TJ09

2016-08-14 - August Site Update

Thank You TJ for all of the new updates! I love them! I'm also glad that one of my suggestions made it into Dragon Cave (even though I know it wasn't me who directly impacted it!) xd.png

Thank you so much for giving us a method to reduce the chance of refusal! I guess I'll need to get some more Purples now.

And the lineage ruler is very useful! Even better than the proposed idea of a number in the corner, since you can immediately see which generation is which.

Edited by cbussiere

I would type in all caps, except I cannot do that so ....

I am Soooo Excited!!! wub.gif

Belated thought, after sleeping and checking out the new breed sort. I do like dragons being where they're "supposed" to be, but I won't be switching from legacy unless there's an option to keep holidays and pygmies together as before. I don't want to be hopping all over the scroll to breed come Halloween when it could've only taken minutes before at most. And custom sort is a pain when you have 1k+ dragons to deal with.

That's going to be interesting during the holidays indeed.

May I have another temp sort option "sort by theme" to get Halloweens, Holidays and Valentine's grouped together like before? Also possibly Pygmies, Drakes and 2-Headeds? *big begging eyes*

Thoughts:

I'm going to hate the new breed sort, I can already tell. I'm used to having pygmies and holidays together. This is going to take a lot of getting used to.

Zombies: Omg omg omg omg omg. So.... That just shoots my carefully-planned Halloween all to heck. So... I can make zombies at any time now? But the odds sure don't look good, according to this thread.

Question: Is there an *increased* chance of getting a zombie on Halloween, or is Halloween going to be like every other day now?

I'm looooving the generations on lineages. That makes things a lot easier!

Thanks for the change to fertility, wish it had happened a half day sooner. Had a silver x shadow walker pair refuse out of season... rolleyes.gif

Was doing a quick skim with breed temp sort on my scroll and looks like Black Capped Teimarr are still out of place. They show up between Tarantula Hawk Drake and Terrae.

Thanks for the change to fertility, wish it had happened a half day sooner. Had a silver x shadow walker pair refuse out of season... rolleyes.gif

Was doing a quick skim with breed temp sort on my scroll and looks like Black Capped Teimarr are still out of place. They show up between Tarantula Hawk Drake and Terrae.

Teimarrs are listed in the encyclopedia as simply Teimarrs, which is likely the cause.

I thought something looked odd on my lineage view. Loving the updates, thank you so much. <3

I successfully revived a Hatchling on my 5th attempt, but it didn't turn into a Zombie. Kind of bummed! xd.pnglaugh.gif Oh well, I'll try again in 2 weeks at the time when Zombies are actually visible.

Oooo, I know I like the generation "ruler" at the top of the lineage view page. I squealed a little when I saw it (I hadn't yet seen the news update). I think I like all the other updates. I admit I'm already rubbing my hands together in anticipation of the zombies.

Thank for the updates!

Love the lineage ruler!

I thought we were going to get multi-clutch Fertility as an update. Darn. Oh well. I guess I'll use fertility on all my new couples now.

Edit: Also, about zombies:

Zombies Previously, zombies were limited to Halloween. Now, zombies can be obtained at any time, with a scaling chance of success based on the time (e.g. when zombies are visible, the chance is higher).

I'm assuming this means it will be easier to get zombies between 12:00 AM and 1:00 AM Eastern Timezone/Dragon Cave Time, because that's when they show up as dragons and not tombstones.

Don't know about Halloween though. Are zombies visible throughout Halloween or only on Halloween night like normal days?

Edited by Shokomon

Thank goodness for the zombie change. I was afraid it was gonna take years to collect all the different zombie forms. And now I have something to do with all my failed alt black dragons. cool.gif

I just hope people will have some courtesy and won't be killing dragons bred by other users...

I've been working so hard to make my pairs' progenies as long as I could, would be devastating to have them shortened just because of people mass zombie-experimenting on them now:( especially as these aren't messy lineages but still, probably not valuable enough to spare them... ehh...

but I seriously doubt this courtesy though... I've seen several offspring in my couples' progenies turned into Vampires, which has much lower risk of killing but there is still a fair chance of it:( it's sad

For the sake of my own scroll I'm glad to be able to make the new Zombies within some reasonable time instead of dozens of years. Poor CBs:P

Edited by VixenDra

That's going to be interesting during the holidays indeed.

May I have another temp sort option "sort by theme" to get Halloweens, Holidays and Valentine's grouped together like before? Also possibly Pygmies, Drakes and 2-Headeds? *big begging eyes*

Seconded!