Obscure_Trash

Darken/Thicken Lines in Lineage

So this came up in another thread that people with vision issues were having trouble following the new lineage view.

I would like to see these vision issues addressed rather than people just left wanting to go back to the old view. So the solution to one of these issues seems fairly simple: darken/bolden/thicken the lineage lines a bit so that they are easier to see.

{X}

Also, notice I mentioned I have to look straight at something to see it. The branch bars are so pale snd skinny I can't tell where they are most of the time.... While that is a good compromise, it still has the issue of hard-to-see lines in the main view. The cells had bolder lines in the old view to be honest. Bolder is easier for me to see.

If there are other fixes for vision issues you have, feel free to post them here.

I'm all for darkening the lineage lines. They are hard to see and sometimes disappear on my phone.

All for this. I can see just fine (well, with glasses) and I still sometimes lose the lines. They really do blend in with the background a bit too much.

Yes, please.

I'm the player quoted in the OP. Like I mentioned, my vision issues make it very hard for me to track dragons in the new lineage style. If the lineage starts to get above say 6th gen, I start losing the dragons and can't track them due to the lines around them and connecting them being thin enough enough so as to be hard for my eyes to see.

It's also partially a contrast issue as well as a size issue, which many visual impairments can create. The lines are also a darker version of the backgrounfd colour. Which looks nice in theory but in prsctice is hard for someone with visual impairments to follow.

For me? I'd be MUCH happier if the lines were bolded or bolded and changed to black.

I would be fine with this suggestion. It's a solution to the people who have a problem, and not a big deal to those who don't. Support!

Absolutely all for this. Either thickening them or changing the color to something that stands out better against the scroll color--darker black or something, idk. Thickening them is probably the better answer, though.

Edited by silver_chan

Thickening or darkening the lines would definitely help with this issue.

Another possible solution could be picking a color for them that contrasts the background rather than blends in with it. (One idea being the red/maroon on the logo.)

The problem is, there's a fine line between making it visible and making it look horrible when it comes to contrasting colors.

That's why I like making the line thicker, darker too if needed, but keeping the current hue.

I would still prefer going back to the old cell structure, but bolding the lines of the new version would help.

This. I would prefer completely outlined cells, but if there's just no hope of them returning, then by all means, make the lines more visible!

Lineages seemed more comprehensible to me in the old format, really -- there's a reason why horse breeders use this style, in preference over any other. The other common form is like this, in which the lines still connect clearly outlined boxes, so that the eye can follow an unbroken line from name to name.

You hardly ever see this style, because it's harder for the eye to follow the connections when there is no outline around the name. The gaps require more mental effort to cross.

And in all of the above, the connecting lines are thicker and/or darker than what we have in the cave at present!

Edited by Kelkelen

I would be fine with this suggestion. It's a solution to the people who have a problem, and not a big deal to those who don't. Support!

Pretty much this.