TJ09

2016-08-14 - August Site Update

I got a zombie, which is surprising since success rates seem to be really low. The first four disintegrated. :3 Of course, I chose to start with hatchlings when I forgot I had an adult ready and waiting. I'll have to try again in a few weeks.

So... two people got a zombie, out of how many trying? So I guess the odds were tinkered with, they aren't as good as Halloween used to be.

Tried to kill 6 dragons (waters and xenos). Five dodged the blade, one was killed and then disintegrated. *sigh*

Very glad to hear of the update changes, esp. the zombie and gen counts. I never used the Fertility as I heard it was pretty useless. But now it sounds like it may be worth giving it another chance.

Thanks T.J.!

Edited by PrairieStead

Tried five zombies, all of them dusted :< Maybe I'll wait until Halloween to try again- I don't want to keep losing dragons while the odds of success still seem so very low.

Tried five zombies, all of them dusted :< Maybe I'll wait until Halloween to try again- I don't want to keep losing dragons while the odds of success still seem so very low.

sadly, even at Halloween the chances were always pretty low. Last year I had 6 I think it was out of 33 turn and thought that was really good.

Killed five adults, only one came back normal (and I accidentally killed it again, forgetting I can only use the revive button once). No zombies still...I regret nothing.

ALSO:

I found the use of Fertility very helpful for this one pair of mine that stubbornly would not produce an egg, while under the influence they finally bred an egg. So I am hopeful and definitely going to be fertilizing new pairs to *try to* ensure they don't refuse. Thanks TJ!

Edited by purplenewt

finally zombie info

I tried to make a two headed zombie with my last kill slot...it failed sad.gif

the only thing i dont like in this update is the way the gen counter affects the names in lineage view, it looks weird to ahve the names on the side and not centered and under anymore

Edited by blockEdragon

Loving the updates, especially being able to make Undeads all year round again biggrin.gif

Not entirely sure how I feel about the breed sort yet- I love the fact that they sort by their names now (makes more sense) but now I miss my Valentines, Halloweens and pygmies being altogether xd.png For those curious, the change in breed sort actually affected 51 different dragons- wow!

Edit: Also, any news on all the Undead sprites making it to the Encyclopedia?

Edited by bluesonic1

They are already there. You need to click the diff types to unlock the shadow.

4 desintegrated, 1 revived(and therefore released)... sad.gif

bye CB Nocturne, Mint, Falconiform, Deepsea and farewell Striped River...

I think I'll leave Mageias and Blusangs for Halloween...

So few successes overall... like just 2 reported so far?

Edited by VixenDra

Bred me two Xenos and caught other types from the Cave. I really, really want to zombify a Silver. Keep in mind that the chance to get Zombies is bigger when Zombies are visible. Are there sprites for two-headed, drakes and pygmies now?

Earlier, I killed 5 CB Adults (3 Chronos & 2 Vines) whilst the Zombies were visible and none of them revived into a Zombie. What a huge disappointment and a waste. At least one turn would have been nice dry.gif

Earlier, I killed 5 CB Adults (3 Chronos & 2 Vines) whilst the Zombies were visible and none of them revived into a Zombie. What a huge disappointment and a waste. At least one turn would have been nice dry.gif

Exactly my thinking after all of mine got wasted... and I used commons this time (though I have CB Magaieas and CB Blusangs waiting for their turn at some point:()

Nice! I'm especially excited about the fertility for refusals on first time pairs! biggrin.gif

Edited by Alayajoy

Exactly my thinking after all of mine got wasted... and I used commons this time (though I have CB Magaieas and CB Blusangs waiting for their turn at some point:()

Not nice when that happens. 5 kills and not one turn. Maybe it should have been set up so that you get one turn out of five, at least :/

Loving the updates, especially being able to make Undeads all year round again biggrin.gif

Not entirely sure how I feel about the breed sort yet- I love the fact that they sort by their names now (makes more sense) but now I miss my Valentines, Halloweens and pygmies being altogether xd.png For those curious, the change in breed sort actually affected 51 different dragons- wow!

I'm unhappy abt those sets of dragons as well.

Bred me two Xenos and caught other types from the Cave. I really, really want to zombify a Silver. Keep in mind that the chance to get Zombies is bigger when Zombies are visible. Are there sprites for two-headed, drakes and pygmies now?

Not yet, they currently give the default western sprite. I have one two headed I previously zombie and tried for a pygmy last night. (which came back to life as a pygmy sigh)

You know I'm kinda unhappy about the "showing of generation thing".

It wasn't a hard to find out thing for those that wanted to know, while those that didn't cared for the whole generation part could catch some rares, bred them and kill the parents to have so called "fake caveborns".

Now I can't have those fake cbs cause the gen number shows at the top of the so nicely short lineage page AND it will be listed on the dragons profile too.

I guess I can only hope for a way to hide that information via a profile option.

o___0 Am I looking in the wrong place? This is my view of their entry (and it's fully unlocked).

Like Sock said, you need to view other Undeads/Zombies that are in different Categories besides Western, which are: Amphiptere, Eastern, Leviathan, Lindwurm, Wingless, Wyrm, and Wyvern ATM.

The Zombie Success Stories thread has helped me unlock ALL 8 Shadows and unlock 3 complete sets of Zombie sprites, with a couple hatchling sprites for the others.

You know I'm kinda unhappy about the "showing of generation thing".

It wasn't a hard to find out thing for those that wanted to know, while those that didn't cared for the whole generation part could catch some rares, bred them and kill the parents to have so called "fake caveborns".

Now I can't have those fake cbs cause the gen number shows at the top of the so nicely short lineage page AND it will be listed on the dragons profile too.

I guess I can only hope for a way to hide that information via a profile option.

since dead dragons stopped disappearing quite a while ago, "fake cbs" were already no longer a thing.

Though I wonder how people will feel about lineages that should be CB that now aren't. Since apparently TJ's cb alts are really not.