TJ09

2016-08-21 - August Release

I hope Aeons future insights are suggesting a BSA that would speedup a hatchling's growth (a kind of equivalent for Incubate for eggs) since that's the only thing left that has anything to do with the future:P

unelss it's about telling what gender the egg/S1 is going to be if not influenced?tongue.gif but well, the above would be much more useful and a nice reverse to Bolt's BSA...

Happy to see that the Dark Lumina have different poses than their light cousins. Really loving all of the new guys, a very nice assortment!

I also love how the roles are reversed: With Dark Luminas the females search for food (meat, instead of vegetation) while the males guard the territory.

Can it be assumed that Dark Luminas will also remove their scales after breeding?

Edited by Vrack

Oh, that Dark Lumina! It was worth waiting for! Love it. Can't wait now to see the male. The female is easily my favorite of this release so far.

Holy moses look at the black lumina. So majestic. It's an angel.. from hell. Or somethingl like that. I love it!!

O MY GOSH, They really are called Dark Luminas! Lol.

Also, the adults are so pretty!

Edit: As soon aa I saw the hatchlings, I started calling dark luminas. I didn't think that'd be the actual name though.

Edited by Shokomon

Aeons remind me of legendary pokemon. Particularly Yveltal.

Edited by andromedae

What a great release! Many thanks to everyone involved!

OMG, those Dark Luminas! I must get an army of them!

BTW, have we found out yet how the breeding works (in relation to regular Luminas)?

ETA: I like the new Pygmy as well, but somehow would have preferred the adult to look in the same direction as the hatchie.

Edited by walkinslow

The Aeon dragons are my favourites, omg they are gorgeous *_*.

BTW, have we found out yet how the breeding works (in relation to regular Luminas)?

It's been shown that normal Luminas can create Dark Luminas. It's also been assumed that Dark Luminas can create Luminas. However, this hasn't been tested so it may be untrue.

It's been shown that normal Luminas can create Dark Luminas. It's also been assumed that Dark Luminas can create Luminas. However, this hasn't been tested so it may be untrue.

Thank you. What I meant was: when I breed Luminas, how do I know whether I'll get a Lumina or a Dark Lumina? Season, time of day, moon phases, other?

So we have,

Kyanite

Kingcrownes

Dark Lumina

Almerald

and

Aeon.

What beautiful names and what beautiful Sprites. I love the new dragons. wub.gif I'm going to have a hard time remembering the names, however. xd.png

Thank you. What I meant was: when I breed Luminas, how do I know whether I'll get a Lumina or a Dark Lumina? Season, time of day, moon phases, other?

I believe earlier in the thread people were able to breed them during day as well as night so doesn't seem time of day related. Probably random luck like ridgewings.

@TJ: Could you please breed your adult Dark Lumina to an Albino or a Waterhorse or Turpentine, please? I wanna see it scale-less! xd.png I was never too fond of regular Luminas, but those black guys look really stunning. Looking forward to the other adult sprite.

Lovely new sprites, I'm especially fond of the new (regular) Eastern. And... Eastern pygmy, yay! biggrin.gif The Aeons look a bit futuristic, but I like them anyway. (Besides, their eggs were warning enough about that!) And, oh my, this Royal Sunsong Kingrown! Gorgeous!

Lovely new sprites and concepts, congrats and a big "thank you" to all people involved in their making!

@Piemaster: You really have a thing about minerals, don't you? wink.gif

Love the sprites!

And I was surprised, the ones that I didn't care for as eggs/hatchlings, I ended up liking most >.<

They're all lovely, but the Aeon, Almerald and Kingcrowne stick out as favorites, in particular, I liked the description and uniqueness of the Aeon.

Super excited to see mine mature now happy.gif

It's been untested cause no one has a grown up dark Lumina

Some thoughts on the Dark Luminas:

They aren't a new dragon.

The spirits were completed about three and a half years ago - waiting for the right moment.

They aren't alts.

Even though they share hatchling sprites, Dark Luminas are a cousin breed. As such their behavior is actually quite different than their light cousins. Where as the light Luminae are fairly nice, dark lumina will mess you right up.

Dark Luminas are intentionally sleeker.

They are also longer, faster, and smarter.

They are tamable but are a bit like monkeys - they can live with you for years but someday just snap. The younger you get them the less likely they will snap.

There has been some speculation about how breeding works.

I'm not going to revel how it works because that's no fun, but it's not simply luck - I'll say that much.

Edited by Corteo

Such gorgeous beauties! I know what to name my Aeon Wyvern now!

seeing all that is, all that has been, and all that could be

Sounds familiar to me. I might have to add another to my ' not all that glitters is gold' collection! wink.gif

I believe earlier in the thread people were able to breed them during day as well as night so doesn't seem time of day related. Probably random luck like ridgewings.

Thank you! Hm, this needs some more testing. smile.gif

ETA: Aha! Thanks, Corteo! I'm glad it's not random luck, where would be the fun in that? cool.gif

Edited by walkinslow

user posted image

i'm very tired

-

i love all these new dragons so much omg, thank you so much to all the spriters and i'll squee over them again in the morning <3