Siyaa

Collector's Spreadsheet

**Updated September 6th, 2016**

------------

So, I'm a big fan of lists and spreadsheets. It's a thing. I wasn't sure if anyone had made something like this already, so I finally sat down and made myself a spreadsheet of all of the dragons available as of this moment and which ones I had. I figured that others might find it useful as well, so here's a link! It'll take you to my Google Docs spreadsheet, but you can just copy/paste the whole thing to your own Google Drive (or a spreadsheet program if that's more your thing). biggrin.gif

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V8Y...dit?usp=sharing

Spreadsheet includes:

• Image of egg
  • Egg description
  • Breed name and link to wiki page
  • Rarity
  • Habitat
  • Whether or not there are color variations and how many
  • Checklist (column for male and female)
  • Total number of unique dragons
All the information comes from the Dragon Cave wiki, so if something is wrong or missing, please feel free to add it to your own sheet or drop a comment here! If anything isn't showing up or working for you, please let me know! Edited by Siyaa

I really like how you set up your spreadsheet. While this info is available on the wiki, I really like your simplified and way you outlined it on the spreadsheet. You may want to contact the DragonCave wiki to give them your link and they would probably be glad to either link to it or post the info in your format possibly. I don't know how that works with wiki formatting.

I've always been a big fan of somewhere "collecting" player info coordination, but I'm not sure how it works on the forums. So I like it, but I don't know how it exists as a thread of it's own. I'm happy to link to it from my Player Event & Fun & Info Whatever Thread as I think it's very useful. That said, you may want to contact some other threads to see if they want to use it as a link for player info to add to stuff they have and/or to also add a post to the "Useful DC Tips" (under Site Discussion Somewhere, forget the exact title), as mostly it's about hunting, and I think this spreadsheet would be very useful for people hunting for eggs and learning with a quick easy reference.

So I'd certainly share this thread and the link to your forum with others if you think they might be able to make use of each other because there isn't really a place we "archive useful player knowledge, spreadsheets, cheat sheets, advice/essay collections (except for perhaps most notably on the DC Wiki) on the forums themselves. But I think a general thread for "Hey I have some well organized useful DC Tips and Tricks in some Format" ideas deserve a thread of their own and a place for people to post think for people to link and use if they like. I've wanted one of those for awhile but just didn't really know how to go about creating one or where it falls within the forum organizational chartings.

So thanks for creating it, I'll use it, and I'm sorry for making a long essay, but I'd like to see a thread or segment made somewhere where users can submit things like this for other players to reference, and if it already exists for someone to let me know where it's at (unless the DC Tips Forum, which seems to mostly focus on Hunting, is going to be converted to that.)

Cheers and Thanks!

Oh wow, this is awesome. I love things like this. I love that you made it in alphabetical order. I will totally use this! wub.gif

Thank you so much for this! I have been making something 90% similar for tracking my own scroll goals but I keep abandoning progress on it because it's such a pain to deal with images on excel. rolleyes.gif

I'm glad people are finding it useful!

@natayah

I would love a big a thread like that, too. Unfortunately I'm heading into my final year of college so I wouldn't have time to manage one, but hopefully someone will pick up the idea and run with it!

@Pallidsilversky

Aww, thanks!

@Amaterasu-sama

I'm glad you like it! Dealing with images in any kind of excel or word document is a HUGE headache. I've had to deal with trying to arrange graphs and tables for formal lab reports for classes before and let me tell you. I feel your pain. tongue.gif I don't know about excel, but google sheets has an image function that will insert an image right into a cell, and that way it doesn't wander about the page or edit itself out of the blue. It's soooo nice.

This is so amazing! I love lists so, so much. In fact I already had one - but this is so much prettier <3 Thank you so much for taking the time to make such a pretty, organized list for everyone to use.

This sheet is a lot like the Dragon Cave Wiki's Which Egg is Which? page, which makes me wonder what this is for.

Is it just to keep track of what dragons you have collected already? Then, shouldn't there be a column for alts? And a column for hatchlings by stage?

- You could also label that last column as Notes, whether for your own private notes or just generic notes.

Thanks, I'm totally using this! I'll probably edit it a bit for my own purposes (I made a copy for myself, obviously) but this has many things my current spreadsheets don't.

I love the egg pics, that's a really nice touch xd.png

Btw, a couple nitpicks: if you're going to combine all the dragon descrips, Gold dragons should be with the Prize dragon eggs. And you accidentally copied the Tinsel egg twice and put it in place of the Soulpeace egg.

Edited by silver_chan

Ooh yes, I love organizing things in to spreadsheets as well. I was trying to make my own, but it was taking far too much time and it didn't look good at all. Thanks for this!

Lovely Spreadsheet!

I also love to create them, made many for other people already with all dragons from their scrolls in it and added things like "wished mates for 2nd gen Holidays" and stuff like that biggrin.gif

It's so fun and useful having them all colored and sorted by generations ~ Example of my spreadsheets are in my signature ~ I usually make a list like:

Type|Generation|Gender|Mate|Lineage (*name/*code/CB Prize name/code = optional)

I also made this Zombie's spreadsheet which can be accessed and edited by anybody to add their Zombies and click away to unlock Dragon Encyclopedia entries smile.gif

Zombies ☻

Spreadsheet has been updated to include the current available info on the August release dragons! They don't have their own individual pages yet, so they have no links to the wiki pages, and there's no info (that I know of) for their rarities yet. Other than those, though, it should be up to date!

Also corrected some mistakes (thanks silver_chan!).

------------------------------

Second update to include links to the new dragons' wiki pages and their rarities.

Edited by Siyaa

Added a neat little function that will count the number of unique dragons you have! Here's how it works: I personally use a lowercase 'x' in the "have male"/"have female" columns to mark that I have that dragon and just put multiple marks to indicate if I have multiple variations. So, the last column in the spreadsheet will now count the number of lowercase 'x's present in those columns. If you use a different mark, you can change the equation by replacing the 'x' with whatever mark you use (also change the LOWER to UPPER if you use an uppercase letter). The only downside is that it will have to be updated any time dragons are added because it gave me errors when I tried to expand the equation beyond the current number of active rows, but since dragons are only added every other month or so it shouldn't be too annoying.

If you'd like to be able to count your total number of dragons, you could add multiple marks to each row, one for each of the dragons you have, or you could just put in the number of dragons you have of each breed and gender and then sum both columns up.

My inner completionist wants to thank you so much for this. I'm just getting back into the game after such a long break, I don't know what I have and what I'm still missing at the point being x.x So yep. Awesome list.

As the forum will not allow all members with a useful tool to have a separate topic. Members may link thier spreedsheets here or we can start one topic , just for links? Feel free to pm me or an SD mod.