AroaraAngelwolf

To save your soul

Alternate universe where the soul is outside the body:based on a book with my own twist.

This is a place where the soul takes the shape of an animal, and can shapeshift to other creatures that fits your personality, it also also affects the coloring too. If separate from your soul more then a few feet both you and it die. It's always an opposite gender and once you reach a certain age, it can't shapeshift anymore (to show loss of innocence) but recently, the adult souls have lost their physical appearance and now are becoming shadows of their former selves. What is causing this? And can these teens find out what is happening before they too lose their physical soul?

Rules:

You may watch, don't post!

DO NOT REPLICATE! *gets Shadow Festus* if I see one similar to this I WILL report you!

Dc rules go unsaid.

Name:
Appearance (human; can be a description, picture, or both)::
Personality:
History:
Other:
Soul name:
Appearance (their soul's forms: angry, happy (neutral), shy, and brave):

Name: Takashi

Appearance: Takashi is 6'5" strong young man with two colored eyes his soul reflects.

Personality:Takashi is a strong young lad. Although he seems like a powerful boy in voice and body, he has a very tender heart, kind spirit and gentle touch. He's nervous around women, and very shy, but he's always one to help if needed. He's amazing at carving things with woodmaking jewelry with beads and animal teeth. He doesn't like it when men are rude or lude towards women, he hates the smell of dry seaweed and wet wool. He has this odd habit of scratching behind his ear like a dog-his hand cupped and he digs at it with his nails. Another habit of his- he toys with a wooden wolf on a leather necklace or a wolf fang on his beaded bracelet when he's nervous. He's terrified of thunder and hides during them in small spaces he squeezes in to.

History: His father had died when he was young, and now he's concerned for his mother's safety, her soul Goib (go Eb) was a beautiful African wild dog that had deep blue eyes with a grey and black pelt with bits of blue in it. Now it's nothing but a black shadow attached to her feet. His mother seemed to have gotten very ill because of this.

Other: He knows his way around a boat, how to fish, and climb mountains.

Soul name: Zena

Appearance: Normal/happy/ relaxedsnow leopard- her size in this shape goes up to Takashi's hip.

Shy: wolf size- up to his knee.

Angry- size- slightly smaller then her wolf shape with just one tail

Brave- without horn but keeps hooves and tail- size normal quarter horse

Edited by AroaraAngelwolf

Name: Zoe

Appearance: Zoe

Personality: mostly kind, can be really shy around people she doesn't really know at all and especially around boys, can be stubborn when it comes to decision-making, and somewhat mysterious the rest of the time. she rarely gets angry but when something bothers her a lot or when there's bullies picking on the young kids in their village, she really shows it.

History: doesn't like to talk about it or doesn't talk at all about her history and mainly keeps it to herself.

Other: will maybe like Takashi a bit later on in the rp

Soul name: Zach

Appearance: happy (neutral/main) - mouse

shy - finch but it's more of a silver color

angry - flame panther

brave - silver unicorn

Edited by Dragonpelt

((Oh dear... how to start........))

It was a blistering cold day. The winter had slapped a blanket of fresh snow on the ground. Takashi shivered slightly in his stall, trying to sell some jewelry, but less and less people where out these days. A man walked by with a ghostly black outline of some sort of dog. He saw Zena laying in the snow and sneered at Takashi before hurrying away.

Business was hard. The few adults who still had a corporal form to their Seoul (said like soul) had small animals like mice or a rabbit or some type of bird. He had made a little amount of money today, and only needed two more silvers to get the day's medicine for his mother.

He looked up as a rumble sounded in the cloudy sky. It was a passenger blimp heading to the next city. He felt bad for the fellow who had to sit outside the ship and pedal to turn the propellers. The rumble came from the furnace that helped it fly with hot air.

Again he focused on his task in the near empty market place. His "stall consisted of: a flat bottom horse troph turned upside down and the feet nailed to the reversed side, four flimsy posts and a warn blanket stretched across them, a blue table cloth and a few turned over crates to display his jewelry and hand made boxes. He sat on a crate, and Zena had lay at his feet under the the table keeping his toes warm.

Zoe wandered around the stalls that were selling goods with Zach in his mouse form on her shoulder, coming across a boy who was selling jewelry. She shuffled over to him while in a sweatshirt and looked at the jewelry that he was selling. "How much for the silver necklace with the moon shaped pendant?" she asked as she fished around her purse for some money. It was a really pretty necklace and she thought that she would support the boy and buy something he made. She knew how hard it was to sell things in this cold weather so she wanted to be kind.

He looked at the girl shivering. He had on thick warn clothes, patched up and mended with care. A hand made scarf that was blue fading to green and so long the ends reached his knees even when he had it wrapped around his neck three times.

He couldn't bring himself to lie and take advantage of her. He had low prices to get more buyers who need that last minute gift or children with little money who want something pretty for their mothers. That seemed to be the majority of his customers these days. "A silver shilling and three coppers." He said softly slightly muffled by his scarf on his face.

There was ten copper in a silver shilling, ten silver shillings for a half silver crown, and five of those to make a gold. There were things more valuable then a gold, like a gold half crown and a platinum, but he barely ever saw a gold piece and he was extremely lucky to get a silver half crown on his good days.

He waited for the girl to decide patiently. He could convince her to buy it, but right now he was too cold and worried to even try to speak more then what was needed. He was convinced, his chattering teeth would sever his tongue if he spoke any more than a few words at a time. He was quite certain his lips where turning blue.

Zoe nodded, her attention still in her purse to get out the silver shilling and three coppers that were required to get the necklace. She would've been giving it to her mom but that wasn't possible anymore. Once she had gotten out the requested money, she looked up to put the coins on the table and blushed slightly when she really looked at the boy that was selling goods at his stall, causing Zach to change to a finch while still on her shoulder. He glared at her somewhat but she didn't notice as she was trying to get relaxed again so that he could be a mouse once more. She knew that he was going to give her a lecture in his embarrassed state on their way back home but she'd think about what to say later. Once she had calmed down enough that he was in his main form again and she could talk she said, "Thank you for selling this necklace and it's really pretty. You did a good job with making it." She then picked it up before starting to walk away again to head back to her house.

((sorry. I realized that I didn't have her say anything so I edited my post to add some dialogue))

Edited by Dragonpelt

When the girl had made eye contact with him, he was glad his cheeks where already rosy from the cold. Zena poked out her head, her form having switched to the small lavender blue wolf with gem like fur. She studied the girl and flicked her ears. "T-thank you" he had stammered as she left.

Once she was out of sight, Zena had taken on her usual form. She was rather pretty. she purred and lay her head on his lap. five more coppers and we'll have enough for today... oh! Here comes sir Reginald. He always gets a lovely gift for his wife. Right on time too. The elderly man leaned on a cane, and his serpent Seoul hidden in his thick baggy jacket. He bought a bracelet and a box, giving the boy the five he needed for the bracelet and a silver half crown for the box that had a tiger on it- his wife's Seoul- for he himself was a wood carver and could tell it spent four months to carve each detail and polish it just so to bring out the lights and darks of the striped wood.

With that he cleaned up, closed his stall and set off quite stiffly to the medicine man's place. His joints were stiff from sitting in the cold. "She was pretty." He muttered. "But I doubt she'd come back to my stall tomorrow. They never do."

Don't be so hard on yourself. Zena said in her sweet voice. she did like your material. She may return some time in the near future.

Why do you always have to get shy around boys? Being a finch embarrasses me, Zach grumbled to Zoe on the way back to their home which caused her to sigh a bit. "I guess it's just part of being a girl is all and if you were human I bet you'd get shy around girls," she said in reply while bopping him on the head gently with her hand. I guess you're right and hey, he said as he pouted a bit at the bop which made her giggle somewhat. He was cute and good-looking, he said after a few minutes and that caused her to nod a bit in agreement. "Yeah I guess he was," she said just as they got back to their tiny house that only had bedroom in it and a kitchen which was perfect for them. She had a small job in town at the bakery nearby but she only worked in the morning until after lunch which helped her stay where she was living now even if she didn't work a whole lot of hours at all. After she had unlocked the door, she walked in, locked it again behind her, and then set her purse down on the counter before going to the pantry to see what they could take out to eat.

After purchasing the medicine for today he went to a small two bedroom brick house. Once home, he made the medicine into tea and carefully helped his mother take it. He looked at her Seoul, the faint shadow flickers and darkened in the candlelight, enough to make out what creatures it was but it had lighter spots, his paws still opaque.

"I'll find something to help you probably momma. " He said softly as she smiled slightly and coughed laying back down. His mother had aged, she used to look very young for her age but now this sickness seemed to have aged her ten years. He put another blanket around her shivering body, stoked up the fire and went about making stew, ignoring the pain in his hand frozen joints.

Zoe got out a Nutrigrain bar and a package of peanut butter crackers, she was very hungry since she hadn't eaten anything for lunch earlier that day because she went straight to the market area, and she gave Zach bits of the bar for him to eat. She figured he didn't really didn't need to eat anything since he was a Seoul and they probably didn't eat anything but she just wanted to feed him anyway (not sure if they actually do eat or not but just kind of made that up). After she was finished eating and feeding Zach bits and pieces of her snacks, she went to her room and read on her bed until she was tired enough to go to bed. She unmade it, got dressed in her pajamas, and then got under the covers while Zach laid down on the second pillow that she didn't really use. "Good night Zach," she told him before she turned off the light and went to sleep. She heard his reply of, Good night Zoe just before she completely drifted off.

((should we ts a bit to morning or do you want him to go to bed first? I can initiate the ts after your next post))

((They can eat but don't really have to. I'll do the ts I have a plan for this on how I want it to go. ))

Takashi ate his meal and gave Zena the scraps. He curled up on the floor, the only proper bed was occupied by his mother. He shivers in the cold... it'll be a long night tonight and for the next few days....

As the lights steadily dimmed in the windows of the houses and street shops, leaving only the dim glow of the street lanterns to attempt to push away the thick palpable darkness... something moved in the shadows. A lone wanderer looking for an inn to stay the night stopped in the road as his Seoul, a white tiger froze in place. The man coughed violently as a dark taloned figure oozed from the side of a building and reached into the shadow cast by the tiger.

In a sudden scream of pain quickly cut short as his soul vanished with the shadow creature leaving only the ghostly in print of his companion in the snow. The man fell on his knees, then faceplanted on the snow. Everything was was still and quite once more. The man was unmoving.

----

seven weeks later, more of these events occurred. Those with the shadows of their Seoul was taken and quarantined. Deaths came to those who celebrated their eighteenth birthday when the Seoul becomes still and take on only one shape. They all where found the same way, pain stricken faces and bleeding mouths, with only the silhouette of their Seoul beside their bodies.

This made Takashi nervous. He was trying to get information, but everyone refused to speak to him. And children where concerned for their lives... more and more where being orphaned... this was concerning and the adults where getting no were in the investigation. When someone found out something, they too would turned up dead.

((okay smile.gif))

Zoe woke up the morning seven weeks later and ate breakfast before heading out of her house with Zach to work. On her way there, she couldn't help but get worried and scared herself about the events that had been happening in the last few weeks or so. She knew that she only had two more years for that to happen to her, but she was still worried. She thought about only staying inside her house and never coming out once she turned 18, but then she would have to work from home with a stay at home type of job so that she could still make money so that she could still stay in her house. She tried to get her mind off of what might happen later and headed to her job while passing a few people she considered her neighbors and smiled shyly at them before arriving at the bakery place where she worked.

Edited by SkySong278

((sorry. edited and I understand))

((Thanks for that. And for understanding.. here's where things get a little interesting....))

Many shops where closed. The bakery was the newest one that closed up. The market could no longer run.

As Takashi attempted to sell a bit more jewelry on foot, keeping his product in the many pockets in his jacket. With no luck even on that and very very few people out these days... not even his regular customer came by. He decided to look for work... and saw on every door of every shop was a notice. The only trouble was-he can't read. It looked official, each one barring the magistrate's crest on the top just below the nail.

He tore it down and ran around looking for someone to read it to him. Zena at this point had turned from her leopard shape to her horse form, the gold and fall coloring contrasted with the white snow. He saw someone at the door to the bakery and ran up to her, skidding to a stop when he saw it was the girl from before. "Miss, can you read this please?" He asked waving the paper.

((Will post notice in next post.))

((you're welcome and k smile.gif))

Zoe looked at the notice on the bakery's door as soon as she got there. She read it and then looked crestfallen afterward before she heard a quickened pace of someone coming up somewhere behind her. She turned and saw the boy that she had bought the necklace from seven days ago and her cheeks turned slightly pink but not enough for Zach to turn into his finch form. "Um sure," she said in reply to the question before taking the paper from him. "It says 'This paper hereby gives the notice of the closure of companies that are now out of business'," she said after she had read it and then looked back at him while looking up from the piece of paper that she was given.

Edited by SkySong278

"What? No, even I know this is the platinum symbol!" He said pointing to a sideways S with a line cutting it in half. The magistrate is offering money for something tell me what it actually says!" He said. He didn't need someone to tell him businesses where closed. The paper read:

Notice!

The head magistrate has requested children between the ages 13-17 to come to the city hall!

The magistrate wants only the cunning, brave of heart and strong to come under his service.

Those who do join will be given 100 gold pieces. If one has completed the difficult task a reward of 200 platinum pieces will be rewarded.

It was sealed and sighed by the magistrate and his assistant.

"Oh I guess I didn't read the whole thing. Sorry. It says 'The head magistrate has requested children between the ages 13-17 to come to the city hall!

The magistrate wants only the cunning, brave of heart and strong to come under his service.

Those who do join will be given 100 gold pieces. If one has completed the difficult task a reward of 200 platinum pieces will be rewarded.'" She looked a bit shocked at that and even Zach had the same expression on his face. "I guess we should get going there then," she said as she looked up again from the paper to look at him before starting to head towards the city hall.

Edited by SkySong278

Takashi let off a soft whistle and followed after her, Zena going to her snow leopard form. "Thats a lot of money. I'll be able to get first class medical treatment for my mom.... hey, I know a short cut to city hall." He ran ahead and started scooping snow off a wooden door like a cellular door. "All homes in the business district is connected for black market trading and shady deals between the high classes so their conversations aren't seen or heard. It's faster, especially in the snow, but very dark. " He said and picked the lock opening it and slipping down into a dark hole.

His Seoul leaped in after him. A slight scuffle and a snap of a match being struck. A lantern was lit. "There's a ladder on the side, I'm Takashi by the way. Beside me is Zena."

((sorry. I didn't know what to reply with at that time and then I got super busy again in rl))

Zoe nodded in agreement to what Takashi said about the reward being a lot of money before hearing the rest of what he said and then followed after him while nodding again to what he said about knowing a short cut. When they got to a dark hole after a door was opened, she watched as Takashi slipped down into it before watching his Seoul jump in after him. After a lantern was lit and she heard what he said she said in reply while going down the ladder, "It's nice to meet you Takashi. I'm Zoe and on my shoulder is Zach."

Takashi nodded and let his Seoul go first in case they run into anything and followed after with the lantern. "I know these things well. I admit they can be a bit spooky at spots but they are safe enough to travel.. that is if you know the way. It's easy to get lost so don't get separated from me okay?" He instructed.

They took several turns just in the first few steps and was now heading down a long tunnel that curved like a snake. The shadows seemed to move, or darken making the lamp light meager and dull. When they turned a corner, he swore the walls moved. They had entered a basement that looked like it was cluttered and packed with junk. Although he wasn't mad, Zena had to shift into her fox shape to squeeze in between some things to help him clear the exit. "This may take a little bit..."

Zoe listened to everything that Takashi said, nodding in understanding to everything especially the question he asked her. She followed behind him at the turns and also down the tunnel that was shaped like a snake. He looked out of the corner of hr eye at Sach and saw that he was looking around at everything that was in the shortcut with interest. She then had her attention be back on their guide just as they entered an area that looked to be a basement and thought like Takashi did, although she didn't know it, about a wall moving even though it didn't. It probably just looked that way in the light of the lantern but it was still a bit creepy all the same. She heard what he said after she watched as Zena squeezed between a few of the clutter to help clear the way and said in reply with a small shrug, "Not a problem."

As both he and Zena moved boxes, the lamp flickered multiple times at various lengths of time. During these flickers the shadows seemed to press in on them. Zena yelped and shifted from Fox to wolf as Takashi moved the last box blocking the exit. Takashi at the same time went stiff and dropped the box on his foot. He went white, but made no sound. "Z-Zoe, you go first. Get outta here.. something is in here... it tried to grab Zena.." He said through clenched teeth. The feeling happened again as a clawed hand grabbed at the shadow of the wolf's tail and Zena launched into the air as a large cat, gripping on the low wooden beams with her claws.

Takashi scrambled up to the door and took three times to kick it open. "Out out out!"He whimpers.

((I apologize for my very late response in here. real life and work had me busy for a bit and I forgot about posting in here sad.gif))

Zoe and Zach watched as both Takashi and Zena started to move some boxes out of the way just before the latter helped and shifted suddenly. Zoe looked a bit surprised at first but then looked worried with a bit of a pale face. She then shook her head a bit to clear the worriment and surprise from it just as she heard what he said about her and Zach going first because something had tried to take his Seoul. She nodded and then started to leave and in a quick manner after he kicked the door opened and whimpered. She scrambled out the door as quick as she could and then waited on the other side of it for him and Zena to catch up to them. She wondered briefly if she should go back in there and help but something told her that they'd be okay.