spatio

ANSWERED:Vampire Sprite Update

I'm kind of attached to the original sprites.

The new ones look good, but that talent could be better applied to other/new dragons.

user posted image => user posted image

I had to add another shade but tbh I don't like it. :2 It needs to be broken in areas, I tried to fix the contrast because I felt it was an issue, but it still seems like it's too high for a less grainy shading style.

I could have done it wrong but I don't want to work on it any more tonight.

(I added the "before" pic for reference due to new page. Sorry for messing with your quote.)

To me, it certainly looks like an improvement.

The vampire sprites definitely need to be updated, they're the one sprite that I just find downright ugly. The new sprites are awesome; can't wait to see if they get updated!

Never, ever call any sprite "downright ugly"! Never! If there's something you don't like about it, point it out in a mature and concise manner so the spriter can see it, too - and maybe work on improving it.

(I added the "before" pic for reference due to new page. Sorry for messing with your quote.)

To me, it certainly looks like an improvement.

user posted image -->user posted image

So I wasn't happy with the old shading, and after letting it sit I finally got around to changing some things so I could be a little happier. I tried to keep it smooth, and this meant leaning really close to the monitor and seeing if it was too... gritty(?) and changing it if the dithering was too noticeable. Pixel by pixel. Mostly because I used a mouse. My tablet pen is kind of broken. Still somewhat usable, but delicate. I don't know how I'm going to do the wings...

But how do my edits look? Is it ok? Any weird spots?

I really, really love Spatio's Vamps, they look amazing!

Edited by stagazer_7