Lemniscate

Dreams

"Damien Hurnst...that's a positively human name if I've heard one." She chuckled a bit to herself. Damien chewed his lip a bit.

"Excuse me, but..." His voice was so unsure. "Are you a dragon?..." He looked toward the white dragon's direction before looking back to her. "Is...that a dragon? I've never heard of a Divine dragon before..."

The mention of "Divine Dragon" next to an inquisition of her lineage made her cringe. She was no Divine. They were...they were all...and she wasn't...

Laloch took a moment to rethink his questions again. Realizing he had not asked if she was a Divine, she relaxed, more easily able to answer. "As for the small one, I am merely making an educated guess. I cannot imagine why it runs about so...flagrantly..." she referred to its "dragon form", "but...as for I?" She scoffed lightly. "I am no mere dragon. I am Manakete." She offered no more explanation at this time; he may soon come to understand, if things went sour. But, for his nature, she decided against her better judgement to give him a gift before making for the door.

"Damien...yes? You may know me as 'Laloch Mahmet'su', or simply Laloch. I'm certain...we will meet again."

Edited by Sugar-Free

"Damien...yes? You may know me as 'Laloch Mahmet'su', or simply Laloch. I'm certain...we will meet again."

Damien nodded as she turned away, memorising the name. As for meeting again, he wasn't sure about that. He rarely saw anyone he'd met in the last two years again; though that was mostly because he left them, not they him. Although, looking around the room of doors he wasn't sure that they had any other choice - the white dragon had tried to leave and the door repelled him, so it was clear that whoever or whatever was responsible for this place would control their comings and goings. This place was looking more and more like a trap.

He considered what she'd said as he headed towards the so-called Divine dragon. He'd never heard of a Manakete before and part of him wondered if she'd made it up to make him leave her alone. The dragon that he'd met looked nothing like either of them - he'd had scales and horns, and his eyes were the colour of fire. Maybe they were some sort of dragon he'd never heard of before. Damien wasn't exactly an expert on the subject, after all.

Damien stopped a few feet away from the white dragon, clearing his throat to catch its attention. "Excuse me?" he said quietly, trying his best not to look threatening. "I was told you could help me..."

----Mygon----

The door glided open upon the approach, closing smoothly behind him. As soon as it did, he was enveloped in absence. It wasn't darkness, no, it was too empty for that. A completely neutral voice began to speak, its voice genderless and devoid of tone. "Materializing world... Do not attempt to teleport if you are able to do so." It rang out, everywhere yet nowhere at once. There was no gravity, no light, no smell nor sound. However, slowly light began to leak back into the nothingness. Gravity slowly returned, bringing Mygon down to the new floor. As the blurry world began to focus itself, color leaked in. When the final few details finished materializing, an invisible constraint released Mygon. The place he had materialized in appeared to be a museum of sorts, complete with interactive displays and panels of info. They were written in the same slab-language, imparting understanding into the reader. However, any information gained by reading seemed to fade away almost instantly. It was like trying to grab a slippery fish in a fast flowing river. Suddenly, the neutral voice spoke again. "Your objective is to locate your group accompanied by your partner. You must remain with your partner, you will be disqualified if you are not together by the time one of you finds the group. Your partner is right next to you, do not worry about attempting to find them. It is likewise impossible to find anyone else besides your group. Be warned: this place is more dangerous than it seems."

----Laloch----

The same materializing sequence happened for Laloch. Landing next to Mygon, she arrived just as the voice began to speak. It began to repeat every so often, seemingly sensing if a particular challenger had heard it and adjusting its volume accordingly. A particular exhibit was noticeably placed in front of her, tantalizing her with the promise of answers - the very thing she sought. It seemed so easily obtained, almost as if were an oversight in the creation of the museum. A few steps would bring her to it, and indeed it was so close the very floor seemed to urge her forward. It was hypnotizing, drawing her in and tugging at her very soul.

((Please only make one post each after this, so I don't lose control @.@ I'd prefer if Laloch posted first.))

The nothingness faded to reality as Laloch found herself in a strange, colored room of sorts. As the particle-fuzz in her vision cleared, she took a quick look to her immediate left and right. Her heart jumped as she noticed the human-boy next to her, bow ever-present with its fatal enchantments. She went toward him, as if to curse or strike out at him. Before she could, her eyes were draw to many upright panels, crafted from some material unknown to her before.. Laloch stopped.

"This...! What is this?!"

The room was aglow with ambient light. The panels shifted images and seemed to buzz, thriving with energy. Laloch took it upon herself to approach, ever wary of this new surrounding. She was especially attracted to a group of panels situated around a flat table, made of the same clear and durable substance. She found it hard to focus on the unfamiliar runes, even when they twisted and reshaped to be read in her own language. Finding it too ungainly to read all the panels, she focused on the table--beneath its surface, images were being projected.

"What is this illusory magic?"

She placed her palms against the cool surface, fingers dragging and settling with sweat, and watched as several familiar forms came by accompanied by text. What she saw floored her.

"I-impossible! No!"

Before Laloch was a moving picture, displaying the too-familiar valley of her home. Her blood ran cold as she watched Mahmet standing in the dark of the foliage, being flocked by wyverns trying in vain to protect their cousin. One bounded in front of her, and was promptly stricken down by Thunder magic, but not before buffeting away the elderly Wind mage to safety. They...they tried so hard to help... Laloch felt tears prickle behind her eyes. She remained steadfast and strong, forcing back emotion even as Mahmet stood her last stand, being pierced with two poisoned arrows. Mahmet stumbled, the blur of green energy of Wind dissipating as her casting hand fell, and she dropped to her knees and chest.

She did not rise again.

"Mother..."

The video flashed forward...or perhaps backward to the visage of a tall, elegant woman; she was clad all in delicate antique rose-pink, and upon her leaf-green hair was a slim circlet. She gazed out upon a distant sea, lit queerly in eldritch twilight. To her side, a man with pointed ears and a sturdy build, black-brown hair falling about his square shoulders and masculine face. His eyes, Laloch noticed, were maroon-red, with black scleras--an Earth dragon, unsullied by madness.

Before Laloch could properly process what she had beheld, flames engulfed the precious couple, flaring up into a stretch of razed pasture. Among the tinder of trees and grasses lay many paladins and their steeds, and great stony lizards, cloaked all in blackness and corruption, writhed and burst from the parched ground. Somewhere, away in an ephemeral mirror, a collection of elderly dragons shook their head in spite.

The Great Segregate...

And now, at last, the flame consumed the images and swirled away to reveal...Laloch herself.

In a dark temple, at the edge of existence she kneeled, awaiting the inexorable. All around, ancient vines thick as snakes and thin as hair curled and creeped between the blue-grey stone. She was alone, for now, and her eyes were closed. Laloch mimicked her twin gravely: "He is coming."

As if on cue, a single man, wielding a shining halberd shimmering with the blessing of Thunder approached. The light emitted peeled back the safe comfort of the oppressive darkness, and set him shining and radiant. Long gone now was the face of a poor human farm-boy. This was a hero, navy locks swept back from his face and lengthened with time, his braided and engraved silver armor reminiscent of his roots in the south-central. Though weathered and christened with knightliness, he still held a sense of garish humbleness in his gait. Laloch could feel her stomach heave as other Laloch failed to reach for her Dragonstone. She grabbed both edges of the screen, her grip so powerful it bit into her flesh. She didn't care. Not at all.

What? What am I doing?! Kill him!!! Kill him before he kills you!!!

But her ghost would not listen. The hero-boy walked up to her, only one hand wielding the immense polearm. And still, Laloch would not move. Instead, she merely bowed her head and shut her eyes. Laloch screamed.

"NO! NO! NOOOOO!!!"

The man extended his arm. Laloch knew he was reaching for his weapon, to put as much strength as possible in his killing blow. The image flicked to Laloch's profile once more before showing the weapon--

Gliding down--

A blur of unholy injustice--

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!"

Her hands flung from the table as she reeled. Her home! Her family?! And her dea--?!

Laloch gasped and shuddered out a breath. Her hands went to her head. She was dazed, confused, trying to grasp for the b--

"What...was I doing?" Her adrenaline surged and her heart throbbed. Again, she found the table and searched it. Again, she saw mom-- dragon-- boy-- light-- saved?--

And it was gone. Laloch lurched forward and fell against the table, nearly retching. Her mind spun around and around, seeking a single direction to focus. Why...? Why is this happening...?

She gagged a couple more times before her stomach settled, realizing she had nothing to expulse. Laloch slid her arms up under her chest. The familiar pangs of regret and fear crept into her eyes and throat as she caught her breath. When she finally recovered, she smacked her hands against her eyes and stepped back, laughing at the cruelty.

"This place...is a blasted curse..."

Edited by Sugar-Free

----Laloch----

Indeed, the maze-like museum was far crueler than it seemed. Faint mocking laughter seemed to echo in Laloch's head, reveling in her unhappiness. It began to morph in her head, suddenly becoming a voice right above her. Looking up, she saw an illusion of Mygon aiming an arrow at her. Not that she knew it was an illusion, of course, since it was highly realistic. Electricity began to crackle around the arrow, gathering power as the illusionary Mygon pulled the bowstring back. "It's over, dragonling." the illusion smirked, letting the supercharged arrow fly towards her heart. As the arrow sailed onwards, laughter swirled around Laloch, taunting and mocking her failure to protect her home.

((The arrow won't kill Laloch if it hits, but it'll still hurt like the real thing. It'll also cause an illusion of blood and a cut, but Laloch won't experience any symptoms of blood loss. The illusion should be realistic enough for Laloch not to realize anything unless she pays attention to small things, such as not feeling blood loss. I actually would rather you deflect the arrow than let it hit, but either is fine for me.))

----Mygon----

Meanwhile, Mygon experienced an illusion as well. As he observed Laloch, he watched as she appeared to read the panel and then grin. Turning to face him, Laloch suddenly morphed into a wyvern, the same one that had killed Agh'Nahgal. Roaring at him, the wyvern-Laloch began to rush towards him, opening its mouth wide. Rows of sharp teeth glinted in the light, threatening to rip his flesh apart. 'It'll kill you, just like it killed Agh'Nahgal.' a voice taunted gleefully, filled with delight at the prospect of Mygon dying. 'Pity you were never strong enough to kill a wyvern... I guess poor Agh'Nahgal will just have to deal with never coming back to life.' It continued, its tone sickeningly sweet. The wyvern drew dangerously close to Mygon as the voice burst out into raucous laughter, chanting, 'Weakling, weakling, you were too weak to save Agh'Nahgal.'

((Sorry for not giving you a chance to post, but I had an idea. The illusion follows the same rules as the one that Laloch's experiencing does, it'll hurt but not kill. Let's see if Laloch and Mygon can figure out what's happening and work together... before it's too late.))

((Shoutout to Draconic Translator for dragon voice!))

Laloch had little time to react. The human boy with the damned arrows hung right above her, the all-too familiar crevasse of a smirk upon his lips. His arm had drawn tight the bowstring, and nocked upon it was a Thunder arrow, glimmering with blinding light.

The string grunted as the arrow loosed. The sound of wind cut by static brought Laloch's eyes to slits.

"UuuuuraaaAAAHG!!!!!"

A boot slammed the ground. A wing snapped out. CRACK!!!

The arrow bent around the stout bone of the extended wing finger and snapped in twixt, clattering against the nearby panels and falling to the floor. The magic fled it, unable to hold form. Laloch's eyes darted around the room like a frenzied animal, trying to pin her target. She found the human. Her hand flew to her dragonstone, and she clutched it tightly, feeling the currents of magic engulf her. Her wings fully extended and enrobed her, and a blinding flash of light banished the color from the room.

-----------------

Mygon would see a great, reptilian beast stand before him where Laloch had been. Over 10 feet tall, clad in plated, shimmering olive armor with a massive wedge-shaped head and semi-feathered wings, was a dragon.

Laloch looked upon him again, her mind filled with his scathing words and vision clouded with residual Mygons. She thought about how he'd faced a wyvern. She thought about how much he'd love to kill her, as if she were that very wyvern that day. She thought about how easily she'd crush him, arrows or no arrows.

"Plythu! Wux re shio zyak plythu! Kiri susvurla vur pothoc ekess ehaism udoka loaw..releism shafaer dout vessaism vers..."

Her voice was rough with the tongue of her kin. She stepped over top of him, issuing a challenge with a short bark.

"Confn, hak! Si l'gra ehis; si geou wielga wux lae wux tira sia kurjh!"

((Dragonstone: [49/50]))

Edited by Sugar-Free

Mygon stood back surprised as the woman he had spoken earlier in the hall was staring at a table and panicking over and over again multiple times. Then suddenly, she turned into a wyvern. The exact wyvern that had devoured Agh'Nahgal. Some strange voice told him he couldn't win, he couldn't defeat this creature. But Mygon knew there was something fishy about this. Surviving in the forest has taught him to always think rationally. Although he was very familiar with magic, there were no humans that could turn into dragons, especially not where he lived.

I don't know what's going on, but this isn't really happening.

Mygon decided to shoot a flashing arrow at the ceiling, hoping the sudden burst of light would do something…

((I kinda don't want to move this too fast without other people, but at the same time it doesn't really affect the other who haven't entered yet. I'll continue since I'll probably get busier and wind up slowing the RP down unnecessarily. Best to get a little ahead now, just in case. Also did some research, is Laloch based on Fire Emblem lore?))

----Laloch----

A bright flash of light suddenly engulfed the room, blinding Laloch and throwing a brilliant white aura over everything. The illusion of Mygon disappeared, making it seem as if it had simply moved over to where the real Mygon stood during the flash of light. A fine white powder settled over the ground and the two combatants, seemingly from the flash. Closer inspection would reveal it to be the remnants of the illusion, though they quickly disappeared and "melted" into the ground. Slowly, an aura of hostility began to creep into the room, making those inside it angry and eager to fight. Everything from the aura to the illusions were executed artfully, designed to turn the entrants against each other. After all, they were unlikely to survive the following challenges if they were unable to work with others. Teamwork and trust would be two of the most important elements in their following quest, that is, if they made it that far...

----Mygon----

The flash had removed the illusion, or so it seemed. But there was still a very real, very angry dragon-Laloch standing in front of him. A sudden pain shot up his spine, disorienting him slightly and manipulating his face into a smug smile against his will. 'Smart, but not smart enough. There's still an angry dragon to deal with, and this one will kill you for real if you're not careful. Best of luck in the following events!' the voice chimed in cheerfully inside his head. As soon as it left, the aura began to creep over Mygon as well, infecting him with the same aggression. It hadn't yet progressed to the point where it would take over, however, leaving him with a small amount of time to try and convince Laloch it was all just an illusion. This time, he had a time limit to try and solve the problem.

((xd.png I'm just relying on Mygon to try and see through things while turning Laloch into an angry dragon. I'll be generous and say he has 5 of his own posts to try and convince Laloch, at which point the hostile aura will leave, but otherwise he'll have to solve it by fighting. There's some very powerful magic behind this maze, and it'll kill you if you let it. Though, do let me know if you don't like the way I'm handling the RP and I'll listen to your suggestions. The RP is meant to be challenging and have lots of risks, but I'm still mostly drawing on your actions to steer the plot. I can turn the action down later if you'd like.))

Laloch whipped her head as the boy took a stance and loosed another bolt at her. Her head swung to follow the arrow as it embedded itself in the roof above. The brilliant display of magic coursing along its body felt...visceral. She had no time to consider what it all meant.

A blinding and searing burst of white blinded her, and the sense of something shattering resounded throughout the room. Laloch shook herself all over and emitted a harsh groan, shutting her eyes hard as if to excrete the white behind her eyelids. When the pain passed and the noise dissipated, Laloch padded back a few inches. Again, before her stood Mygon, looking for all intents and purposes as if he'd seen a ghost. She whipped her tail in an nondiscriminatory manner, frustrated.

Why didn't you shoot while you had the chance?

She pronounced her disbelief with a gravely huff. Now that her heart was beginning to settle, she decided to switch back to Common.

"If you'd like a chance at slaying me, you ought to have the guts to do it. Piddling like the fleshy bag of organs you are won't win any sympathy." She angrily flexed her talons and extended her wings, flapping them several times.

"This is twice you've failed to make your mark. I won't give you a third."

Laloch's muscles stretched and tensed and she drew her head back, chest expanding and throat rushing with the sound of air inhaled.

((Dragonstone: [48/50]))

Mygon decided to make a quick summary of events. He met a winged woman in a hall full of creatures he had never seen before. The woman seemed like she disgusted Mygon, but didn't appear to have any intents of killing him. He then passed through a door, had a room materialize before him, got a task and saw the same woman besides him, who then walked to a table and screamed in agony. Then n illusion came in place, that made the woman seem to turn into the exact wyvern that had eaten Agh'Nahgal - something that's basically impossible. He managed to make the illusion fade away with a flash of light. Now, there was still a dragon in the place where she was. This dragon did look vastly different from the previous one; in fact Mygon had never seen a dragon like this before, or even heard of any. He also noticed something was slowly taking over him. He didn't know exactly what and he didn't want to find out. And now the woman turned back, seemed to think he was trying to kill her, and threatened to kill him.

Conclusion time. He had never seen winged people before, so maybe this woman is from another world, where people live who can turn into this kind of dragon. Possible. The voice that seemed to come out of nowhere should not be trusted, or treated as if it had any significance. Most likely. He had to get his way out of here before his mind was taken over. More than likely. He had to convince this woman he was not a threat to her. Certainly.

"I am not trying to kill you. I am trying to get both of us out alive. I would never make unnecessary victims. I can tell you for certain that if you ever saw me fire an arrow at you, it was not real. It did not actually happen."

Laloch halted from reducing Mygon to cinders. She scoffed at him, a residual puff of smoke escaping her maw. She angled her head up and looked down past her nostrils at him.

"And what makes you think I would trust any less than my own eyes?! You think I haven't heard similar from others of your kind? Groveling at my feet that I would not strike them where they stood?? 'Oh, no, great and illustrious dragon-kin! 'Twas not I that armed the soldiers! 'Twas not I that stocked the apothecary! 'Twas not I that inscribed the tomes, no! I had no part in assisting the man who took everything from you! Spare me! Spare me!' Pah!"

A crawling sensation ran up her scales, causing her to growl. She paced a bit before leaping toward Mygon, the force of her impart disturbing the ground. Laloch leaned close and bared her teeth.

"I know you better than you do. Humans fidget about with inane tasks and toil in hardship only to drive back their incurable urge to engage in conflict. Only out of the goodness of my heart have I allowed you to lie directly to my face. Maybe if I carve into your sappy little visage, you'll be more apt to at least try hiding it from me."

((Dragonstone: [47/50]))

Edited by Sugar-Free

Eternal Slumver heard the voice. Tge human was told that he could help that human? Umm... Eternal pnly manafed to tick off humans. He skittered back. This human wanted to talk. Not good. Not good. Humans did that. Then they tried to kill him. But where to run? This crowd was massive...

The Soulpeace backed up, ragged feathers flared. He looked around. No escape... and humans liked him better dead. Odds were this one would too when it figured out WHO he was.

Damien eyed the dragon as it flared up and looked around, clearly sizing up its chances to escape. He raised his free hand in a pacifying manner, tucking his scythe behind him as best he could; he knew lugging a weapon like that around wasn't giving out the best impression, but he wasn't willing to leave it behind. Danger could strike at any moment. To be honest, he wasn't entirely sure that Laloch hadn't led him into a trap for her own amusement.

"Look, mister... Or miss... Dragon. I'm not here to hurt you. I swear on the Stag and my eternal soul." he said in a low voice, trying to sound as harmless as possible. "I..."

He sighed deeply, feeling very tired all of a sudden. "I don't even know where I am, who you are, or what's going on. You're nothing like an dragon I've ever seen before - and neither is that Laloch lady, and she said she was a dragon, too. You're not even anything like each other. I just want to get a cure for my sickness and go home to my parents."

Batty blinked. Where was he? His ears stood in an erect manner, trying to listen to any noise that might indicate where he might be. This was a strange place and his stomach growled. He was starving and wanting food. His rather short tail twitched as something small landed on it. He looked back to see a creature bounding off it. It was cat like in appearance and seemed to be running around. Batty then looked around, trying to get used to his surroundings. He then noticed something, something he hasn't seen in such a long time. A dragon. It was with a human who seemed to be having a conversation with it. He gulped, fighting off his hunger. He needed to know how this dragon survived without his knowledge. If it did give him directions to where the food was, he would go there. He was hungry for dragon blood. "Excuse me," Batty said, giving his head a short bob towards the beautiful dragon. "I just happened to notice you're a dragon and I was wondering how you survived the humans for so long and if there are anymore dragons."

"Are you assuming all humans are the same?! Do you think, that we don't know feelings as love, sorrow and compassion?! Do you think that, just because some people have lied to you before, nobody is even able to tell the truth?!! Let me ask you this: do you actually know how to tell a human is lying? Or do you only assume certain things can't be true? Maybe, just maybe, they didn't arm the soldiers, maybe they didn't stock the apothecary, maybe they didn't inscribe the tomes. And even if they did, they might not have done it with evil intents. Maybe they did it for someone who gave them false promises of what the results would be. Oh, and you don't have to believe that I didn't do it eiter. Hate me all you want, but we both heard what we had to do. If you kill me, you won't only get me locked up in here forever, you'd give yourself the same fate."

Mygon closed his eyes after this speech. The force that was trying to take over his mind was getting stronger, he'd have to find a way to get rid of it, but how? He couldn't fire an arrow at his own mind, could he?

He opened his eyes again, prepared to get destroyed by the dragon he was facing.

At least I've done all I could to save Agh'Nahgal. I guess it wasn't meant to be. I can die in peace now.

Resentment surged through the plates conjoining across Laloch's skin. Her nerves drew her muscles tight, and her heart surged with ready blood. This...craven, wretched soft-skin, hubris-strewn slime... A thousand sights ran through her mind, each a way she'd like to tear into this cocky, ignorant sack of blood. "You're...wrong...you're all alike...you're just...like...him... " Mygon stood with his eyes shut, seemingly at peace with his scathing tirade. She snarled, rearing onto her hind legs and drawing in a deep breath, feeling the fell flame broiling just behind her palate. You won't even face death with anything but egotism. Pathetic.

A pulse emitted from the stone buried within the scutes of her chest, twinging and twisting through her like a steel wire. The barb in her side caused her to choke back the flame again, and she fell to her forelegs. The barb seemed to reach inside her mind, jamming itself into a place Laloch had willingly stayed blind to.

------------

There was a human. Once. It was a long time ago...or, it seems like it's been a long time. He was kind to me, in a time when my days were darkest. When I was alone, he offered a hand out to me, pleading that I wouldn't force him away.

But I had to. Without...I wouldn't have a purpose. I had to keep moving, even if he made me halt for him. Even if I had chosen to halt, for a moment, for him.

I told him I would never forgive him for what he was. Alone, there in the tangle of the forest, we met and parted, but we would see each other again. I will show him that I will not change. Not for him. Not for them. Not for myself.

------------

"GrrrrraaAAAAAAaAGH!!!"

Laloch weakly tried to refold her wings as she collapsed, her form morphing from the strong, reptilian beast to frail, useless humanoid. The room was engulfed in light, and it quickly receded, leaving Laloch lying limp on the floor, wings splayed. But, to her dismay, she hadn't fallen unconscious. No, she was awake, vulnerable to the rush of emotion that took her shortly afterward. She balled her fists up and lay there, fighting back tears.

What's wrong with me? What is the nature of this place that I would do something like this?

As much as she'd blame him, as much as she'd hate him, she had not considered hurting Mygon. Push him around? Certainly. Threaten him within inches of his life? Of course. But to inflict any for of mortal harm upon him? It made her chest tighten. I can't...

She stood, feeling the weakness in her knees nearly take her down again. Regardless of her revelation, she refused to be weak in front of Mygon. The fact that he had outright refused to kill her was...embarrassing, after being so impassioned about it. She flexed her wings out and rubbed her face, trying to make it seem as though she had been afflicted with some sudden illness.

Wasn't I?

"Nn...forgive me," she offered sympathy for him to take, "It seems this room seeks to provoke us into destroying each other. It's a horrid way to secure our failure..." She shook her head, looking at Mygon. "Whoever runs this game must be in fits at us. Hah...what a fool." She tilted her head. Laloch wondered for a moment if this was the mechanisms of some immortal being, seeking an easy laugh with the ant-trap they had created.

"They are worse than the least of your kind."

She folded her arms together, feeling the lingering sensation of anger in her mind.

"Seems, indeed, that you chose not to impale me upon those bolts; how else can I explain why I still stand here, by your grace. I can appreciate your feigned sense of goodness, even how fleeting I'm sure it will be."

((Edited for the sake of 'I didn't like what I had there at the end.))

Edited by Sugar-Free

Eternal Slumber skittered back, watching the raised hand, as though it would strike him. Which, to the battered Soulpeace, was a certainity hammered into him. And the scythe.... This time, his telepathy was on. What could anyone want with the Soulpeace whose magic kills instead od healing...? I'm no "Divine" - I'm a monster.

The pale dragon realized his telepathy was on. Ughhh... no! He glanced around, before dashing zway. Now they'd chase him. Try to kill him. He hurtled past doors, headed for a collision course with the edge of one's frame. Then he saw it at the last second. His wing slammed into the frame. Hard.

Crack. It didn't sound so good. Pain shot through his now-limp wing, but he ignored it, eyes wide with adrenalin and fear. Where -- the crowd was so big -- was that-- He dashed for an opening in the crowd.

The dragon/woman seemed to have finally clicked and understood what was going on. Mygon did wonder who she meant with "they", but he didn't think it was worth asking.

"Now, I propose we move on and try to "find our group", whatever that might mean. It seems that, for now, that's the only way out. Considering this place materialized out of nowhere, I don't think there's a secret exit. Especially since the creator - whatever it is - doesn't seem to want us to escape. I'd suggest we play their game until we find a way out."

((Short post, I know, but it's better than nothing. We need to move on and there's not much to do for Mygon right now.))

What could anyone want with the Soulpeace whose magic kills instead od healing...? I'm no "Divine" - I'm a monster.

Damien frowned. The word 'Soulpeace' (or was it Soulpiece? He couldn't tell) meant nothing to him at all, but he understood the killing magic part. "I'm sorry, but I don't know what you- Wait! Come back! I swore on my soul that I wasn't going to hurt you!" he managed to blurt out before the dragon turned and ran away. Again. It vanished behind a knot of people and Damien lowered his hand with a sigh; he winced when he heard a distant thud, almost as if it had ran into something.

There was no good in chasing after it. He knew that he wouldn't have reacted well to someone chasing him when he was in that state. Dragons could breath fire, ice, or lightning, and he didn't like the idea of being attacked with any of them.

"If he can't cure me, nobody can... I'll be stick with this curse forever." Damien murmured, feeling tears well up in his eyes. All of that searching, all of that pain... It was for nothing at all. He was doomed.

At a loss for what to do and overwhelmed with despair, Damien sat down and started to weep bitterly.

((I'll begin to usher the people in the main group towards the door now. If interaction doesn't begin to wrap up soon, I'll make the crowd carry the remaining people into the door. You'll get more chances to interact when you make it into the maze-museum.))

----Main Group----

Most of the crowd was dispersed now, most of them moving towards the exit portal and leaving. A select few wandered through the door, but the remaining half of the crowd milled around aimlessly. The muttering of various groups could be heard, their voices low and grim. Up until now, the voice had simply been repeating the words on the slab in the same mystery language. However, now it ceased to do so and began to repeat a new sentence. "Please enter the door or leave soon. This room shall cease to exist within one hour and those unfortunate enough to be trapped in it will most certainly die. There will be periodic announcements to report how much time has elapsed." Alarm spread throughout the group upon hearing this, causing many of the people to begin conversing in rushed tones. The ragtag groups spread along the hallway began to move towards the center and enter the door, some of them choosing to leave instead. Soon, the center of the hallway was as crowded as it had been at first.

----Mygon and Laloch----

As Laloch ceased to attack Mygon, the aggressive fog from the room lifted. It was replaced by something else, almost congratulatory in nature. The voice had fallen silent afterwards, contrasting sharply with its earlier presence. Even its usual repetition of instructions had ceased, creating an almost eerie stillness. The congratulatory feeling began to fade as well, being replaced by a subtle urging in the back of Laloch and Mygon's mind. It seemed to act like a compass, a certain something about it suggesting that it was guiding the two to the group. However, another something about it also suggested that it originated from the same source as the taunting voice. As evidenced earlier, the voice did not necessarily have the best interests of the two at heart. One could assume it was linked to the rooms, but this was not certain. The two now faced a decision. Would they trust the feeling and follow it? Or would they try and find their own path? The voice had told the truth about one thing for sure, and that was the fact that the maze was more dangerous than it seemed at first glance.

((Laloch and Mygon can go off and explore for a while. You can make up small traps/obstacles or something for your own characters if you want, but if not just stop after a few posts and I'll pop in with a trap or obstacle. Don't go too far ahead if you choose to make your own traps!))

This room shall cease to exist within one hour and those unfortunate enough to be trapped in it will most certainly die.

One hour? Good. Damien could wait. After all, what was one hour compared to two years? He sat tight were he was, sobbing silently as tears run down his face. It was pointless, hopeless. He hated being alive. He hated this place with its magic doors and the lies it fed into his head of hope and possibility. Never hope, that's what his years on the road had taught him. Never hope; hope is a lie. The only things in his future if he carried on living were pain, madness, and death. It would have been better for everyone if his parents had put him down like a rabid dog when he'd first been infected.

"An hour? An hour?" he called out to nobody in particular. "Why wait? Kill me now and have done with it! Kill me now and let the Exalted Four take my sorry soul to rest!"

Batty watched as the beautiful dragon disappeared into a crowd. He clicked his tongue, a bit disappointed. He then stared at the guy who started to cry silently. He could see the tears running down his face. "What wrong with you?" Batty asked as he lowered his head to be face level with him. Although, Batty was tired of life himself, he couldn't blame the man for wanting death.

-----------------------------------

Dreamshade grinned before he ran towards the door. He was going for the door and by gosh, he was going to have some fun.

Damien looked around at the... Actually, he didn't know what it was. What was it, even? A bat? A dragon? Both? Neither? He had no idea how he hadn't noticed something so strange hanging around before. He sniffled wetly, wiping tears off his cheeks with a filthy sleeve. For a second he weighed up the possible benefits of entrusting his story and his woes to another stranger - especially given the disappointment he'd just had - but the temptation to complain about life won out.

"This! This is what's wrong!" He poked a finger at the discoloured veins that spread across his face, then at the wood-like flesh that had crept across his arm and torso. "I have been cursed with this contagion ever since some beast infected me with it's venom. It grows, it never stops, and... It hurts. It hurts so much. I was told that that... winged newt of a dragon could help me but all it does is run! Now I'll never be cured. I'd be better off dead."

((Wangst, wangst, wangst.))

Batty listened to the man's tale of woe. Normally, he'd just eat humans and be done with it, but this human was different. It shared Batty's story, but the human was poisoned. "Batty understand," Batty said, titling his head. "Batty lived long time, seen end of food source. Batty forced to get new food source, but Batty stuck like this." Batty then stood up and spread his wings. "Neither bat nor dragon, hit by a spell gone awry, Batty wishes for death, but scared of it." Talking to this human put a strain on his vocal cords. He could talk, just very broken talk.

"Maybe Batty could talk sense into the newt dragon," Batty suggested as he folded his wings and put them on the ground to walk. "Seems like we both looking for cures."

Damien couldn't help but grin wryly at the similarities between their tales. He turned the dragon-bat's (bat-dragon's) words over in his head, comparing it to what he knew of the world. Dragons did live a long time, he knew that, but Damien wasn't sure what Batty meant by 'food source'. Damien knew all too well that many non-humans had a taste for human flesh. It may not be human beings, but it would play to be on his guard nonetheless.

"I don't think that would work. I've lived as a wanderer for long enough to know his type - they're so full of fear there's no room in them for any other feeling. And there's nothing more dangerous than a scared, cornered animal - especially a dragon. I've heard of dragons defending the capital during the Cousin's War, stirring up thunderstorms and bolts of lighting." Damien mused. He looked around the room, at all of the crowds filing their way into the door and thought about the promise that this place had offered. "Did you hear, earlier? Or see the slab? They say that this place could grant our wildest dreams? It smells too much of fae-folk for me to trust it, but... if it's true, what it says, then that could be the cure. For both of us."