Confused Cat

The "ALMOST Cool Code" Dragons Project

Welcome to the project, Cheekadee! That's a great first ACC dragon you have. smile.gif

Maybe members could post all their ACC dragons to their original post, but then just post something like "added 3 new dragons to my list" which would both bump the thread and show others when new dragons are posted, while still allowing all that user's dragons to be posted together???? Or is it too much trouble having to post two places each time you add some?

Making the list and a new post is a good idea, but it might also be too much trouble for other people to go from the new post (that says "I added 3 dragons to my list") to the member list (where all members' dragon lists are linked) and then to that member's dragon list to look at the 3 new dragons...

I can't think of a "perfect" solution that does not require posting the dragons in two places.

How about we make both of them optional though?

Each member could decide for themselves if they want to

a) only post their new dragons to the thread (the existing form, red title)

b ) make one complete list (new form, green title) in one post and edit it to add new dragons

c) do both.

Format for the complete list (replace XXX with your username):

[COLOR=green][B]List of XXX's ACC dragons[/B][/COLOR]
[url=LINEAGELINK]NAME[/url]

The dragon links are the same format as in the other form so they can just be copy-pasted.

When I encounter a post with a green "List of XXX's ACC dragons" title, I will add a link to that post next to the member's name in the member list.

This "choose whichever option you like" thing is supposed to make this thread easy to use - I hope it doesn't do the contrary...? laugh.gif

I will add it to the first post as soon as someone confirms the system sounds usable.

Edited by Confused Cat

Welcome to the project, Cheekadee! That's a great first ACC dragon you have. smile.gif

Making the list and a new post is a good idea, but it might also be too much trouble for other people to go from the new post (that says "I added 3 dragons to my list") to the member list (where all members' dragon lists are linked) and then to that member's dragon list to look at the 3 new dragons...

I can't think of a "perfect" solution that does not require posting the dragons in two places.

How about we make both of them optional though?

Each member could decide for themselves if they want to

a) only post their new dragons to the thread (the existing form, red title)

b ) make one complete list (new form, green title) in one post and edit it to add new dragons

c) do both.

Format for the complete list (replace XXX with your username):

[COLOR=green][B]List of XXX's ACC dragons[/B][/COLOR]

The dragon links are the same format as in the other form so they can just be copy-pasted.

When I encounter a post with a green "List of XXX's ACC dragons" title, I will add a link to that post next to the member's name in the member list.

This "choose whichever option you like" thing is supposed to make this thread easy to use - I hope it doesn't do the contrary...? laugh.gif

I will add it to the first post as soon as someone confirms the system sounds usable.

How about you link the name to the original thread of each user? Like if they want to look at my ACC Dragons names and instead of sitting there, scrolling all the way down just to find my post, they can go to the member page, click on my name once they find it and it'll bring them to my post.

I will have some names tomorrow wink.gif

How about you link the name to the original thread of each user? Like if they want to look at my ACC Dragons names and instead of sitting there, scrolling all the way down just to find my post, they can go to the member page, click on my name once they find it and it'll bring them to my post.

I like that idea.

And CC you seem to have missed putting me on the members list.

Here is my newest. I still have not gone back through my scroll looking for dragons to rename.

New ACC dragon

poMPl and Circumstance

@Raptor of Dragons, I think we mean the same thing, more or less? smile.gif As an example, if you put your complete dragon list in this post, then I would link it in the member list like this:

Member list

(...)

purplenewt

Raptor of Dragons - list

Cheekadee

(...)

(Of course the link can also be the member name instead of the additional word "list".)

Edit:

Oops, sorry I missed you, purplehaze! blink.gif I fixed it.

Edited by Confused Cat

@Raptor of Dragons, I think we mean the same thing, more or less? smile.gif As an example, if you put your complete dragon list in this post, then I would link it in the member list like this:

Member list

(...)

purplenewt

Raptor of Dragons - list

Cheekadee

(...)

(Of course the link can also be the member name instead of the additional word "list".)

Edit:

Oops, sorry I missed you, purplehaze! blink.gif I fixed it.

Oh right! Sorry, I'm extremely tired >..> but it's a great idea and I totally misread it

I like what Cool Codes Lineage did, but I wonder what ACC Lineage can do so it doesn't look too similar? (I'm serious, I'd like to know. I have no idea, lol) And what form are we going to use whenever we want to let everyone know we added more dragons to our list? The red form, maybe? Should we all go back in our original posts and switch to the green form?

I like what Cool Codes Lineage did, but I wonder what ACC Lineage can do so it doesn't look too similar? (I'm serious, I'd like to know. I have no idea, lol)

To me, the "cool code" dragons are very special because they are the only dragons I don't name.

Since this project is based on naming the ACC dragons, it automatically feels very different for me - but of course I don't know how it is for other players.

Perhaps I should add a "differences between this project and the actual Cool Codes" part at the beginning of the first post?

And what form are we going to use whenever we want to let everyone know we added more dragons to our list? The red form, maybe? Should we all go back in our original posts and switch to the green form?

My suggestion is, make one post with the green form for the complete list (either as a new post or by editing an old one), and use the red form to present new dragons in new posts. smile.gif

Oh I see, somehow I didn't realize they don't name their dragons at all. You are right, they are very different. I only briefly glanced at some posts in that thread and saw some dragons were named but not others; I wasn't really paying attention, sorry. I actually have two dragons on my scroll I didn't name because one was perfect and the other near perfect "Cool codes." laugh.gif

Forms sound good. I'll go back in and make changes.

Bred two new ones:

New ACC dragon(s)

I am the 7VkTr

UtOgH it out

Edited by purplenewt

I updated the first post (once again laugh.gif ) with the new form and how to use it, and added the links in the member list.

New ACC dragon(s)

The rasSt is Silence

Fastest way to charge a Tes01-la

I'm not sure about the "Tes01-la" - I don't want to add letters to the code without a space, hyphen or apostrophe in between*, but it looks a little weird like this.

Just "Tes01" wouldn't be obvious enough to be read as "Tesla", though. Or would it?

(I also considered "Nikola Tes01", but then I liked the idea of a Bolt Dragon charging a Tesla car too much. biggrin.gif )

The Tesla was a very kind gift from Ruby Eyes by the way, thank you again. ^^

* Not an official rule.

I understood what you meant, CC. I think that's all that matters, that, and that you have the exact code in there. Also, I am liking how organized you are!

New ACC dragon(s)

You all are L1eR5

I have a 2nd gen hatchling with an almost cool code and parents whose codes also look like words xd.png (Its father is "hot", its mother is a "pig" and the hatchie's code looks like "exit".)

I don't really want to keep it, so would someone here like to adopt little Exit?

2nd gen PB Brimstone hatchie

Edited by Hermeline

I have a 2nd gen hatchling with an almost cool code and parents whose codes also look like words  xd.png (Its father is "hot", its mother is a "pig" and the hatchie's code looks like "exit".)

I don't really want to keep it, so would someone here like to adopt little Exit?

2nd gen PB Brimstone hatchie

I adopted him. Thanks!

New ACC dragon(s)

I'll Go MyWgX

exjtR Sign

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I just bred a possibly-almost-cool code from code parents, too! biggrin.gif

It looks like it was trying to copy the mother's code: http://dragcave.net/lineage/SbatT

(The parents will stay unnamed because I count them as good enough "cool codes", especially in combination. tongue.gif )

Would anybody be interested in adopting it?

I'm trying to produce an ACC from bHURN the Night and The 0VE3L Office . I bred them and nope. No ACC...yet

New ACC dragon(s)

Smelly 4SoK7

Positve qfiBE

The Poo EUmjo

5flET of Battleships

dOEL7 Disease*

*This name is a huge inside joke among me and my friends on Twitch. We were playing Golf With Friends one day when we decided to give our mishaps like Doey Disease (can't get the golf ball into the hole), Raptor Rash (slowly rolling back down a hill), etc. so I thought that code was fit for it

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

This one I don't get - is it a sort of reference? smile.gif

edit: oh wait - we are not savages, perchance?

Edited by Ruby Eyes