Obscure_Trash

Differentiated Egg for Two-Headed Dragons

Oops... the 10 that I put in my chart is the 16 that Olympe made. I just mixed myself up and made myself think that it was made using 10. I haven't actually made a version of the split egg with 10. I'll do that when I get back to my computer. Sorry about that...

EDIT!

Here's an updated chart that has correct labels and all of the different versions of the split egg:

user posted image

Again, I apologize for mislabeling 16. I don't know how that happened but it's now been fixed.

I'm loving all this feedback!!! Please give more!!!

In 16, could you perhaps extend the two pixels before the lowermost line to three pixels to the outside and associated therewith make the two pixel lines in the row above stay two pixels, so a further row above the line would be one pixel only on each side? It just seems to need some more smoothening there, in my opinion, and that small change should do it.

With that little change, I think 16 and 12 are my favorites.

Edited by xDragonia

the bump doesn't do it for me.

Realistically speaking, eggs are the shape they are because they are some what "soft" coming out, they firm up seconds after. so the very round end of the egg comes out first while the pointier end is last. There is no logical reason for an egg with two bumps. Larger eggs, more elliptical perhaps. Two headed snakes, turtles, tortoise come from normal shaped eggs.

I would go with the post of vrack's 6 or 10

In 16, could you perhaps extend the two pixels before the lowermost line to three pixels to the outside and associated therewith make the two pixel lines in the row above stay two pixels, so a further row above the line would be one pixel only on each side? It just seems to need some more smoothening there, in my opinion, and that small change should do it.

16 is still my fave. 12 would be next, but I like 16 the most by far.

I agree with the above, though. Good eye.

I believe this is what you were describing:

user posted image

EDIT:

Here's what that looks like as just an outline:

user posted image

Edited by Vrack

I'm in with the "I like 16 best, 12 2nd best" crowd. smile.gif

I'm gonna pitch in with another vote for 16 and then 12. I like it still being obviously egg shaped, and 16 has a fairly...hefty look about it which I think suits.

I'm in with the "I like 16 best, 12 2nd best" crowd. smile.gif

I'm gonna pitch in with another vote for 16 and then 12. I like it still being obviously egg shaped, and 16 has a fairly...hefty look about it which I think suits.

Now is your favorite the original 16 or the altered 16 (now called 21)?

dry.gif

having the drakes smaller was brilliant ..

this is an unnecessary change but an interesting idea

half the fun is hunting ... not being spoon fed

dry.gif

having the drakes smaller was brilliant ..

this is an unnecessary change but an interesting idea

half the fun is hunting  ... not being spoon fed

You cannot see the size of eggs while they are sitting in the cave. Also, a new player does not necessarily know these dragons re a seperate breeding group. Also, you can argue for any seperate breeding group being plain as day. These just help differentiate dragons.

The bulkier eggs also make sense, what with the two heads needing space in the egg.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

You cannot see the size of eggs while they are sitting in the cave. Also, a new player does not necessarily know these dragons re a seperate breeding group. Also, you can argue for any seperate breeding group being plain as day. These just help differentiate dragons.

The bulkier eggs also make sense, what with the two heads needing space in the egg.

smile.gif

in the biomes all the eggs are exactly the same ...

although I do see your point ... I do not see the point of further changes

Now is your favorite the original 16 or the altered 16 (now called 21)?

I feel like the difference is negligible.

However, looking at close-ups first and the regular size afterwards, I like the original 16 slightly better (even though the lines of 21 make more sense when zoomed in).

I feel like the difference is negligible.

However, looking at close-ups first and the regular size afterwards, I like the original 16 slightly better (even though the lines of 21 make more sense when zoomed in).

Hm, that's the complete opposite of what I think! I feel like 21 looks rounder at the bottom.

The transition from 16's bottom line is more severe than 21 and because of this, the bottom of 16 doesn't look like a shape that'd exist in nature. However, the bottom of 21 has a more gradual transition that translates into a shape that seems more likely to be found in an actual egg.

Here's a compilation of most of the eggs that've been made:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image (These have basically been knocked out of the running)

user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

It seems that right now the most popular are 21, 16, and 12. Others that have been given attention are 10 & 6. If there are any that you'd like to see with the split egg pattern applied, please let me know; I'm more than happy to show what they'd look like. Also, if there are any changes to existing outlines that you'd like to see made, I'd love to show what's possible.

Edited by Vrack

So, it seems like these are the top eggs:

Should a poll be made to choose the favorite out of all of them?

So, it seems like these are the top eggs:

Should a poll be made to choose the favorite out of all of them?

Yeah, a poll would be good with those. One thing though... 10 seems a little too round to be natural. Oh well, if people agree it will show up in the polls!

Since some of those are really similar, you'd better make it a choice between 10 (which is very similar to 6), 21 (which is very similar to 16) and maaaybeee 12, not to mention 0 (no change).

To you 10 might be too round to be natural, to me the different shape gives it a nice extra difference from the normal egg.

I agree with Olympe on the slim down to the voting, although it probably wouldn't be horrible if they were just all put up to vote. But if 0 (no change) is put in, make it clear that that is the current egg, an option for people who do not want a change, rather than being an option for a change.

What if the poll grouped similar eggs together like this:

- No change (0)

- Rounded egg (6 or 10)

- Widened & sort of round egg (12, 16, or 21)

Then after we get the results of that, we'd decide which of the options inside the one that won we want to use. So if the last option won, the next poll would have 12, 16 and 21 as options.

I feel like 12 is somewhere between the rounded eggs and the widened & sort of round eggs, so it feels awkward to group it with either group.

I feel like 12 is somewhere between the rounded eggs and the widened & sort of round eggs, so it feels awkward to group it with either group.

Yeah, I understand that. So the options would be:

- No change (0)

- Rounded egg (6 or 10)

- Widened and rounded egg (12)

- Widened & barely rounded egg (16 or 21)

Another thing that I just realized is we'll have to make a new cracking sequence for whatever outline gets chosen. That's a whole other exciting process to go through.

To you 10 might be too round to be natural, to me the different shape gives it a nice extra difference from the normal egg.

I agree with Olympe on the slim down to the voting, although it probably wouldn't be horrible if they were just all put up to vote. But if 0 (no change) is put in, make it clear that that is the current egg, an option for people who do not want a change, rather than being an option for a change.

Don't get me wrong I love the unique qualities of it to set it apart from the other egg types, but if it's not natural, then it shouldn't be in the cave.

But... I refrain since apparently there are eggs that are perfectly round (however rare though), which would seem plausible as there are less two-headed dragons in the cave.

Don't get me wrong I love the unique qualities of it to set it apart from the other egg types, but if it's not natural, then it shouldn't be in the cave.

But... I refrain since apparently there are eggs that are perfectly round (however rare though), which would seem plausible as there are less two-headed dragons in the cave.

Each egg has its own pros and cons. Everyone should make sure they balance all of them when the poll gets put up.

Speaking of the poll, it's been a little while since Sock last posted in this thread so I'll PM them asking for a poll to be put up with the options I've created.

I'm still following. Just haven't had anything to comment on and was waiting for edits to finish up before updating again. Polls have been disallowed in S/R, though, and I'd like to respect that. I think it's fine to choose a "most popular" egg from comments, anyway. If TJ does agree to change/update the eggs and wanted to see something else, he could easily request it. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I'm still following. Just haven't had anything to comment on and was waiting for edits to finish up before updating again. Polls have been disallowed in S/R, though, and I'd like to respect that. I think it's fine to choose a "most popular" egg from comments, anyway. If TJ does agree to change/update the eggs and wanted to see something else, he could easily request it. ^^

Ah, ok. I'll go back and tally up what everyone's favorites seem to be.

EDIT:

In the list below, a slash means it's someone's favorite, and a comma means it's someone's second choice.

6: /

10: /,

12: /,,,,

16: /

21: //

Based on this, 21 technically "is the favorite." However, I think there are some people who've made comments in this thread but haven't actually expressed which outline is their favorite.

Edited by Vrack