TJ09

2016-08-14 - August Site Update

since dead dragons stopped disappearing quite a while ago, "fake cbs" were already no longer a thing.

Though I wonder how people will feel about lineages that should be CB that now aren't. Since apparently TJ's cb alts are really not.

Fascinating:

If i put lineage instead of view in the url if i take a look at TJ's Alt Black then i see generation one, and the lineage of the children are one higher... blink.gif

Thank you for the update, TJ! ^^ It is appreciated.

As some users have mentioned, I wish that: (1) there would be more sorting options, such as to sort by theme to group together the holiday dragons; (2) there would be a little more space between the ruler and the lineage; and (3) there would be a ruler at the bottom too.

Those are all I could think of for now.

I have been gathering up zombie fodders and I will try out my luck roughly 15 hours from now.

On a side note, I was amused to discover that this dragon was actually a 19th gen and not a 6th gen. laugh.gif

On a side note, I was amused to discover that this dragon was actually a 19th gen and not a 6th gen. laugh.gif

strange, I remember beign able to view the dead's lineage upon clicking on it... why it now shows as a dragon not found instead..?

strange, I remember beign able to view the dead's lineage upon clicking on it... why it now shows as a dragon not found instead..?

You were able to click dragons that were still in the database, and you still are, like here: https://dragcave.net/lineage/JIFX0

Those that show as "Deceased" just weren't clickable at all before - now they get linked with code "0" apparently ...

You were able to click dragons that were still in the database, and you still are, like here: https://dragcave.net/lineage/JIFX0

Those that show as "Deceased" just weren't clickable at all before - now they get linked with code "0" apparently ...

Ah, so in the past they were removed completely, and only those link to the error page, right? Ok, so this dragon was killed during the times when killing=removing from DC completely. Thanks, now I think I get it!

Does anyone else have the generation counter sometimes not display right? About half the time for me it's just a column of numbers at the top and the lineage itself is compressed at the top, ruining the symmetry. In fact until this morning that's the *only* way it appeared and I was surprised to start seeing neat "rulers" across the top instead.

the last update bit is a godsend, now i can name my draggies properly biggrin.gif

and i got way too many to name, yay me for slacking off on that X.x

I zombified a vampire dragon.

I should've bit an egg then revived it. That would've been cooler. Good thing I have a vampire surplus. cool.gif

*edit* wait... I lied still no success /.\

Edited by LoveOfTheMoonChild

BlockEdrgon, the najes are not supposed to be on the side, try a hard refresh.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Ooooh, I'll have to try zombifying something tonight. This is going to be so exciting, if somewhat frustrating for a while /laugh.

...or maybe I'll just try to collect some zombie fodder, as I realize I have nothing stored up but some extra Black dragons....

Edited by silver_chan

With new "Breed" sort order my Zombies still considered their "base" breed, and not ndead/[Z]ombie/whatever... sad.gif

I guess I was hoping for too much... sad.gif

Excellent updates (even though i still fail utterly at making zombies sad.gif )

With new "Breed" sort order my Zombies still considered their "base" breed, and not ndead/[Z]ombie/whatever... sad.gif

I guess I was hoping for too much... sad.gif

Because unlike vampires, zombies are still listed under their previous breed. I do believe there's a suggestion to change that if you want to go hunt it down and support it or create your own suggestion.

Until we get more confirmations of zombies I'm mentally labeling this change a Bad Thing. From my experience and other posts from years past, it seems like you had an okay chance of getting Zombies on Halloween. Now that's been taken away for a very, very slim chance all the time. To me, it doesn't feel like this is a positive change. I was expecting more successful zombie stories then we've gotten. I guess we'll see if things even out over the next few weeks.

Edited by Marie19R

...so did the update hide all the zombie tombstones? I'll be sad if that's the case, but I can't find any of the tombs that I know exist...

...so did the update hide all the zombie tombstones? I'll be sad if that's the case, but I can't find any of the tombs that I know exist...

I can still see mine on /dragons. I don't believe they were visible on other's scrolls all the time, though. Am I misremembering?

You can find zombies to click through Encyclopedia Helpers or Zombie Success Stories in SD. ^^ Clicking the tombstones when linked still works even when they're not visible.

Until we get more confirmations of zombies I'm mentally labeling this change a Bad Thing. From my experience and other posts from years past, it seems like you had an okay chance of getting Zombies on Halloween. Now that's been taken away for a very, very slim chance all the time. To me, it doesn't feel like this is a positive change. I was expecting more successful zombie stories then we've gotten. I guess we'll see if things even out over the next few weeks.

Who said anything about the Halloween chance going away? All we know is that there's a slim chance of Zombies now. We'll have to wait until Halloween rolls around to see what our chances are then.

Being just a tooouch dyslexic, that ruler is my favourite! xd.png

This update is schweet ♥

Like Sock said, you need to view other Undeads/Zombies that are in different Categories besides Western, which are: Amphiptere, Eastern, Leviathan, Lindwurm, Wingless, Wyrm, and Wyvern ATM.

That's odd, usually the shadows appear listed and then you unlock the shadows rather than unlocking the shadows and then the sprites. That said, I've also been looking at plenty of zombies (collecting sprites for the wiki) as well as owning a fair few different sub-types myself without anything appearing the encyclopedia.

Because unlike vampires, zombies are still listed under their previous breed. I do believe there's a suggestion to change that if you want to go hunt it down and support it or create your own suggestion.

I had made this suggestion myself and had been watching the thread for a bit but then it got deleted o__o It wasn't that inactive either, there are far more inactive suggestions on the board itself, so not sure what happened there (I know it got deleted because I bookmarked the link).

Edit: Thanks Sock, didn't realise it got merged! xd.png

Edited by bluesonic1

That's odd, usually the shadows appear listed and then you unlock the shadows rather than unlocking the shadows and then the sprites. That said, I've also been looking at plenty of zombies (collecting sprites for the wiki) as well as owning a fair few different sub-types myself without anything appearing the encyclopedia.

Not all the time, secondary shadows usually don't show up until you look at enough of the required sprites to register, like scale-less Lumina or zapped Bolts.

Keep going! I managed to get all 8 of the sprites (most are still shadowed but they're there) by looking through Zombie Success Stories and the Encyclopedia Helpers. It kind of helps to look after midnight cave-time to see what zombies you're looking at, but honestly you can do it any time.

I had made this suggestion myself and had been watching the thread for a bit but then it got deleted o__o It wasn't that inactive either, there are far more inactive suggestions on the board itself, so not sure what happened there (I know it got deleted because I bookmarked the link).

For unlocking, try going to the lineage, then clicking the sprite from there. I have 8 sets of shadows (three fully unlocked) in mine.

Your topic wasn't deleted, it was merged with an earlier topic: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=153136