Wildmoon

The LGBTQ+ Support Lineage

Sorry I haven't been keeping on top of this as much - life has been kind of busyish. I should be able to breed again after Halloween when I'm not egg locked. So long as they decide to actually produce an egg. happy.gif

Not so! As in real life, the only known way to breed is through male and female. Those rules haven't changed. It in no way detracts from the spirit of LGBT+, since this is a lineage project anyway, and the theme is support.

Although, come to think of it...it would be pretty neat if DC allowed dragons in lineages to adopt other eggs as in real life family genealogical trees. smile.gif I just don't know how popular that would be.

sorry for butting in but i have something i'd like said because i believe it's important. this lineage pertains to me, so hopefully this isn't too off topic. i don't wish to argue, just inform.

As in real life, the only known way to breed is through male and female.

if you're doing an LGBT+ support lineage, you need to remember the "T" stands for transgender. two females, in real life, can reproduce. two males, in real life, can reproduce. i think this is important to keep in mind because it would be kind of odd to say that you support LGBT+ and not understand that it includes trans people as well.

it defeats the point if you are supporting LGBT+ when breeding to dragons of diffrent genders

as a gay person myself, i don't feel that there is any problem with a support lineage. the game mechanics are the way that they are. there isn't much to be done about that. i'm sure that if there was another option, it would be used. i truly understand where you're coming from, though. a few times i have wished that it was possible for two girl dragons to reproduce/mate. but that is very unlikely to happen.

EDIT: as a side note, i'd also like to include the fact that you can still be LGBT+ and date/be attracted to someone of a different gender than yours. bisexual people exist, asexual people exist, pansexual people exist, etc. LGBT+ does not just mean "gay".

Edited by Silverwinter

EDIT: as a side note, i'd also like to include the fact that you can still be LGBT+ and date/be attracted to someone of a different gender than yours. bisexual people exist, asexual people exist, pansexual people exist, etc. LGBT+ does not just mean "gay".

^^ This exactly! And also, I personally know a lesbian couple who have used the sperm bank to have their own children. Not to mention the movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0842926/ The Kids Are All Right. I also know a gay couple irl where one of the men wants to do something similar with his sperm and find a surrogate.

I didn't think you were arguing, you were clarifying. And I appreciate that. And you're right...but so far as I am aware, it still takes an egg and a sperm to create life. For simplicity sake: sperm=male, egg=female. I'm sure TJ did not mean to offend in any way.

Edited by purplenewt

I'll join as soon as possible! Only problem is, I have a few dead dragons from my zombie attempts. (Boltolo isn't dead, he's a zombie, but I have 4 dead dragons.)

Sorry again about the long wait recently. Halloween Happened and I was collecting a ton of eggs, and in general haven't been too active and on top of this, which I apologise for.

I can get back on top of this lineage now again though, hopefully. If my dragons actually make an egg. >.>

Anyway, in other news, can the owners of (aKFMK) and (HbNu0) please name their dragons? It's not urgent, but it's nice that they be named is all smile.gif

Lastly, hooray an egg!

Report of New Pride Egg

Dragon Breeder: Trickseh

Lineage Url: https://dragcave.net/lineage/KM0Ql

Keeping or Transferring?: Transferring to Neon Skylite, who is next on the list.

Neon Skylite hasn't claimed their egg, and as it has now hatched into a hatchling, I am going to offer it to the next person on the list, and add Neon Skylite to the "currently inactive" list until they have posted on this - I will re-message them once the hatchling has been claimed.

And if they do happen to claim the hatchling before the next person on the list I'm sending it to, then I do apologise, I just don't want it to have to grow to an adult, and have people waiting. =P

Edited by Trickseh

Sorry, about the delay >.<

added kyleedj to the wait list, and shtuff happy.gif

wait list edited. >.>

also, the owners of:

(aKFMK)

and

(HbNu0)

could please name their dragons as soon as possible?