Lionthrush

Whisper Meadows

Mist heard the voice of Zoey, and she was glad for the distraction. "All is good, Zoey! New animal... um.... animal... is that the right word?" She murmured the last words quietly so they wouldn't be heard.

"Oh?" Zoey asked. She walked over to where White Cat's voice came from before seeing a really terrifying cat thing. "Well, hello." She studied it. Was the cat a sabertooth tiger?

Leon returned the studying look with one of his own. Thylacoleo was never the largest predator out there, but this little thing... He wanted to describe it as 'cute'. It was so small.

"Hi," he said quietly, then jumped off his branch to plant all four paws on the ground. No longer gripping wood, his paws now kind of clutched at the leaf litter. "Y-you with the cat?"

"Yes, I am," Zoey said smiling at the saber tooth. "We have another, a wolf, though he might faint at the sight of you, so uh..." Zoey racked her brain, trying to think of a way to get Theo not run off or pass out. "You a relative to the sabertooth tiger then?"

As everyone could, she used her power to create wings on her back. She flew to find Theo, and tell him what was going on.

(Wings?? So that happened :'D)

"Not really, completely different creature" Leon answered, long teeth refusing to stay hidden once even the slightest smile appeared. "I don't think I'm even supposed to be this... but anyway, I seem to be a Thylacoleo." He scratched his neck fur - it was so soft and thick, like possum or kangaroo fur. "T. carnifex to be precise, the species actually shouldn't even exist any more." Inwardly, he noted to himself how odd this situation was.

"Name's Leon, by the way. And you are...?"

"My name is Zoey," Zoey responded. "I'm an otter since I really love the water." She gave Leon a smile. "There's a meadow with a pond that I usually swim in if you want to be shown around."

(Wings?? So that happened :'D)

"Not really, completely different creature" Leon answered, long teeth refusing to stay hidden once even the slightest smile appeared. "I don't think I'm even supposed to be this... but anyway, I seem to be a Thylacoleo." He scratched his neck fur - it was so soft and thick, like possum or kangaroo fur. "T. carnifex to be precise, the species actually shouldn't even exist any more." Inwardly, he noted to himself how odd this situation was.

"Name's Leon, by the way. And you are...?"

(Just made it up.)

(Figured!)

"Oh!" Leon finally decided to pace around a little - Zoey did not appear scared or nervous now. "I study evolution... is this why I ended up like this?" He frowned. "Why, though..?"

But he was not going to let this get him down. As far as he was concerned, he had retained his intelligence, the ability to speak, even had some sort of thumb so he could hold things. "Yeah," he agreed. "I haven't ventured from the trees since winding up here like this." Water was usually a pretty good magnet for prey, too.

Okie guys, you can talk all you want, but I'm sleeping. It's 9:31 where I am. First day of school tomorrow! Super exciting! Bye!

(night Lion)

Zoey nodded before leading Leon out of the woods and into the meadow. "It's really peaceful here," Zoey said. "We're under threat with the humans, I just wish they would leave us alone." Zoey felt a small breeze that made her feel good. This was her home. And she could swim and play all day long.

Out in the open like this, Leon could see far. His first reaction was just to admire the view, like most people would.

"Wait what humans threaten us?" The Thylacoleo's blunt face bore an expression of sudden concern. "I've never been threatened by people before, what do they want?"

Of course. He was no longer human. He was no more than a mere animal at the mercy of the most intelligent species on earth. As much as he'd interacted with animals before, it was clear that even the domesticated species barely had any language to communicate with their sapient overlords.

Except he could communicate with them. And Zoey. And the White Cat, and presumably Theo. "Why not ask to be left alone, like a formal request or something?"

"We're not normal animals," Zoey replied. "We have powers that normal animals don't. I can control water and I know Theo can control the earth." She smiled as she stared out at Whisper Meadows. "I'm not sure what power you would possess, but the humans will try to experimentment if we try to leave or if they figure a way in here."

Giving up on her search, Mist flew back to the others. But she saw something like little ants in a line, going into Whisper meadows, towards the pond. Only now did she find Theo, by the pond. She yowled at him, expecting him to immediately come to the correct conclusion that humans with their strange weapons were coming his way, and fly off.

Theo paused as he gulped down water. Running had made him thirsty but his tail tucked in between his legs as the White Cat yowled at him again. "Panic and run!" Theo whined before moving around the pond to run.

(I am curious, how can the humans trying to catch us not turn into animals?)

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

"Powers? You mean like this?" Leon held out an upturned paw, and within seconds the air surrounding his claws was heated. He promptly shook his paw to cool it off.

"I noticed this by accident, and then I found out I could control it. I could probably even start a fire with it, so it's a scary thing to have." Placing his paw back down, Leon lowered his head and took a quick sniff at the ground around his claws. There was a subtle smell of heated grass. "Sometimes when I get defensive, I burn whatever I'm standing on."

Great. So because he had something he didn't ask for, he was in trouble.

Mist saw Theo run towards the humans, by accident. She watched in horror as their pure black wolf-like dogs lowered their heads to the ground and revealed their frightening long teeth. The humans read the dogs body language, as Mist did with Leon. Great, now they know he's here. She thought sarcastically.

(It usually happens on the border lands, by a fence on the side of the meadows. Mist may transform some of them. Hopefully they turn out as mice.)

Because it seems no one has been posting, with both of your permission I will ask the mods to lock. Unless you want the post to stay up.