GalaxyPassion13

Technicolor Sketches and Art by Galaxy

_.-~* Welcome!!*~-._

-

I've been meaning to make an art thread for a while, so now I'm finally getting around to it. Maybe I'll post some poetry/writing every now and then, but it's gonna be mainly artistic thinger majingers. I've been doing art (seriously) since February this year so I'm a rookie and have been focusing on mainly humans, but I really hope to expand to dragons and learn more animalistic anatomy.

I'll take requests! biggrin.gif Within reason, of course.

I mainly do digital and I use Clip Studio Paint, but am obsessed with copics and planning on starting up with pencils and watercolor. I could go on for hours about what I want to do with my art and everything but for the sake of sweet sanity, let's move on.

I also take critiques! If you have any constructive criticism to offer, do tell biggrin.gif

I've got a Deviantart, but it's pretty outdated and I haven't updated it much. My Instagram is Wintergalaxy.art and much more updated. I don't share personal shtuff on there, just art.

If you wanna request a thing just post below.

• Gotta be a human or dragon

• If you want a background, please don't make it too crazy.

• I can draw other lil animals but be aware I suck at animals.

• Also be aware I'm much better at girls than guys

And this kinda goes without saying, but please don't use my art unless you requested it or I say otherwise.

_.-~* Examples, yay! -*--

Humans

rip quality

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Dragons

If you click on it, it'll take you to one with a background biggrin.gif

user posted image

Other various things I'm just gonna link so that this OP won't get too big:

(In order of how long ago I did them so some are kinda outdated)

Hobbits can be adventurers, too

A bunch of face sketches

Traditional cyborg with Copics

Traditional rainforest girl hair thing with Copics

An Instagram bird for when they changed their logo

Galaxy Girl

Escapism

Requests pendinggg:

OC for AroaraAngelWolf

Dragon for Esko_the_Wolf

Requests finisheddd:

Frostbite in snow for Raptor of Dragons

Bolt with broken shackles/ties for Rampaging Wyvern

Edited by GalaxyPassion13

Omg, this art is amazing. Can I request that you do a Frostbite Dragon in the snow? If you can't do snow, that's fine

Omg, this art is amazing. Can I request that you do a Frostbite Dragon in the snow? If you can't do snow, that's fine

Thanks! I'll try my best, Frostbites are so pretty. I've never done snow but we'll see how I manage xd.png

Alright, no worries, if you can't manage snow, don't worry about it smile.gif

Ooh, can I request a Bolt dragon covered with broken shackles and ties? No background required!

Ooh, can I request a Bolt dragon covered with broken shackles and ties? No background required!

Sure! Added to the list biggrin.gif

This took a bit longer than I anticipated, sorry D: Lots of stuff happening for back to school things.

But here it is biggrin.gif You can click on it for a high-res version.

user posted image

I wasn't too proud of the snow, but I do like how the ice turned out. Loooooots of layers. The dragon took freaking forever to draw, it's gonna be the last time I do a 3/4 perspective for a while xd.png

This took a bit longer than I anticipated, sorry D: Lots of stuff happening for back to school things.

But here it is biggrin.gif You can click on it for a high-res version.

user posted image

I wasn't too proud of the snow, but I do like how the ice turned out. Loooooots of layers. The dragon took freaking forever to draw, it's gonna be the last time I do a 3/4 perspective for a while xd.png

ohmy.gif so pretty <3 thank you for that beautiful image smile.gif

I might ask you to do a OC of mine, that is if you could do a male fox boy xd.png for me males are simpler then females (less curves I have no idea why!) You have a watcher, that's for sure!

@Raptor of Dragons, no problem! It was so fun to paint.

@AroaraAngelwolf, I'm totally down for it, if you want me to. I'm the opposite, guys are a lot harder for me. They always end up like sticks if I don't use a reference xd.png

And I'm glad to hear it! biggrin.gif

And I meant to include this in the OP, but I forgot to add it when I first created the thread, but

I'm also taking critiques!

I'm obviously really new at dragons so if anyone has any tips to offer or spot ongoing flaws in my anatomy etc please don't be afraid to tell me biggrin.gif (Constructively)

Reference? Duely noted! I use references too (in some of my drawings it's kinda obvious from the pose when compared side by side. xd.png ) I'll provide them after you finish with tho bolt! smile.gif

That frostbite dragon looks so gorgeous jgadvfjhbjhw I love the widespread wings.

Well, if you're eager for criticism, I can give you some recommendations:

'Aerial perspective' is when something gets less detailed and more blue (under regular daylight conditions, at least) the farther away it is. It can give your backgrounds a lot of depth, and I recommend investigating it and using it more often. It also helps a lot with atmosphere.

For your anatomy, I think your hind legs are getting too narrow near where they are joined to the body.

I think you could get more color theory into your works- blending or overlaying analogous colors onto your stuff can make it nicer to look at. (eg, a mild blue-purple gradient from head to tail on a feature such as back spikes or even the body itself)

Edited by kastrex

That frostbite dragon looks so gorgeous jgadvfjhbjhw I love the widespread wings.

Well, if you're eager for criticism, I can give you some recommendations:

'Aerial perspective' is when something gets less detailed and more blue (under regular daylight conditions, at least) the farther away it is. It can give your backgrounds a lot of depth, and I recommend investigating it and using it more often. It also helps a lot with atmosphere.

For your anatomy, I think your hind legs are getting too narrow near where they are joined to the body.

I think you could get more color theory into your works- blending or overlaying analogous colors onto your stuff can make it nicer to look at. (eg, a mild blue-purple gradient from head to tail on a feature such as back spikes or even the body itself)

Thank you!

I've heard of aerial perspective (or, observed it) and meant to incorporate it a while ago, but gosh, I've totally forgotten about it. Hopefully I'll remember now that you've brought it up unsure.gif It's a really cool technique biggrin.gif

The other tips really help also, thank you happy.gif Color theory's a really interesting concept and I know I struggle a bit with a limited pallet (or something like that)

The frostbite looks so good! Everything looks so nice and sparkly. biggrin.gif I'd love an OC of mine in your style actually.

I did a tiny copic thing biggrin.gif

user posted image

Aaaaand now I'm starting on the Bolt

@AroaraAngelwolf, sorry, I didn't see your post before :0 I'm totally the same, except for the figures up I did up in the OP, those were for practice so I completely ripped off the photograph xd.png (aside from the clothing)

@Maaters, sweet, thanks! I'd look forward to it. poptartFINALTINY.gif

@RampagingWyvern,

Okie, so here’s the new and improved (nearly identical) version:

Click the image for high res or click here for one with a white background

user posted image

So, yeah, if you want one without lightning, (or with any changes) just ask biggrin.gif The pose may look a bit funky, but if you stare at it long enough it’ll look better xd.png I know staring at the same piece for hours makes everything look pretty normal.

Oooooh beautiful, the slinky build of a Bolt translates wonderfully into that! That's Spuma right there, the Bolt with the chains that bite (aka conduct electricity yeah his captors never thought that through).

Oh man, I know what it's like to be staring at a piece for so long that you overlook things o-o I'm known to spent over a dozen hours on pieces, but flipping the thing upside down can help you spot the things that really matter!

~speedy edit~ what's this claim of being unprofessional? //shuffles SOME half-botched stuff discreetly under the carpet

Edited by rampaging wyvern

Oooooh beautiful, the slinky build of a Bolt translates wonderfully into that! That's Spuma right there, the Bolt with the chains that bite (aka conduct electricity yeah his captors never thought that through).

Oh man, I know what it's like to be staring at a piece for so long that you overlook things o-o I'm known to spent over a dozen hours on pieces, but flipping the thing upside down can help you spot the things that really matter!

~speedy edit~ what's this claim of being unprofessional? //shuffles SOME half-botched stuff discreetly under the carpet

*awkwardly slides from one post to another*

Thank you! I̶ m̶a̶y̶ n̶o̶t̶ u̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶t̶a̶n̶d̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶ r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶c̶e̶

Oh yeah, my program lets me flip the piece vertically and horizontally, but I'm so bad about using that trick xd.png I'm so glad you like it! biggrin.gif

Sweet bolt Dragon! It's gorgeous!

*jumps excitedly* my turn!

Ok, so much OC is Jeremy. this is his face and eye close up (eyes yellow green and his eye marks are a red orange like a fox) this is his marks and tail (you don't have to do these entirely just like a black mark on his wrist or something that isn't covered or cover it all, your choice xd.png)

AND....!

reference pose for ya (if you draw his tail like that, don't worry about the marks, they are on the top side of his tail, just don't forget the orange tail tip!) Oh, and feel free to go nuts on clothes (he's a mid Victorian era character but anything works with the handsome devil wink.gif )

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Nice art, nice art c:

May I request? I'd like this girl, please. I don't have a particular pose in mind, preferably something fierce. With her grinning.