Mikasa361

Warped: Multifandom signup/ooc thread

@Raptor

I saw your OoC comment on the RP thread. Just in case you missed my post above, I could use a post from Zoey and Globbers so I could make a post for Beleg. ^^

I'm not letting Tenebra go to sector 6, cuz Daughter won't surive that. Unless Tenebra gets assaulted by DotM AND multiple King Shadow Giants at once... probably what'd happen, but well, then it'd be dumb for Tenebra to go to sector 6, so still, makes even more sense in fact. xd.png

So, I'm thinking of joining this, to start off with RP on this website, but I have some questions first.

Characters that can easily travel between dimensions, should they not be included for sake of the setting? Such as Worm's Contessa (or any cape post-Golden Morning, really).

Also, characters with information-gathering abilities/future or past sight, should they also be exluded to preserve mystery (Leto II, Muad'Dib, The Simurgh, Scion...)?

See, that's a toughie, since I want to include any character from any fandom. But for the sake of the RP, and so as to be fair to everyone else, I'd rather not have characters that can dimension travel (after all, then it would be feasible for some characters to go home, if not all of the heroes). As for future sight, in this case it wouldn't be a good idea. It makes it all too easy to fight villains (and win), and then there's a risk that the answer to the whole mystery behind the multiverse (whatever that is, I'm still working it out) may be given away. Though it would be interesting if some characters knew their fates and tried to change them. Still, I'd rather not go there.

Mind reading..... hm. That one is really tough. I'm gonna say no. But here's why: The main reason is that if a character is able to read another's thoughts, it's a little invasive. You'd have to go through the hassle of asking someone else to read their mind every time you want to do that. And doing that all the time is both invasive to another character (I mean, reading into another's personal thoughts?) and just plain OP. A character can find out an enemy'a weak spot, emotionally or physically, and take them down in one fell swoop. Although that's fine if it were a weak enemy, the heroes should face some degree of challenge in the RP. I dunno, that's my reasoning.

However, if you really want to play a character that hapoens to have these abilities, you may want to consider limiting their abilities. If they can time travel/ dimension travel in the canon, you may want to cut that ability entirely, if not severely limit it.

I do apologize for limiting your character choices. sad.gif It's just unfair if I allow those things. You're still more than welcome to join though! Welcome! smile.gif

I dunno, I'm waiting for Esko to post so I can post as Zoey and I don't see anyone really else posting. I'd say you need to start pming people.

I posted for Voltalia awhile ago. Finally have an idea for sector 7, waiting on another post. Mage said on Choice chatzy she was pretty busy. That was a few days ago.

Edit: welp. Actually waiting for tomorrow tbh.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

The Simurgh's entire schtick is using precognition and telepathy to mentally ruin people/civilizations (she doesn't ask for or need permission, either), so she's out. Scion's precognition is pretty limited, even in canon, due to the energy required to use it. But it's Path to Victory, not just precog, so I should just cut that out completely (PtV being essentially "**** you I win"). His dimension hopping is harder, though. Due to spoilers, if he lost that, he'd die. Contessa is another PtV user.

Luckily, there are many more characters in the fiction. But dimension travel is a kinda major theme at times, so a few of them I'll avoid. I'll edit this with a character sheet when I'm not on mobile.

EDIT: Character sheet.

Picture: user posted image

Name: Eidolon (David)

Fandom: Worm

Hero or Villain: Hero

Alignment: Hard to say, as most characters in Worm aren't supposed to fit into one set morality. Neutral Good?

If a villain: In charge of a sector or roaming free? N/A

Sector number (If villain in charge of a sector) and description of sector (if you wish): N/A

Appearance: Eidolon wears a blue-green skintight suit with a hood and cape and with sleeves that drape over his hands. The interiors of his hood and sleeves are filled with a green light. In his civilian identity, he is described as a plain-looking man, with thinning hair and a worn-out face, more like an average man dressed as Eidolon for a costume party than the hero himself.

Personality: Quiet and calm, Eidolon's presence is nevertheless intimidating, despite his demeanour. Partly due to his status as one of the Triumvirate, the strongest heroes on the planet. He derives his purpose for living from helping others and preparing himself to face the inevitable end of the world, which he has worked his whole life as a cape for.

Relationship to canon character (if applicable): N/A

History: Born with a severe illness that confined him to a wheelchair and caused him to suffer regular seizures, he tried to become more independent and applied for the army, only to be turned down and entered further depression as a result. He was then approached by Doctor Mother, the leader of the organization known as Cauldron, who gave him his powers and cured his disease. He later went on to found the Protectorate, the United States' superhero organization, alongside Hero, Legend, and Alexandria.

Sexuality: Heterosexual, presumably (his personal life isn't often touched on in the story, but he's never stated to be anything but, unlike Legend)

Weapon/Special Power: Eidolon is rated by the PRT as a "Trump 12", someone who's power revolves around manipulating superpowers themselves. He's the second strongest in this field, surpassed only by the delusional supervillain Glaistig Uaine. Eidolon can access up to three abilities at a time, decided by what his Passenger (basically an eldritch abomination that controls a portion of someone's superpower) thinks he needs at the time. It takes several minutes for these abilities to fully manifest once he calls on them, and they can't be swapped out while they're still manifesting. His power itself is slowly weakening, only ever returning to full strength when he's facing a worthy opponent, leading him to throw himself into conflicts against powerful foes whenever he can. He overall has little control over the ability, only able to give a general idea of what he wants, while his Passenger does everything else. In his words: "My life, always in the hands of greater powers." (For the purposes of fairness, all of his dimension travelling or future sight abilities have been either locked out or obfuscated, which also fits into the theme of him slowly losing control).

My favourite fiction is definitely Worm, if it wasn't obvious enough.

Edited by SogYothoth

SogYothoth- And you're good to go! I'm updating the list. Just state what sector you're starting in, so that Dusky may update that list.

It's okay, Mage. We're still waiting on Esko too, but he's got to do the school thing and the band thing.Hopefully he posts soon though.

Edited by Mikasa361

Sorry guys, I can't post from... well, look at my signature. Yes, I'm being lazy about the dates. I'm at Space Camp, and I only have 30 min of Internet/day during it, which is going to Flight Rising and hatcheries.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Also, should I make a Google doc of the sectors' appearances? Just in case anyone wants to make a map or need to reference the appearance of the sector so that we don't always have to keep going back and forth through this thread. And is there a way I can make viewers anonymous, or do I just have to make the document public and it automatically does it? I suck at this newfangled technology. X'D

-ALSO- It may be a good idea for us to announce when we are moving into new sectors. That way we can keep track of where everyone is. Dusky, if you can make a Google doc of that (since you've made a list of starting sectors) that would be wonderful. smile.gif That way it can be edited without going through a bajillion posts.

I can do the Google Doc when I get back. I believe making it publuc works for letting everyone view - they'll be anon as long as they aren't signed into a Google account. If anyone has a device that opens it automatically in Google Drive app, opening it on a new tab should stop that.

At this point Jodis and DotM are in sector 6, Murtaugh is in sector 12, Tenebra is in sector 5, Jude is in sector 4 and Zoroark is... somewhere.

Also, compared to the Subnet this is actually a quiet pleasant world to be stuck in. Most of the subnet is either underground or in a void, only some parts of the subnet actually have open air with a blue sky. The lab, the ancient section, the temple and one of the layers of the area where Submachine 8: the Plan takes place are the only of those that I can remember. I don't count the lighthouse because it's buried to the nock, and if you get out the only part that's above the ground, you've succesfully left the subnet.

Well, Murtaugh is already very intruiged by the sector and now he's at least kinda welcome - a lot more welcome than in sector 13 - he's gonna stay there to learn more about it. He won't stalk Dedan though, he'll just wander about and explore the sector. What means I have to look up information on it. xd.png

Gonna be pretty fun when Dedan finds out Murtaugh can create portals. I'm just imagining him going like "efficiency is going to increase so much!"

Also, the portal he made in sector 15 is still there, and will always be. Just for if someone were to stumble into sector 15 once.

I'm gonna wait until the sector descriptions have been consolidated. Just so I don't need to sift through posts to find who is where and what everything looks like. Also, can I reserve Sector 3 for later use?

Edited by SogYothoth

Sectors 1-7, 9-13 and 15 are in use already, and sector 8 has been reserved for mage. Sector 14 is still open, but needs to be filled with something that would make Murtaugh want to get the hell out of there. Sectors 16-20 are completely free to use.

Yeah, some sectors have an NPC villain, and some don't have a villain at all. For the most recent list of sectors -which is almost competely up-to-date - you can check page 8 of this thread.

Sector 15 is just a civilized area that's not controlled by a villain (yet). It looks like Mikasa's description of unoccupied sectors in the OP. Sector 14 was threatening enough to make Murtaugh (a pretty old, one-armed genius whose only power is creating portals) want to get the hell out of it, but is still free to be filled in with anything that fits that description.

Has anything significant happened that regards the interactions I'm in?

Well, Dreamshade is currently wrapping Rey (and Volatalia) up in vines, but for the rest I don't think so. Xhirra and Luke are still just in their conversations (Xhirra with Han Solo and Natevaelle and Luke with Zoey, as far as I remember) and not much has changed about the situation with the dragons yet. smile.gif

I think I'll have David start off in sector 7. He's probably gonna be convinced that the whole thing's some kind of weird Shaker power.