Fortune86

Mistakes You've Made In Games

I was playing UnEpic and getting to the second boss... was difficult.

I finally managed to get to the second boss, managed to kill it. Forgot I could teleport back to the Save Point and tried to jump the ledges and died.

I had to do it all over again.

I confess. I came thiiiiiiiiiis close to rage quitting.

Edited by Kanaye

Ran through all of the Borderlands quests in both playthroughs without waiting to level up. As a result, I missed out on getting higher level loot.

BioShock -- first playthrough, harvested the first several Little Sisters before rescuing the rest. Ended up with Tenenbaum telling me what a good person I was for the second half of the game, only to get the bad ending and be crowned the Worst Person Ever.

Tend to be really inefficient with getting coins and such for both Danganronpa games. I'm fine with getting through the story, but it put me at a real disadvantage for achievement farming. Also was only one page away from finishing someone's report card right before they died. :[

I followed the "advice" of the people on the Gamefaq's Fire Emblem Echoes forum on promoting my characters as soon as they got that Mila icon next to their level number. They said the game was going to be different from the usual "level up to 20 before promotion." That was my bad mistake as the characters are nowhere good for the Thabes Labyrinth I wanted to beat. I should have bought the experience DLC and grind them to their max level before promoting them. Stupid liars!

Vampire The Masquerade Fails:

-Insulting Nines Rodriguez repeatedly by accident because of the Malkavian gimmick of talking in random things. I forgot to save before I spoke with him, so I had to reset and restart my previous quest that I had only just finished

-Smacking Bertram Tung when I forgot how to talk to people because I hadn't played the game in two months. It turns out hitting him leads to him chasing you down and killing you (Death)

-Diving into the boiling water in the Nosferatu Warrens (Almost Death)

-Trying to take on one of Andrei's flesh abominations, without good armour and disciplines (Death)

-Getting so excited about finally being close to killing Ming Xiao that I forgot cutting off her tentacles and not dealing with the tiny horrors that spawn from them lead to another giant full strength Ming Xiao. (Death)

-Trying to fight the Werewolf (Death)

-Finally deciding to run from the werewolf, but forgetting where the entry to the observatory was. (Death)

-Wasting my flamethrower ammunition at the beginning of the "Hallowbrook Hell" mission (Repeated death)

-Forgetting to come back to areas to finish quests

-Using all of my bloodpacks on "Ming Must Die" when I was broke and still had to finish "Royal Flush". (Almost Death)

-Getting lost for FORTY MINUTES on the tutorial quest because I didn't realise the door that Jake the Pirate Dog was saying I should go through was directly behind him. 

-Sparing all of Grout's ghouls really bit me in the butt when they all caught fire and I had forgotten to buy Shotgun ammo for my ranged character (Death on Second Playthrough.)

Pokemon Fails:

SoS Chaining for two days only to have my battery die while riding the train

Resetting for an hour trying to get a female starter, only to give up.

Nearly immediately after I find a female of a Pokemon I wanted male. Zorua. Had to catch it because low gender rates, but still.

I keep accidentally shooting innocent people on Red Dead Redemption and then hurriedly have to quit the game and restart so I don't have that transgression marked forever on my game. I'm sorry John -.-

Edited by Dorchet

Biggest mistake ever: Introducing my daughter to the Mario Kart series. Because by now, she seriously wipes the floor with me. :/

A looong time ago, Final Fantasy 8: During one of my play-throughs, I actually did what the offical guide suggested and waited until level 20+ before taking on the GF/boss Diabolos. Very, very bad idea. If you take him on ASAP, he's pretty weak, easy to fight and it's moderately easy to get that powerful spell from him. If you wait, he gets much, much more powerful and, well, drawing that spell from him is almost a guarantee for suicide. :D

Edited by olympe

In an MMORPG, don't go into an area that requires a key for access without that key. Whichever other player is "letting you" into such an area will likely close the door and watch as you get surrounded by enemies and killed, to loot you afterwards.

Taught my brother to play Marth, when I'm a Roy main in Melee. That's an awkward matchup.

Biggest fail was probably thinking I would be able to pull off the Crazy Gadget speedrun skip in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle. I was trying to do a runthrough of the Hero story while skipping Sonic's power ups, and well.. that was the only way- needless to say, I couldn't do it.

First playthrough in RPGs is usally i am nice and try to be a good person in that world, like going full on paragon in Mass Effect. Being polite and trying to find the third way without innocent NPCs dying because on the front it tells me that i can't rescue everyone. ;)

So i replayed Shadowrun Returns Hong Kong and missed an achievement for my i-am-most-of-the-time-a-selfish-greedy-person. I should have killed those NPCs. It was early in that game and the only reason must be that i still had not adapted to that mindset for that character. NPC told me to not kill and i don't killled... I am so close to get all the achievements. But i am planning another playthrough and this time i will not forget it, although that means another selfish-greedy character. Just now that i look back it does not feel like i played that character right at that particular time of the story.

I've simply lost track of the mistakes I've made in games, ranging from failing to save when playing Castlevania Curse of Darkness for the Xbox (a beautiful classic that honestly makes the newer castlevanias look even more garbage than they already seem), losing track of how many lives I had in X-Kalibur 2097 for the SNES (A sidescrolling fighting game), forgetting to save in Etrian Odyssey and losing the progress of SEVERAL DUNGEON MAPS, and even forgetting to save while playing the original Shin Megami Tensei Devil Summoner games. Actually a lot of my problems in gaming stem from forgetting to save. >_> 

I misclicked a button for a jump and missed a chance to get to the other side. 

In mario kart, when i gave my friend the joy stick and started to beat me in racing. 

I was playing Skyrim and got bored, so I went werewolf and went on a killing spree... I ended up restarting, I messed up everything lol.

Sometimes, I use the wrong subclass in Destiny/Destiny 2. It makes me grieves everytime because I switch in between characters and forget to change it. -facepalm-

Grown a noticeable affection for the criminal gangs in Red Dead Redemption. Now I hate having to fight them in story missions and during world encounters because the characters are more than just the "bad guys" to me now. Then again, the characters are actually very interesting for being very minor characters in the game individually.