Moonlight_Eevee

Out of The Shadows OOC

Here you can put your character sheets and discussion for the RP here

The RP can be found: Here

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

(Bounces.) Ooo, I've wanted to play Articuno for a while, but most Pokemon RPs don't allow Legendaries without a good reason. o: I would love to reserve a spot! Though I do have some questions...

-If two Pokemon battle, would it be like an actual battle in the games? Or can we make it more story-like?

-I'm not sure if Cipher are the ones tracking down the escaped Legendaries to bring them back for testing, or if they're trying to lead the Pokemon to Celebi? It sounds like the former, but I thought I would double-check.

-How exactly does Darkness Mode work? Does the Pokemon's type/moves/etc. change to Dark, like it's a Dark type equivalent of that Pokemon? Or is just a rampage mode where you go berserk?

-Do the escaping Legendaries have any leads on how to find Celebi? Do we start out in the labs, while escaping from the humans, or are we free to improvise?

-Are there other human settlements that we might run into, possibly friendly ones? Or is it just wilderness? And are "lesser" wild Pokemon still relevant at all (like they can help you, become companions, etc.)?

-Is it fine for me to join even though I've only played Pokemon Blue? xd.png I'll be using Bulbapedia in order to gather relevant information for Articuno, but... I might be a little ditzy, especially since this would be my first Pokemon RP... and unfortunately it's been forever since I've played Blue, so I hardly remember how Articuno levels either...

(Bounces.) Ooo, I've wanted to play Articuno for a while, but most Pokemon RPs don't allow Legendaries without a good reason. o: I would love to reserve a spot! Though I do have some questions...

-If two Pokemon battle, would it be like an actual battle in the games? Or can we make it more story-like?

-I'm not sure if Cipher are the ones tracking down the escaped Legendaries to bring them back for testing, or if they're trying to lead the Pokemon to Celebi? It sounds like the former, but I thought I would double-check.

-How exactly does Darkness Mode work? Does the Pokemon's type/moves/etc. change to Dark, like it's a Dark type equivalent of that Pokemon? Or is just a rampage mode where you go berserk?

-Do the escaping Legendaries have any leads on how to find Celebi? Do we start out in the labs, while escaping from the humans, or are we free to improvise?

-Are there other human settlements that we might run into, possibly friendly ones? Or is it just wilderness? And are "lesser" wild Pokemon still relevant at all (like they can help you, become companions, etc.)?

-Is it fine for me to join even though I've only played Pokemon Blue? xd.png I'll be using Bulbapedia in order to gather relevant information for Articuno, but... I might be a little ditzy, especially since this would be my first Pokemon RP... and unfortunately it's been forever since I've played Blue, so I hardly remember how Articuno levels either...

I'll reserve Articuno and Reshiram then.

As for your questions.

1. It would be a made up one unless the people from Cipher are involved. Then it would be more like the ones games/anime.

2. Cipher is going to tracking you down to get you under control. They were trying to get to the point where Celebi had no choice but to come out of hiding and try to help them.

3. Darkness Mode is when a Pokémon goes berserk. In this mode, they don't care who they attack. Seeing how you only played Gen 1, there were two games that came out on the GameCube called Pokémon Coliseum and Pokemon Xtra D: Gale of Darkness. In both games the player had what was called a Snag Machine which allowed you to catch Shadow Pokemon. In Coliseum, they entered Hyper Mode and Gale, they entered Reverse Mode which hit them. Like with the two games, in Darkness Mode the power of the Shadow Moves go up. I'll explain Shadow Moves in just a moment.

4/5. We're going to start off in the labs and escape in the first couple of posts. From there, we're going find different Pokemon who used to be Shadow Pokemon that were purified. If you want me to, I can make a list of Pokemon who want to travel with the legendaries to help them out.

6. Sure, that's quite alright. One thing about Shadow Pokemon, they can't level up. They are stuck at being one level so if Yveltal was at level 30, she wouldn't be able toevel up at all cause her heart is closed. She would gain the exp when her heart opens completely.

As for Shadow Moves: these types attacks are different from normal moves. They have no type, they have no power and they have unlimited PP. Shadow Moves are stronger against non shadow Pokémon and sort of weak against other Shadow Pokemon. Once their hearts open completely, the shadow moves will be replaced with normal moves.

Ah, okay! Partially glad about not being able to level; less for me to keep track of. xd.png I think I understand everything now, though I should have asked beforehand, are the Shadow Moves Dark-type moves, or are they typeless versions of the moves the Legendary would normally have? (So if I gave my Articuno Ice Beam, would it just be an energy beam with no ice effects, or could I not use Ice Beam and would instead have something like Thief or Torment?)

I'll also put my sheet together soon; I might be a bit slow though since I'm researching all of this stuff to make sure I'm caught up with everything the new generations added. :'D (I'm presuming we'll be acting like it's the latest generation, anyway, since you listed all of the Legendaries from what I can tell.)

EDIT: Hahah, oops, I just realized that Shadow moves are actually a thing. xd.png Ignore that last question.

Edited by skwerl56767

Ice Beam Would Be Replaced with Shadow Chill (I dont remember it being called that blink.gif) since your character is a shadow Pokémon. If you have more questions:

Shadow Move List

That's just what they have in that game. I'm going to expand the Shadow Moves/Attacks since they have not really made another game concerning Cipher and the Shadow Pokémon.

Username: Dusky_Flareon

Name: Taint (real name: Shiro)

Legendary: Reshiram

Appearance: Similar to normal Reshiram, but she has a dark taint to her fur. This results in it looking white under direct white but the shadows being darker indigo-grey the darker they get. Eyes are are redvwith brighter red where her normal eyes would be blue with black.

Personality:

Normal- Taint has a massive just streak. She has very strong views about right and wrong. Traitors she will viciously attack, even kill. She is very protective and defensive of the weak. Taint has a weakness for spicy food. She has anger issues as well.

Darkness Mode- Vicious and nightmarish, her anger issues are amplified a thousandfold.

History: She was one of the Tao Dragons who split from the original thousands of years ago and warrwd in Univa. She was sealed for thousands of years, until N Harmonia released her. After Zekrom defeated her and N, the duo travelled until N released her one day to join a new hero... and that was when Cipher caught her.

Nature: Lonely

Moves: Shadow Fire, Shadow Wave, Shadow Sky, Shadow Flare (100 base damage, 100 accuracy, 5PP, special, powered up if Shadow Bolt (Shadow Zekrom's version of Fusion Bolt) has been used on Shadow Reshiram. Basically Shadow version of Fusion Flare.)

Other: Level 70+ (level as of N fight in B2W2)

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Hey, Raptor! Cool to see you running your own RP. I have a couple questions...

1. Would having Lugia as your legendary be acceptable? I know it's a major part of xd.png. I really love Lugia, and I'd love to have the opportunity to play as it. I just saw the list of Legendaries.

2. If so, would it have to be named XD001? I'd assume not, if it was a different Lugia than the one who gets turned "Xtra Dark" in the game.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Lugia is always welcome, it doesn't have to be XD001 if you don't want it to be. I'll reserve Lugia for you then.

Lugia is always welcome, it doesn't have to be XD001 if you don't want it to be. I'll reserve Lugia for you then.

Yay~ Filling out my form now.

Hm, sounds interesting. Alright then. I would like to reserve Zekrom and Rayquaza, please

Alright, reserving Rayquaza and Zekrom

Before posting, I would like to know if Rayquaza could be shiny? I normally wouldn't ask this, but shiny Rayquaza in the games is all black, and with the Shadow stuff, it kind of makes sense? Maybe?

If it's a really good reason, then yes. I will accept that

Username: Sugar-Free

Name: Soren

Legendary: Lugia

Appearance: Soren’s blue eye-and-back fins are a darker navy blue than normal. They have small notches near the front of each. His fur/feathers/down are mussed and lacking their silver sheen, a result of mistreatment and lack of personal hygiene. His scleras are black and the irises are yellow. On his shoulders are two metallic Limiters embedded in the skin.

Personality: Soren is highly reclusive. While not unkindly to those around him, he does not consider himself a worthy part of any friend group, and grows anxious and irritable and often excuses himself. His time with Cipher has made him fussy to being touched, and he often forgets his own upkeep (preening and other grooming), deeming it unnecessary or too much work. He desperately desires a friend to talk to and grow close with, but shields them away with feigned disinterest or self-deprecation. He fears hurting his fellow Pokemon not only with his personality, but with his immense strength.

History: Before his capture, Soren dwelled peacefully in the depths of the Whirl Islands. Occasionally coming up throughout the course of history to quell the fervor of the Three Birds, he has mostly slept and waded through the ocean, losing himself in the beauty of labyrinths and coral caves, the muted sound of the distant tide.

Up until Cipher’s involvement, Soren had little experience with the world above, as he knew it was his duty to preserve humanity and let rest his powerful wings under the waves. He would often dream of sunsets over strange lands, filled with tall brown corals with green fish swimming interconnected, of tiny anemones that did not sting the flesh, gathered in friendly bunches around the caves of humans. He wanted to connect with the fleshy folks that worshipped him as a sort of deity—not for their devotions, but for a chance at kinship. Many centuries would pass, until unfortunately, Soren would see this day come.

As he surfaced to watch the moon rise and the stars peek out from the darkness. As he bathed in the glory and somberness of solitude, the whine of some aircraft he was not familiar with whizzed by, and a sharp noise of a hydraulic machine firing startled him. As he turned in the water to follow the craft, a piercing and unbearable pain punctured his shoulders, rendering his wings numb and lame. As he flailed in the water, relying on his fat alone for buoyancy, another dart (this one he saw) marked his flank. Slowly, his vision blurred and his movements became separate from his perceptions...

Nature: Modest

Moves: Shadow Blast, Shadow Panic, Shadow Storm, Shadow Down

Other: The Limiters on Soren’s wings act not only as a means to dampen his building-destroying wing flaps, but to encourage strengthening in those limbs that, when the Limiters are taken off, could cause destruction on an unthinkable level.

(I went overboard, hope it's okay :3)

Edited by Sugar-Free

Well, considering the amount of Pokken Tournament I just played, I may as well try.

Username: DarkShinyLugia

Name: Aquamarine

Legendary: Suicune

Appearance: The crystal on her head has only gotten slightly darker. Most of her fur has turned a very deep and less saturated blue, with the spots turning black. The purple cloud itself turned white. The "north wind tendrils" are now gray, with a notch on the end.

Personality: Honestly, she's gonna cling to any friends she somehow manages to make. This Suicune would rather not be alone in all this.

Aqua no longer has the ability to purify polluted water, which causes her to avoid such water for fear of actually managing to make it worse. And even if it's not polluted, there's always the chance that it'd still pollute anyway.

History: Aquamarine used to be on fairly good terms with humanity. She never took food from their hands, of course. It would have been a bit degrading.

But Aqua would help them by purifying water. It was mostly to just help the Pokemon that were going to drink it, but being on good terms with humanity was generally a good thing, considering there were so many of them.

Aquamarine needed a break at some point, though. To go out and help wild Pokemon with their issues. Water is life, after all, and why should only human-owned Pokemon have life?

She'd left just in time, as Cipher had been at the area that this Suicune had normally gone to when she was doing her job. But that doesn't mean that Cipher wasn't prepared!

---

After a long day of running like the wind, Aquamarine got to her final lake of the night. She was getting tired, and needed to sleep soon. There were a lot of lakes to purify-

-Wait. This lake was purple. It had to be the absolute worst lake in existence. How did it even get this bad? Aqua would sigh, touching her nose down to the filthy water...

And she collapsed on the spot. Partially because of the exhaustion, and partially because of what was actually in the water. Aquamarine wouldn't see water again for an awfully long time.

Nature: Careful (+SpD, -SpA)

Moves: Shadow Hold, Shadow Chill (if not allowed because ingame it's exclusive to S. Articuno, Shadow Mist), Shadow Wave, Shadow Blitz

Other: Well, she can still walk on water, at least. But that's about the extent of it.

Both are accepted.

Anyone can start at anytime

I will accept Shadow Chill for Suicune as it gets replaced by Ice Beam in the game

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

o: I fall asleep and people join! Awesome!

All right, here's my sheet. Hope I did enough research, hah hah.

Username: skwerl56767

Name: Alpine

Legendary: Articuno

Appearance: Alpine doesn't look much different from any other Articuno, though her wings are on the large side, making them difficult to fold up and hide. She has some symbol etching in her ice wings from when she would grow bored and practice engraving with her beak, but most of it is now obscured due to no longer maintaining it, and having new ice form over the old designs. Her tail is also split up into three smaller ones. She has an engraving at the base of her forehead feathers that resembles a gem, but it's merely a circle and nothing fancy.

Personality: Alpine has a curiosity for new things, but the trait that comes through the most is her protective nature. She has a tendency to stick up for her friends, even though she isn't very good at it, especially when it comes to fighting with words; in an actual battle though, she always tries to do things that help her allies rather than herself. This often backfires and ends up with her fainting, and she has yet to learn that this isn't exactly the brightest idea, but she still persists. Alpine will also often end up in a partially-conscious daze, not being very mindful of what she's doing, and - usually - ending up hurting herself. She explains that it's just her "mind running away with her", but really, what sort of intense thinking would any Pokemon need to do?

History: Alpine has lived a sheltered life in the mountains, and has never explored anything beyond the Kanto region. At first her life didn't have anything going on in it, until she discovered the excitement of guiding travelers through a nearby mountain pass. The pass was home to her, but during strong blizzards people and their Pokemon would often end up lost inside the pass; at first the cries of lost creatures were an annoyance to her, but after guiding out her first lost travelers she found the task to be rather exciting, and as such it became part of her daily activities. Unfortunately though, she was ignorant of her rarity, and was never shy of appearing before strangers, which inevitably led to many more people purposefully going through the pass to see her. It was only a matter of time until her latest charges - several strange, murmuring people who carried Dark-type Pokemon - managed to corner her and knock her out. She had no clue just how much of a threat Cipher was.

Nature: Rash (+Sp. Attack, -Sp. Defense)

Moves: Shadow Chill (Replacement: Ice Beam), Shadow Sky (Replacement: Hail), Shadow Mist (Replacement: Tailwind), Shadow Blast (Replacement: Gust)

Other: Alpine will refer to the other two legendary birds - Zapdos and Moltres - as her "brothers" or "sisters", and other Legendaries as her "brethren". However, due to knowing nothing outside of Kanto, the only other Pokemon she knows (right now) as "brethren" are Mew and Mewtwo. She starts out stuck at level 50.

Yes Sugar-Free, I am still joining. I had hit Enter too soon because I am using a bigger keyboard and I haven't quite grown used to it yet. tongue.gif

EDIT: Apparently my image of Alpine is more different from Articuno than I thought. xd.png I modified her appearance slightly.

Edited by skwerl56767

You are excepted and I'll add your character sheet when I get home

Raptor, quick question: how do we indicate Darkness Mode? I think we're both trying to enter it right now.

Edited by Sugar-Free

What do you mean by indicated?

Isn't something we fall into and come out of? I know you said only one of us can be in it at a time.

Ah. Well, I said only one of us can be in Darkness Mode in battle. I never said anything outside of battling so... I would have to say multiple people can be on darkness mode outside of battling.

Or unless you guys only want it to be one at a time