TJ09

2016-08-14 - August Site Update

Thanks for the update (but I'm still hoping for a regular release later this month)!

Love the lineage ruler, and I second the suggestion to add another one at the bottom of the page.

Definitely will use the fertility BSA more often.

I just hope people will have some courtesy and won't be killing dragons bred by other users...

I've been working so hard to make my pairs' progenies as long as I could, would be devastating to have them shortened just because of people mass zombie-experimenting on them now:( especially as these aren't messy lineages but still, probably not valuable enough to spare them... ehh...

but I seriously doubt this courtesy though... I've seen several offspring in my couples' progenies turned into Vampires, which has much lower risk of killing but there is still a fair chance of it:( it's sad

For the sake of my own scroll I'm glad to be able to make the new Zombies within some reasonable time instead of dozens of years. Poor CBs:P

I am not inclined to kill nice lineaged dragons, but I am also not inclined to kill CB Xenowyrms for a Wyrm Zombie.

It's a great thing that we can easily find messy lined dragons. It's also a great thing we can Zombify all year round now! smile.gif

I did kill a misgendered Xenowyrm with a nice lineage in an attempt to get a Zombie. I feel sorta bad now, but what is done is done.

thanks TJ smile.gif love the changed! the breed sorter will make so much more sense now! i still wish we could pick betwen the new lineage and old lineage view tho.

So... no new releases?

that would be really awful.. Especially as there was already no release in June this year:/

For the life of me I could barely kill one of my water dragons i picked up from the cave, and then I succesfully killed it and i totally regret it it's so sad D:

EDIT: soo.. how do we know if it became a zombie?

Edited by American-Dragons

For the life of me I could barely kill one of my water dragons i picked up from the cave, and then I succesfully killed it and i totally regret it it's so sad D:

EDIT: soo.. how do we know if it became a zombie?

revive it and see if it desintegrates or revives or changes into a zombie

but better do it when this site says that zombies are visible, not hidden: http://eatw.net/tool.html (which is in about 2,5h from now)

but so far people weren't in luck yet

Edited by VixenDra

Teimarrs are listed in the encyclopedia as simply Teimarrs, which is likely the cause.

That is interesting a dragon has two "official" names. Is it a black capped tiemarr or a tiemarr? I thought the point of the update was to make things consistent and this isn't. I would think the correct name should be decided by those in the know and encyclopedia or dragon description corrected accordingly.

biggrin.gif How lovely! I may not benefit from all these changes but I now I will with the Zombies new feature. Time to create my army of undead.

That is interesting a dragon has two "official" names. Is it a black capped tiemarr or a tiemarr? I thought the point of the update was to make things consistent and this isn't. I would think the correct name should be decided by those in the know and encyclopedia or dragon description corrected accordingly.

I'm sure it was just overlooked. I've reported it.

that would be really awful.. Especially as there was already no release in June this year:/

Okay, I'm seeing a lot about a new release/lack thereof, but this topic has nothing to do with releases. We will just have to continue waiting to see if there is a new release.

In the meantime, a reminder of the topic:

I've got a few cool features to announce this month, including some improvements to refusals and the ability to get zombies at all times.

Fertility Dragons that have had their fertility increased via the Purple Dragon's BSA have a significantly reduced chance of refusing another dragon. This only works for new pairings; existing pairs (successful or not) are unaffected by the new behavior.

Zombies Previously, zombies were limited to Halloween. Now, zombies can be obtained at any time, with a scaling chance of success based on the time (e.g. when zombies are visible, the chance is higher).

Breed Sort The "Breed" sorting option has been changed to use the breed's actual name (i.e. the one you can see in the encyclopedia) instead of the internal breed names. This change does not affect people who are currently using breed sort (if you had breed sort active before this change, your sorting choice will now appear as "Legacy Breed Name." If you change your sorting preferences away from "Legacy Breed Name," you will not be able to reselect it).

Lineage Ruler A new generation counter has been added to the top of lineage pages. This will make it easier to see what generation dragons are. A future site change will add generation counts to dragon pages as well.

^^

Okay, three dodges and one disintegration and gave up.  I'll wait till someone actually turns one.  sad.gif

On a side note:  why do Paper zombies have the Western sprite? http://dragcave.net/view/C4d7w  aren't they Lindwurms?

http://i66.tinypic.com/2r6o001.png  breed sort proof of being Paper.

Well, type needs to be manually set and there are still a handful of dragons under the wrong type (spirit wards, sunsongs). But more than that, the enchanted objects aren't real dragons, so they don't have a dragon type set, so that's probably why it shows as the western sprite - the western is the default.

I reported it in case it's something TJ can fix or is willing to give them dragon types.

maybe a little bummed about the zombie update? it makes obtaining them so much easier, but i honestly really enjoyed getting to plan my zombie fodders every halloween.

prob an unpopular opinion, tho lol

i also really appreciate the generation ruler, however i think something's wrong with the styling/alignment? it's appearing like this for me, and i'm also unsure of why it counts from 7 to 10 on this lineage in particular? shouldn't that be a fifth generation egg?

Edited by catmosphere

Try a hard refresh on windows it is Ctrl+F5 and on Mac please ask a Mac-user.

You should go to each dragon on the very right and check if it has parents.

i also really appreciate the generation ruler, however i think something's wrong with the styling/alignment? it's appearing like this for me, and i'm also unsure of why it counts from 7 to 10 on this lineage in particular? shouldn't that be a fifth generation egg?

A hard refresh should take care of that. It did for me.

I'm not quite sure why you are only seeing 5 generations. When I went to the dragon's lineage I could see the full thing. Maybe with the hard refresh it will fix that, too.

Edited by purplehaze

@catmosphere

Maybe you use a smartphone and don't be able to see 12 generations at once? Checked the code in your image and it really is a 11th gen dragon.

Or maybe it was an egg on the AP and then catmosphere or ssomeone else grabbed it. AP only shows 5 generations. I use mobile and can see eleven generations soo...

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

thank you both!! i should've known to hard refresh, lol. the styling looks gorgeous now!

but it was an ap url, so that explains why it's only displaying five generations. i didn't realize it cuts off the lineage to five for ap eggs, though! that's interesting.

Has anyone successfully raised a zombie yet?

*edit* Failed twice

Edited by LoveOfTheMoonChild

Finally got a zombie. Not sure whether to feel happy or guilty.

Congrats! You're the first success I've seen reported. o3o