

Are you going to breed them all at once again? Or some a week?

And maybe would a sheet for yourself help you?

Maybe I could make a copy and put your luminas on there for you to use. It would take a bit though.

Though with this new release, I don't think anyone is catching or breeding Luminae at the moment.

So...

Anyone see any eggs?

Are you going to breed them all at once again? Or some a week?

And maybe would a sheet for yourself help you?

Maybe I could make a copy and put your luminas on there for you to use. It would take a bit though.

Though with this new release, I don't think anyone is catching or breeding Luminae at the moment.

So...

Anyone see any eggs?

I plan to breed some a week, but I'm going to wait until Thursday for that. As for a separate sheet, I can make that for the lumina I will be breeding regularly since I know which those will be. In regards to the breeding the whole hoard, I am open to do that if you think it will have any effect on the ratios, but if I breed the hoard I don't plan to record them as that would extend the duration considerably.

I bred 2 Dark Lumina eggs yesterday, I'll find the data in the action log and add them. (edit: done)

but omg we still don't know how all the Luminas work, really? xd.png

Edited by VixenDra

Weren't you going to make up graphs with a month's worth of data to see if there's a visible pattern?

I'd suggest one graph based on each moon (combining data for each phase that was duplicated), and one based on the combination of both moons, since there has been quite a bit of speculation that it is moon related.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Yes!

I have some of the graphs saved already.

It's just been really hectic.

Edit: Formatting errors.

Edited by Shokomon

Breeding my Luminas again because I can.

Lumina x Electric = Lumina

Whiptail x Lumina = Lumina

Wrong species x2 (a Swallowtail and a Nhiostrife)

No egg/interest x6

Only one of my Dark Luminas produced, and it produced the other dragon's species. Huh.