Shokomon

ANSWERED:Update the BSA Filter By Option

I'm always a proponent for customization.

And, since there are obviously people who would rather remove certain dragons from the list rather than add more, that probably is the best solution.

So, how would we go about fixing it?

People have offered up an idea of a checklist that would allow you to decide what dragons would and would not show up on the "Available for BSA" Filter

And there is the idea of multiple BSA Filter options (Basic, Advanced, Limited).

Any other ideas?

I, like Pokemonfan13, am still trying to summon my 3 eggs, would like them to show up as a reminder. It also help me in remembering which Trio to breed (because I alternate which ones I choose to summon with.) Though, I'll have to concede that it is a good idea for them to disappear after you get your 3 eggs.

As for Celestial, I would like them on a list (if not the main list) because I will honestly forget which one I've used, and actually using the BSA (Corporealize) doesn't show up on the action list. I'm the kind of person who would make them change just to see their pretty sprite every once in a while and not necessarily to breed them. So, I'd like so way to know if I have done that recently. Of course, I could just check each dragon, but if the filter was updated, I could just switch to the "Available for BSA" filter, and every dragon that didn't show up was a dragon I used the BSA on.

I would rather have Bite's left alone. I do a lot of scrolling on my phone, and having the BSA Filter screen out my vampires (and other BSA's) is way easier than having to remember which page out of the 16 are the dragons on. Because I always forget. I arrange my scroll by the order of which I caught/found/was gifted the dragon species. So, my BSA dragons are kinda scattered throughout my scroll. Having the BSA filter put them all in one place would make my life easier. Of course, it's not like that for everybody, which makes customization a pretty good compromise.

If we do get customization of which breeds appear in the BSA filter, I hope we could also customize the order in which they appear. Like, my BSA dragons are separated because I keep four of each in my main collection, and my BSA hoards are underneath. And my vampires are on top because they live with my holiday dragons, which are pretty early on my scroll, even though I never bite. There are other people who leave their scroll in the "order I got them" sort, which would make their BSA section a jumbled mess. So it would be great if, with the customization, there was a way to say "Influences first, incubates second, etc etc" If you like the way the scroll sort sorts your BSAs you wouldn't have to use it, but I bet there are plenty who would appreciate that feature.

They seem to be sorted as you have done them on your scroll - so that is perhaps a choice you've (generic) made that you have to live with. As in I decided my bolts BELONG where I put them, so I shall just have to scroll a bit to get to incubate !

If we do get customization of which breeds appear in the BSA filter, I hope we could also customize the order in which they appear. Like, my BSA dragons are separated because I keep four of each in my main collection, and my BSA hoards are underneath. And my vampires are on top because they live with my holiday dragons, which are pretty early on my scroll, even though I never bite. There are other people who leave their scroll in the "order I got them" sort, which would make their BSA section a jumbled mess. So it would be great if, with the customization, there was a way to say "Influences first, incubates second, etc etc" If you like the way the scroll sort sorts your BSAs you wouldn't have to use it, but I bet there are plenty who would appreciate that feature.

You can use the Sort and BSA filters at the same time on your scrolls. So if you select Breed from the drop down on your main scroll page, then select BSA from the Filter, your dragons will be sorted in their breed order, all grouped together: Bolts at the top, Vampires at the bottom.

But yea I could get behind a "select breeds to go into BSA" sort, myself. The first thing I'd add are Celestials! They show up as "ready to breed"..... even when Corporealize is still on cool down! So I have to check each and every one, every single time.

For the rest, I don't think Expunge needs to be there, but for those summoning still, I know having the Trios show up would have been helpful in reminding me "hey dummy! They are off cooldown!"

Cheers!

C4.

You can use the Sort and BSA filters at the same time on your scrolls. So if you select Breed from the drop down on your main scroll page, then select BSA from the Filter, your dragons will be sorted in their breed order, all grouped together: Bolts at the top, Vampires at the bottom.

Sorting like that would be WORSE than my current sort. As it stands, I have a few small groupings of extraneous BSAs on top of my main hoards, which are in an appropriate order. If I sort by breed, my ginormous fertility hoard gets put on top of my incubates. (and if you want to know HOW ginormous, take a look at the last few pages of my scroll. In my settings, they are on pages 7 and 8 of 8 pages)

It's better to just be able to choose which order they go in.

I'm not even sure choosing an order is possible, but I think at that point, we're asking for a lot with that. With the option to sort differently and use temp sort, I think the better option would be to be able to save at least one custom sort to the temp sort feature. One that is different from the perm custom sort.

To me, the way to handle it would be a simple "what order do you want the BSA dragons you chose to display?" with the ability to reorder the entire groupings of each BSA dragon. You would get a representative dragon of each BSA type and you reorder them. The site would then handle clumping the dragons of the different breeds and putting them where you want them automatically.

It just seems like a natural addition to the ability to choose which dragons show up in the BSA sort to me. Or maybe even a replacement. What does it matter if shallow waters show up in the BSA sort if you have them shoved to the back on page 2?

Edited by Pokemonfan13

If we make it a checklist, couldn't we set it up so the drop down leads to the checklist and you tell it what you want? This time I'm looking for...Incubate and Influence. Only reds and pinks show, next time your looking for something else....

I admit to having no understanding of coding or what is/is not possible.

If we make it a checklist, couldn't we set it up so the drop down leads to the checklist and you tell it what you want? This time I'm looking for...Incubate and Influence. Only reds and pinks show, next time your looking for something else....

I admit to having no understanding of coding or what is/is not possible.

That would be ideal.

A general checklist under Account Settings would be almost equally fine, though. There you could check the breeds you generally want to see in your filtered BSA list.

Then the dropdown menu on the scroll could get "Available for BSA (filtered)" additionally to "Available for BSA" - the first would lead to the restricted list, the latter to the list of all BSA dragons (if you're looking for a BSA you don't use during your standard play).

Personally, I really only want pinks, purples and reds in my restricted list (from the currently available BSAs), because these are the ones I use all the time. The rest just distracts and leads to needless scrolling (I use the Teleports page for magis).

So then, people like the Checklist idea more? Possibly with the ability to order BSA dragons in whatever desired sort method?

Any other opinions? Like on the Multiple BSA Drop-down Menu Options?

I do like a Restricted BSA List and a Normal BSA List option though.

Given that the BSA filter has been updated to include all "useful" non-hidden BSAs, I don't know if the extra complication of being able to filter to specific BSA dragons is worth both the effort and loss of ease of use caused by either adding an extra step to the filtering process (select BSA filter, select which dragons) or placing a bunch of account-wide checkboxes elsewhere on the site (account settings).

Well, from what I understand, people like the checklist idea for the ability to remove certain BSA dragons from the "Available for BSA" filter, more so than the ability to add more dragons to the menu.

For me, I wanted them all on the filter, so I would have everything selected by default, but there are people here who said they would only have Reds (Incubate) and Pinks (Influence) on their list. And there are people who never use Bite (Vampires), or have no need for (or no longer care for) Splash (Shallow Waters). And then there are people who have hoards of certain BSA dragons that they would rather have off the list, because they have too many.

A checklist option would allow those people to modify the BSA filter to suit their desires or current needs in the Cave. Maybe someone who doesn't have all their GoN Eggs can put Trio's to the list as a reminder to Summon ever time they pop up. Another person could have Celestials added just to remember if they used a BSA for the dragons in one quick look over. Another person would have Bolts off the list, because they, at the moment, don't see a need for Stun. And even another person could have Magi's removed, because they only ever use the Active Transport page in the Accounts section.

Maybe there could just have a default setting with all the current dragons on the list shown, with the option to modify the list of dragons either in the accounts or as the extra step. That way it wouldn't be much of a change for people who don't need it to be, and it would give people who want to be a choice a chance to change the list when necessary.

Of course, if you don't like the checklist idea at all, there is the option of making a second modifiable BSA filter Or to split up all the BSA in to groups like the ones suggested in the first post.

Bumping this because we have a new BSA dragon that's not on the list, so relevant again.

Bump because relevant again.

Though with the Grouping system now in place, how does it change things?

user posted image

... the Whites with the new Ward BSA are all absent from the list.

I suggest you take a closer look at your own screenshot...

But nonetheless , I don't feel that the use case warrants the extra complication introduced by adding new options to control exactly what shows up.