TJ09

2016-08-14 - August Site Update

Oh, zombies. Thanks I guess. I was really hoping for an August Release - Halloween will be here all but immediately and then there might not be another Release of non-Holidays until after Valentine's Day.

Too long. Way too long.

I have been gathering up zombie fodders and I will try out my luck roughly 15 hours from now.

I attempted 9 undead dragons just now: 5 hatchlings and 4 adults. All disintegrated upon revival. laugh.gif Well, I shall try again soon. tongue.gif My scroll is a graveyard. Lol.

Oooh I like the new Breed sort! It'll take some getting used to but I like it. :) My only nitpick is that since the Valentine, Halloween, and Pygmy breeds are now split up, can the Christmas dragons' "unofficial" names pretty pretty please become their actual breed names? ^-^

My only nitpick is that since the Valentine, Halloween, and Pygmy breeds are now split up, can the Christmas dragons' "unofficial" names pretty pretty please become their actual breed names? ^-^

I would like this too! Their encyclopedia descriptions seem to use those names so why not?

7 dodged the blade and 5 disintegrated =( wasn´t expecting anything else anyway...

Thank you for the update! I'll need to create some zombie fodder before I try it out, though. x)

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but using Firefox on a Mac (10.11.2) I am just getting a column of numbers at the top of the lineage page, not the nice row showing each gen.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but using Firefox on a Mac (10.11.2) I am just getting a column of numbers at the top of the lineage page, not the nice row showing each gen.

Try a hard refresh. I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac, but it should take care of the problem.

Because unlike vampires, zombies are still listed under their previous breed. I do believe there's a suggestion to change that if you want to go hunt it down and support it or create your own suggestion.

I believe "that" suggestion is in fact MY suggestion xd.png

Try a hard refresh. I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac, but it should take care of the problem.

It did! Thanks. smile.gif

Oh wow! New updates! I came back from vacation to some neat new features. smile.gif

I'm super excited about the zombies! Now I won't have to wait until Halloween, I guess I'll just have to wait until tonight to test it...

I like the lineage ruler, much easier than going to AofND (I don't use it to much, but mostly for curiosity's sake).

And Fertility updates!! Now if only we could get a BSA to get rid of refusals, huh?

Thanks for these new updates! I hope this doesn't prevent us from getting an August release though wink.gif

Will zombies still be more successful during Halloween?

That's what I'm wondering, especially since it doesn't seem many people are being successful with them right now.

Quoting the Bossman again:

Zombies Previously, zombies were limited to Halloween. Now, zombies can be obtained at any time, with a scaling chance of success based on the time (e.g. when zombies are visible, the chance is higher).

He said for example when zombies are visible, i dare to say on Halloween our changes are the best to get a Zombie.

I don't like the changes in how to obtain Zombies, because making them easier to get makes them less especial biggrin.gif. We can all get them in Halloween. One just needed to wait a little bit. I like rare things to stay rare, if not, the game gets easy and users begin to get bored and leave.

The sprites, though... they are AMAZING!

I don't like the changes in how to obtain Zombies, because making them easier to get makes them less especial biggrin.gif. We can all get them in Halloween. One just needed to wait a little bit. I like rare things to stay rare, if not, the game gets easy and users begin to get bored and leave.

The sprites, though... they are AMAZING!

I've been attempting to create zombies since 2011. I have six hatchies and eight adults (14 zombies total). With the release of eight different zombie types (and at least three more coming), I only have three of the adults and probably about the same for hatchies (will check tonight). I've gotten lucky and gotten three adults in one year and gotten unlucky and only gotten one hatchie (from 17 attempts) and no adults in one year. If you're trying for all the sprites, only attempting on Halloween is a little more than just a little waiting. =p

So I'm so happy we can try year long now! More than 10 adult attempts in a year. shades.png

But if you want, you can try only on Halloween. ;p

Generation numbering has become very inconsistant with the Thuweds!

This is interesting. Gen 0? http://dragcave.net/lineage/9C1GJ

And here, my 2nd gen becomes a gen 1 http://dragcave.net/lineage/kYppo But it becomes a gen 2 in this lineage http://dragcave.net/lineage/loI1W that I bred from it.

So, I thought maybe an all-Thuwed base lineage would start with gen 0, but it doesn't. http://dragcave.net/lineage/GaTcB blink.gif

Yet in this lineage http://dragcave.net/lineage/QXm1f all the CBs become 2nd gens because of Ekxoh Tuhb Whood Thuwed!

Edited by purplehaze

Fascinating:

If i put lineage instead of view in the url if i take a look at TJ's Alt Black then i see generation one, and the lineage of the children are one higher... blink.gif

I mentioned that earlier but nobody paid attention... sad.gif

I've been attempting to create zombies since 2011. I have six hatchies and eight adults (14 zombies total). With the release of eight different zombie types (and at least three more coming), I only have three of the adults and probably about the same for hatchies (will check tonight). I've gotten lucky and gotten three adults in one year and gotten unlucky and only gotten one hatchie (from 17 attempts) and no adults in one year. If you're trying for all the sprites, only attempting on Halloween is a little more than just a little waiting. =p

So I'm so happy we can try year long now! More than 10 adult attempts in a year. shades.png

But if you want, you can try only on Halloween. ;p

Meh. Maybe it's just me. (Probably just me). The wait makes the prize even more... desirable? Prized?

Took me... 6 years to get a Holly, for example. I almost died when I finally got the first one! Same with GoN's. Not 6 years, but some... 2 or 3 maybe? Anyway, getting Hollys since then has become extremely easy, and the "OMG OMG OMG HOLLIEZ!!!11!" factor vanished.

At least the change made some people happy? That's good. I'm surely a minority.

And yup, I'll just stick to Halloween. 31st of October is an awesome date for a Zombie biggrin.gif.

Edited by Mystic_Solara