dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

For the Google Spreadsheet, please put your best estimate for the time of the catching and breeding using the Dragon Cave Clock.

I want to use a formula to caculate the number of Luminas relative to time of day, but I don't know if everone was using the Dragon cave clock.

If your theme doesn't have a clock, Dragon Cave Time lines up with the Eastern time zone in the US. Currently, it's daylight savings there, so the standard time is UTC - 4:00.

You can use this site, Time and Date.com to see what time it is on the East Coast relative to your time zone. (Specifically, it's set to New York, USA.)

Edit: Also, some of the times have "ca." in front of them. What does that mean?

Adding that you can check your action log for bred dragons to eliminate the need for the circa.

if these are in time with the new moon because well they're dark and the new moon is dark then we would have to wait 3-4 more days till the first of next month to see

After getting Light Lumina eggs I got a Dark Lumina egg again, this time from Nebula x Dark Lumina. I put it in the spreadsheet.

Today at 4:36p bred Dark Lumina X Shadow Walker = Dark Lumina

Added it to the Google Spreadsheet

Adding that you can check your action log for bred dragons to eliminate the need for the circa.

OH! That's right, the action log. Ah ha ha. Ha... I've fixed the times.

Can you screenshot what you are seeing? Because AoD and Dark Lumina eggs look similar.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

http://dragcave.net/lineage/XUR0b i dont know if this is my computer glitching or not but this appears to be a dark lumina from thunder and gon

Oh, that is not a Dark Lumina. That is an Avatar of Destruction.

user posted imageAvatar of Destruction

user posted image Dark Lumina

They look very similar though. It is easy to confuse them.

Edit: Oh, ninja.gif'd. Oh well.

Edited by Shokomon

12:06 AM cave time, 29 AUG:

user posted image

Male turpentine x female (light) lumina = (light) lumina egg.

Edited to add:

At 12:04 AM cave time, 29 AUG:

Male ice x female (light) lumina = dark lumina egg.

I haven't been following this very closely, and the normal lumina egg surprised me so much that I almost forgot about the dark lumina bred 2 minutes earlier. Both have been added to the spreadsheet listed above.

Edited by silverthornsilvergirl

Aug 29, 1 AM cave time, dark lumina from dark lumina x black marrow

https://dragcave.net/lineage/fpyD7

But I don't think data this soon after the release should end up counting for much. The pattern will be there, but it will be blurred a lot by how hard the ratios are pushing dark luminas.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Breeding to AP:

Stats:

Total normal lumina bred: 9

Result:

1 dark (x watehorse)

1 dark (x albino)

1 dark (x autumn)

1 dark (x antarean) - JUST WOW I think this is first time I got anything non-antarean from antarean

1 dark (x bronze shimmer)

1 dark (x red)

others were no interest. Not a single normal lumina egg produced.

Action log:

Bred (rcdGm) with (HUKTf). Aug 29, 2016, 02:38 am

Bred (SCX8i) with Merry Luminar. Aug 29, 2016, 02:38 am

Bred lumfem with Wrapping Lumisher. Aug 29, 2016, 02:38 am

Bred lummale with Relic B r o n z e. Aug 29, 2016, 02:37 am

Bred lumifem2 with (I178p). Aug 29, 2016, 02:37 am

Bred lumimale1 with (JI3Y8). Aug 29, 2016, 02:36 am

Bred lumifem with Kamisama Hajime. Aug 29, 2016, 02:36 am

Bred (GRx65) with Xanseye Magnum. Aug 29, 2016, 02:36 am

Bred (ohQsG) with Esfor. Aug 29, 2016, 02:35 am

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Just bred a dark lumina from dark lumina x turp.

lineage link. Yes, dark luminas do shed - and look just like light luminas under their scales. smile.gif

I keep staring at the spreadsheet, but I still don't see a pattern. blink.gif

Maybe there are several parameters involved? Like moon phase + time of day + biome etc.

Although I must admit I hope it's not that complicated...

Well, if you look at the Egg Count area, there are more D. Luminas born at night in proportion to Luminas.

Though, a part of it might be because this is a new release and the flood of D. Lumina is probably still going. People might also be breeding more at night.

It may be a month or so before we have enough data to really say something.

A study usually want 200+ participants for the study to have more power. We may need at least that many eggs.

Edit: I hope it's not that complicated either.

Edited by Shokomon

Does anyone save the spreadsheet regularly? There's been trouble with public spreadsheets before.

You'd think the bred offspring would adhere to the same pattern the cave would, but more darks are being bred and I'm seeing nothing but lights in the cave for the past few days. >..<

You'd think the bred offspring would adhere to the same pattern the cave would, but more darks are being bred and I'm seeing nothing but lights in the cave for the past few days. >..<

This is going to sound stupid but what if the bred and cb ratios for this dragon are connected? So the fact that a bunch are being bred means the cb are basically nonexistent?

This is going to sound stupid but what if the bred and cb ratios for this dragon are connected? So the fact that a bunch are being bred means the cb are basically nonexistent?

Because that would essentially make dark/light random for normal-user purposes, with no way to try to breed one or the other. If that were the case, there'd be no point in the spriter telling us we'd need to figure it out.

Also, while a lot of people assumed that bred/CB ratios were disconnected from one another, the post that people inferred that from doesn't really say that. So we don't have real confirmation from TJ that the two aren't connected anyway. I don't know how to find the post, though, so if someone can dig it back up that'd be great. >..<

Because that would essentially make dark/light random for normal-user purposes, with no way to try to breed one or the other. If that were the case, there'd be no point in the spriter telling us we'd need to figure it out.

Also, while a lot of people assumed that bred/CB ratios were disconnected from one another, the post that people inferred that from doesn't really say that. So we don't have real confirmation from TJ that the two aren't connected anyway. I don't know how to find the post, though, so if someone can dig it back up that'd be great. >..<

From my own experience, they most definitely are connected, at least loosely. But remember with the Cave, you not only have to look at the ratios of the target breed.... but everything ELSE in that Biome. So if something (or lots of somethings) are lot more common.... they'll block the less-common egg from showing up, creating what appears to be a difference between the Biome and breeding. And yep, that post of TJ's most definitely didn't say what they were thinking it said....

As for Lumina Theories.... I'm still stumped. tongue.gif

Cheers!

C4.