TJ09

2016-08-21 - August Release

Is it possible for a breed to be both a hybrid and available cave-born...?

It's not a hybrid by all evidence, it's an alt like the Tan ridgewings.

Edited by Guillotine

Although I had to abandon some self-bred eggs when the release hit, I can't say I'm sorry. The new eggs are gorgeous and I'm excited for the adults. So far I managed to grab a pair of dark Luminas, a pair of the magical eggs, one glossy eastern draon and a pair of time eggs (as well as an extra I gave to a friend who wasn't so lucky in hunting them). The 2nd glossy and the pair of Pygmies will have to wait smile.gif

Thank you TJ and spriters - I wasn't expecting a release after we already got an update this month so it was a pleasant surprise biggrin.gif

Woot woot caught one of each and two each of the dark luminas and time eggs because dimorphism. Sometimes it's awesome working night shift because ain't nobody around at 4:40 am.

I think the only thing TJ does is: 1) starts the eggs at 4 days instead of 7 days so they can hatch, but like with incubating it doesn't change that they are new and therefore need more views to hatch than a lower time egg would, and 2) keeps them alive/revives them if they die.

Hatching and gendering speed depends more on species-dependent factors (some breeds are harder to hatch/gender, as we've experienced) and which eggs/hatchies users are viewing/clicking (dragons may end up hundreds of clicks apart because a lot of users probably just click one of them to get a description). So I don't think TJ is forcing anything. He's posting the eggs and then letting them go. owo

Thank you for the information, Sock! ^^ You are always so helpful and I appreciate it.

I got my second new release egg, the green one. I wanted to catch another time egg but I could not resist the code of this one! https://dragcave.net/lineage/XYL0S

Thank you for the information, Sock! ^^ You are always so helpful and I appreciate it.

I got my second new release egg, the green one. I wanted to catch another time egg but I could not resist the code of this one! https://dragcave.net/lineage/XYL0S

Sounds so mystic, maybe it's a boy? xd.png

-

so the easterns are the green ones?

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I think the new pygmy might be Iolite- or Kyanite- something.

If I had to choose between my guesses, I'd go with Kyanite.

Kryptonite!! biggrin.gif

I can't believe I missed this ! Haven't missed a release day for the last... well, lots of them. I even visited my scroll and the forums yesterday, but the "August" didn't register as new with me, because of the "August Site Update" that had already been there all the time. blink.gif

That said - huzzah I got them all !! I'm so glad they are still dropping in such amounts !

And an Olympic release on the last day of the Olympic games (and even in synch with the "last weekend of the month" release tradition) - that's epic !! TJ, thank you so much, you did it again !! You really have a knack for making things special. smile.gif

It's great that you found five breeds to match the colours of the rings !

Now I can't wait to see the little ones grow up. The hatchies all look very promising ! The descriptions for most of them sound intriguing as well ! (The one from an egg with an "almost magical aura", the little wingless that reacts so positively to our presence and the one that makes time stutter. And the pygmy sounds cute.)

With the Luminas I guess they'll be a recolour, but that is a very interesting addition as well. I wonder if it will be a "Lumina at night", or indeed a variety of Luminas with light-absorbing scales, in contrast to the highly reflective white ones.

Edit: Now that I saw someone mention it - the pygmy didn't develop wings when gendering, so this one is probably going to be "extra special" as well.

Kryptonite!! biggrin.gif

laugh.gif Love that one - but then it would have to be green, wouldn't it ? wink.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

-

Yes, they definitely seem to be easterns!

Thank you to TJ and the Spriters for this release smile.gif

The hatchlings look great!

Ack! New release? I shouldn't be surprised, but I was not expecting it right now! I've managed to catch at least one of each egg except for that awesome red/bluish egg. Can anyone tell me where that one can be found?

ETA: nvm, Found it in the Alpine. wub.gif I love them all, but I think I love this one the most because its markings remind me of the Primal Kyorge and Groudon from ORAS. wub.gif

Edited by Syiren

Oh dear. I hope the new dark lumina evens out with the regular lumina in terms of ratios closer to the holidays. People like to ask for mates of the lumina/winter magi pairing. I think these will probably look good with enraged aegis dragons though or any of the Halloweens.

With the Luminas I guess they'll be a recolour, but that is a very interesting addition as well.

Interesting guess....

I'm really excited about this release - when will we have adults? I never can remember how long the wait is at this point

Interesting guess....

I'm really excited about this release - when will we have adults? I never can remember how long the wait is at this point

Looks like we still have two days (+ or - and hour or 2) to wait. TJ doesn't have hatchie incubate either, so his hatchies progress at the same rate as ours.

So, if normal Lumins can breed dark Lumins, does that mean that the results can be reversed as well?

So, if normal Lumins can breed dark Lumins, does that mean that the results can be reversed as well?

Probably so, once the ratios settle out a bit.

I can't find any time shifters. What are their descriptions? They were my favorite hatchies too >.<

"It’s almost like time is distorted around this egg"

They drop in Alpine and Forest smile.gif

Indeed! I influenced the egg to be male and I hope that it will gender correctly. happy.gif I really wonder what this dragon will turn out to be and if the code will end up to be appropriate! Either way, it is a nice name code. biggrin.gif

It seems that the green ones are eastern dragons and I am delighted to have more of this kind of dragon! ^^

Thanks TJ and Spriters for such a great release! happy.gif

Probably so, once the ratios settle out a bit.

That would be pretty awesome.

Edited by Syiren

Need-more-egg-slots...

*scrambles around in egg-lock*

hhhhhhhh I'm completely locked because of fogged to-be-zombobabies even though I only have five eggs. Kinda frustrating. :V

e: Ah, screw it, I'll just freeze one and go for a Time distortion egg.

Edited by Guillotine