halfsourpickle

Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir

Miraculous is a joint effort between France's Zagtoon and Japan's Toei Animation. So far it has one season of 26 episodes, and the second season is set to air this fall.

Plot summary from TVTropes:

The story is about Marinette Dupain-Cheng, a half-French, half-Chinese, junior high school (around 9th or 10th grade) girl living in Paris. Using a pair of earrings and the magic of her kwami (some alien pixie thing), Tikki, she has the power to become the superheroine Ladybug. Joining in her adventures is Chat Noir, whose secret identity happens to be Adrien, Marinette's crush. Like Ladybug, he gains his power from his companion Plagg. Ladybug and Cat Noir are pursued by the villainous Hawk Moth, who seeks to gather their Miraculouses (their transformation trinkets that give them their powers) to gain a godlike power. Hawkmoth corrupts normal people with akuma (evil butterflies), turning them into supervillains to do his bidding.

A huge fandom sprung up overnight after the

was released, and its gained even more attention for its detailed animation (you can see individual "seams" on the heroes' suits if you zoom in) and easily recognizable theme song.

The official French and Korean dubs have finished airing, while the English one is on Nickelodeon (I heard it was cancelled?). There are two groups on Tumblr that I know of who are putting subtitles on the dubs in several other languages: MLSubbing and MiraculouSubbing.

I'm just hoping there are other people who watch this show. I've sunk so deep into the fandom I made a 1x1 RP with my friend. Which you can find in the Freeforms section, of course. If you really want.

Ah, Miraculous Ladybug. Love its character designs and gorgeous animation. I can't say that I'm as horrifyingly obsessed with this fandom as you, but I'm definitely hyped for season 2! And yeah, come check out our 1x1 if you want (if it ever starts).