DuskOfTheStars

The Eternally Guilty Sun | OOC | Smash Bros RP

Well yeah, but then Valerie would interpretate the word "show" in her own way.

And her interpretation of a show IS having a battle, so...

(As I already said, she's a pretty famous fashion designer. What I haven't mentioned yet is that she makes dresses that look best when worn during a battle.)

Now I'm suddenly caught wondering how a battle between the two would go. He's not really one for sparring, but he's definitely no stranger to the front lines!

Oh man, I wonder if Zoey will ever ask to face Val? She IS a gym leader, after all (goin' ahead and getting that badge out of the way, yep yep)...and I want to see that Reuniclus in action against Sylveon! Aaaand, as a bonus, that'd give Soren an excuse to watch her without getting involved.

Extras 1 and 2: Just read that she was originally from Johto! How cool! And I was idly browsing Google for pics of her and holy carp, she's adorable~ I really do wonder how she can get around in such heavy clothing...? It's kinda hilarious, in comparison, since Soren's clothes probably only weighs around 5~8lbs (consisting of a collared longsleeve, the robe w/mantle, and the pants/boots)

The thing about her clothing was only mentioned once in gym freaks. Pokémon is known for occasionally screwing up science, like by saying grimer was created by X-rays from the moon, while X-rays can't pass through earth's atmosphere and as a result all X-rays on earth are artificial. I don't really count that mention of her dress's weight as having any significance, cuz i don't see how a dress that size would be that heavy.

And yeah, she's indeed originally from Jotho. Bird Keeper Toby has also made a video on a theory that she might be Bill's sister. (Bill, the person who created the Pokémon PC system, bill. Bill who accidentally turned himself into a Ratticate Bill. Bill who lives in the same town where the kimono girls reside Bill. The kimono girls are pretty keen on eeveelutions, and Valerie has Sylveon. The in-game name of the people who work for Valerie is "furisode girl", and a furisode is a kind of kimono.)

((Putting this here because I'll need it next week.))

Name: Ike

Universe: Fire Emblem (Radiant Dawn)

Species: Beorc (human)

Appearance: Link Here

Personality: Ike is well-known across his homeland for his kindness and amiability. Easygoing and quick to make friends, Ike is a highly sociable and warm person...if, albeit, lacking in tact at times. Raised by his father to be noble and accepting of all manner of people, he is respected and spoken fondly of by both the beorc and laguz.

He’s a very down-to-earth man, with a no-nonsense approach to everything concerning his life and his responsibilities. His rural upbringing can make him seem blunt to the point of unintentional rudeness, and he’s not afraid to voice his opinion, but he’s quick to retract any insensitivities with humbleness and understanding. Ike values the wisdom of those more experienced than himself, and he is willing to listen and learn about subjects that he is sorely uninformed on. His natural charisma and sense of camaraderie make him a born leader.

Ike dislikes ignorance and egoism, royal affairs, and childishness. He loves eating (especially meat and spicy foods), birds, and intelligence. He especially adulates the eloquence and intellect of his closest and best friend Soren, keeping him by his side at all times and trusting him with a great part of his management duties (including map-reading, sending letters, finances, tactics, army management, etc...)

In his history, he was remembered as "The Hero of Blue Flames"

Abilities/Weapons: Ike carries with him still the blessed blade Ragnell, twin of Alondite. The sword still brims with the flames of Chaos bestowed upon it by Yune, and is entirely impervious to wear. As it is the only weapon befitting of him, it is the only one he wields. Ragnell is capable of long-distance attacks by way of bursts of blue shockwaves. He also carries a three-pack Concoction (high single healing).

He also has a self-defense dagger on his thigh, mostly used for slicing fruit or whatnot.

Ike’s skills are (simplified for RP):

Aether: The combined skill of Sol and Luna. Once per battle, this unit deals two savage blows at once—the first draining life from the enemy, the second negating the enemy’s Defense.

Nihil: This unit cannot be harmed by special statuses (sleep, poison, etc.)

Divine Retribution: When this unit is first attacked, the enemy will take major counter damage.

Tomebreaker: Extra damage to magic entities.

Heavy Blade: Enemies struck by this unit may become paralyzed. Low health/low level enemies will be instantly killed.

Other: When Ike supports Soren, all of Ike's skills are boosted.

Edited by Sugar-Free

Uhhh, so, what panthers are where, again? According to my figuring, the statuses of the three are:

1. Slashed by Ganon, burned by Soren twice.

2. Attacked by Val and Ascension, slipped in before Trick Room.

3. Unharmed, slipped in before Trick Room

I just realized how overpowered Ganon is in Trick Room. He's basically slower than everyone else already, so now he's not only hitting hard... he's hitting fast.

A terrifying prospect.

Anyway, the last hit to Ganon's panther was by Soren, so it's up to you, man. I named the panther Karma. why did I name a panther that's just gonna die anyway

Btw, that shiskebabed panther of Alex's is still raring to go. Tenacious little buggers, aren't they?

I'm lost already FailFish

Sequences! List Time!

1. Zoey said hi to Alex and Valerie. Alex tripped hard on life.

2. Soren saw the shadow panthers coming in from the forest. Three enter.

3. One attacks Ganon with sneakiness and gets slashed, then Soren burns it. That panther comes after him and tackles him off the mansion.

4. Two more panthers come in. Valerie sets up Trick Room, locking them in/Soren and his panther out. She attacks two with Sylveon and Spritzee.

5. Lucas and Ascension get hits in on the enclosed panthers. Ascension is bit and loses the ability to transform. Soren blasts that same panther of his again, assumes it dies. Lucas casts a shield and attempts Lifeup.

6. Soren's panther gets up and bites him in the side, poisoning him. He starts to lose his magical abilities and is severely wounded.

7. He gets dragged into the forest, presumably where he won't be found for awhile. He does kill the shadow panther with a Flare-powered blast of Bolganone, then passes out.

8. Alex wakes up out of her high and tells Zoey to fight or stay safe. She then plays baseball with a cat.

Edited by Sugar-Free

It seems you kinda forgot to mention that when Valerie set up Trick Room, some more panthers snook in.

It seems you kinda forgot to mention that when Valerie set up Trick Room, some more panthers snook in.

I...think I did. "4. Two more panthers come in. Valerie sets up Trick Room, locking them in/Soren and his panther out."

Unless we're talking more than two, of course <:3 . According to memory, there's a dead one near Soren, and two in Trick Room.

Valerie is fighting two, Ascension is fighting one and Alex is fighting one, so that should be 4 in trick room, right?

Also, I clearly stated that just before Trick Room hit the ground, some more panthers hurried in and TWO OF THEM attacked Valerie. This... basically means there are more than two panthers, doesn't it?

Valerie is fighting two, Ascension is fighting one and Alex is fighting one, so that should be 4 in trick room, right?

Also, I clearly stated that just before Trick Room hit the ground, some more panthers hurried in and TWO OF THEM attacked Valerie. This... basically means there are more than two panthers, doesn't it?

Okay, I see what you mean. There were the initial 3 that Dusk talked about, and then your post intro'd 2 more. Five in total: one dead, one skewered, one frozen, and two more. I'll amend my post up there (that's why I asked about which panthers were where the other day xd.png)

((Putting this here because I'll need it next week.))

Name: Ike

Universe: Fire Emblem (Radiant Dawn)

Species: Beorc (human)

Appearance: Link Here

Personality: Ike is well-known across his homeland for his kindness and amiability. Easygoing and quick to make friends, Ike is a highly sociable and warm person...if, albeit, lacking in tact at times. Raised by his father to be noble and accepting of all manner of people, he is respected and spoken fondly of by both the beorc and laguz.

He’s a very down-to-earth man, with a no-nonsense approach to everything concerning his life and his responsibilities. His rural upbringing can make him seem blunt to the point of unintentional rudeness, and he’s not afraid to voice his opinion, but he’s quick to retract any insensitivities with humbleness and understanding. Ike values the wisdom of those more experienced than himself, and he is willing to listen and learn about subjects that he is sorely uninformed on. His natural charisma and sense of camaraderie make him a born leader.

Ike dislikes ignorance and egoism, royal affairs, and childishness. He loves eating (especially meat and spicy foods), birds, and intelligence. He especially adulates the eloquence and intellect of his closest and best friend Soren, keeping him by his side at all times and trusting him with a great part of his management duties (including map-reading, sending letters, finances, tactics, army management, etc...)

In his history, he was remembered as "The Hero of Blue Flames"

Abilities/Weapons: Ike carries with him still the blessed blade Ragnell, twin of Alondite. The sword still brims with the flames of Chaos bestowed upon it by Yune, and is entirely impervious to wear. As it is the only weapon befitting of him, it is the only one he wields. Ragnell is capable of long-distance attacks by way of bursts of blue shockwaves. He also carries a three-pack Concoction (high single healing).

He also has a self-defense dagger on his thigh, mostly used for slicing fruit or whatnot.

Ike’s skills are (simplified for RP):

Aether: The combined skill of Sol and Luna. Once per battle, this unit deals two savage blows at once—the first draining life from the enemy, the second negating the enemy’s Defense.

Nihil: This unit cannot be harmed by special statuses (sleep, poison, etc.)

Divine Retribution: When this unit is first attacked, the enemy will take major counter damage.

Tomebreaker:  Extra damage to magic entities.

Heavy Blade: Enemies struck by this unit may become paralyzed. Low health/low level enemies will be instantly killed.

Other: When Ike supports Soren, all of Ike's skills are boosted.

Approved. I'll put it in the OPs in a bit.

@everyone

Yes these panthers are tenacious. I would like the fight to start wrapping up if it isn't already when 1/2 the active PCs get bit. I'm counting Mario in that number.

Next monsters will be easier, but I'm waiting until all the magic debuffs end before Eos shows her bloodstained muzzle.

Edit:

Dalek is very busy according to a conversation in the Chatzy for Choice. (Yea I know...)

I'm declaring Mario and Yoshi are not in the fight or Trick Room. The only person who can override this is Dalek, as she is Yoshi's player. However, I think they are out of bounds anyhow.

However, * can't hold Mario and Yoshi after everyone starts leaving the area.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'm starting to get an incomplete sense with Valerie not having Mawile and Mime Jr.

However, to balance things out a bit, I was thinking about the two of them counting as one character, effectively making Valerie and her pokémon count as a total of two characters. I kinda feel like making them carry the pokéballs with them as well so Valerie can return them and Sylveon and Spritzee. I don't think she can command more than two pokémon at a time anyways, so in battles it would effectively be a max of two characters doing the work...

Details:

Mr. Mime

Ability: Soundproof (would make him immune to anything based around sound in this RP, so no imitating him with a loud growl, or distracting him with a big explosion, or damaging him with a sonic boom or anything)

Moves:

Light Screen (reduces damage taken from attacks revolving around magic)

Reflect (reduces physical damage taken, also works with earthquakes and thrown/launched/shot objects)

Psychic (let's be honest, we all know what this move does)

Dazzling Gleam (cuz it's still a pokémon of valerie xd.png)

Mawile

Ability: Hyper Cutter (Nothing can decrease this pokémon's attack power, other than this pokémon itself)

Moves:

Feint Attack (does very little damage, but cannot be dodged)

Crunch (kinda obvious - just keep in mind Mawile does this with the mouth on the back of its head, rather than the one on its face)

Iron Defense (raises the pokémon's defense)

Non-canon 4th move: Flash Cannon

Editing them in!

Keep in mind, I believe there's a move that breaks through Soundproof in the games if I remember correctly.

Also, can Mr. Mime hear commands, or is it functionally deaf? I'm getting the deaf vibe from your description.

Editing them in!

Keep in mind, I believe there's a move that breaks through Soundproof in the games if I remember correctly.

Also, can Mr. Mime hear commands, or is it functionally deaf? I'm getting the deaf vibe from your description.

I know the ability Mold Breaker can break through all the weird "immunity" abilities. I can't think of a move that does it, though.

I'll be posting as the gr9 Cranando[sic] and Memena (with Doge Lunk) sometime today or tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: A move that breaks through Soundproof is apparently "any move that isn't sound based".

I think that works out well.

Edited by DarkShinyLugia

CRANANDO PLS SEND HELP MY SIDES ARE IN ORBIT

EDIT: I'll wait to post for Alex until a few others move about. I'd feel weird if two of my charas took out panthers on their own (even if Soren had help, sorta), so I'm not gonna steal the thunder if I can help it.

*IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THUNDER SWORD*

EDIT #2: I just realized I have Soren technically listed as an OC, when he isn't (I used the OC form for...some reason...I have no idea....)

Edited by Sugar-Free

Editing them in!

There is no move that can break through Soundproof, but the ability Mold Breaker does break through it, and other immunity abilities like Levitate and Bulletproof.

Mr. Mime being practically deaf... probably he's actually not, but... for the sake of balance I guess he could be? And then I guess he'd just use psychic to "hear" Valerie by the movements of her lips?

Ah, ok. Yeah, I was remembering that one wrong.

Yeah, that would keep him balanced. Telepathy and psy lipreading would both be options - which do you prefer?

I'd prefer psy-lipreading, as it conflicts with the lore the least. If a character can communicate with their pokémon telepathically it's always mentioned at least once, and with Valerie this is not the case. Mr. Mime has only been seen twice in the anime, both times only in a short scene and in those appearances it hasn't really reacted a lot, so theoretically he could be deaf and just understand Valerie and her other pokémon through psy-lipreading, although he can still speak normally. (like normal Mr. Mime speech "normal")

Articulation intensifies.

Edited by Felixr2

I'd prefer psy-lipreading, as it conflicts with the lore the least. If a character can communicate with their pokémon it's always mentioned at least once, and with Valerie this is not the case. Mr. Mime has only been seen twice in the anime, both times only in a short scene and in those appearances it hasn't really reacted a lot, so theoretically he could be deaf and just understand Valerie and her other pokémon through psy-lipreading, although he can still speak normally. (like normal Mr. Mime speech "normal")

Articulation intensifies.

I think that adds a ton of uniquity to it! And you know what's awesome? It's a MIME, so anything it can't communicate telepathically it can with it body language. I'd officially accept this headcannon x3

Alright, am I allowed to have Kali and Blossom as characters as well? It's like... the easiest way to get Mr. Mime and Mawile in. If I can't have them that's fine, I have a backup plan for if they can't make it to our group, but I'd prefer having them as well. Filling the sheets in so you can have a look at how they'd work out. I'll have them only have pokémon out in battles, and even then only one at a time each. They also don't really have any experience in tag team battles.

Name: Kali

Universe: Pokémon

Species: Human

Appearance: Picture!

Personality: Mostly loyal towards Valerie, but Kali is more likely to make decisions on her own from time to time. Just like Valerie, Kali seeks beauty in pokémon battles.

Abilities/Weapons: Kali has a Dedenne and an Azumarill. Due to lack of information online, I've assumed their abilities to be Cheek Pouch and Thick Fat.

Dedenne

Ability: Cheek Pouch (restores a bit of health whenever this pokémon eats a berry)

Moveset:

- Charge Beam

- Volt Switch

- Rest

- Snore

Axumarill

Ability: Thick Fat (halves damage taken from attacks based around fire and ice)

Moveset:

- Aqua Ring

- Double Edge

- Rain Dance

- Aqua Tail

Name: Blossom

Universe: Pokémon

Species: Human

Appearance: The middle girl. The one on the right is Katherine and the one on the left is Linnea.

Personality: Very loyal to Valerie. The fact that pokémon can get mad sometimes is part of why she likes them.

Abilities/Weapons: She has a Klefki, a Kirlia and a Granbull.

Klefki

Ability: Prankster (status moves can be used faster)

Moveset:

- Imprison

- Torment

- Mirror Shot

- Foul Play

Kirlia

Ability: Synchronize (any status condition applied to this pokémon will also be passed on to the one who inflicted it)

Moveset:

- Psychic

- Calm Mind

Granbull

Ability: Quick Feet (this pokemon is faster when it has a status condition)

Moveset:

- Lick

- Headbutt

- Rage

As soon as the panthers are dealt with, I will have Mawile, Mr. Mime, Kali, Blossom and Klefki show up. Blossom will retreat Klefki and they'll hand Valerie's pokéballs over to Valerie, who will then return Sylveon, Mawile and Mr. Mime as well, Spritzee will just float around. I guess I can let Valerie have one pokémon out outside of battle as she and her team count for two characters now...

Seriously though, why didn't Kali and Blossom take any medical items with them? tongue.gif