RoseRedAus

Do we need a revival?

I'll agree witheveryone who's pushing for more slots. It's quite annoying to have slots open, but they're HATCHLING slots...

In my opinion, not having a raffle last Christmas was an improvement. The raffle stirred so much unrest, I always disliked how there were the same discussions about Prize Dragons and not winning them over and over.

It's true, though, that a simple statement beforehand that there would be no raffle would have been helped overall acceptance.

THIS. SO much this. I think the raffle completely destabilised the game, and I would hate to see it come back. I don't care if we ever get a statement (it is too long after its non-appearance to matter any more !) but please - make it stay gone.

I can't fix problems that no one's talking about. If it's actually the case that no one's turning on the option (a quick look shows that it hasn't seen much use), then it's likely the option can be removed (everyone who is logged in sees pending descriptions, at the cost of the threshold for descriptions showing up being increased). Alternatively, if the issue is that no one knows the option exists, a simple message like "This dragon has a description but you don't have pending descriptions visible. click here to view the description, or click here to always show pending descriptions" could solve that.

This is, of course, one of the downfalls of "optional" features that I have mentioned.

(though the continuation if this tangent probably best belongs in Suggestions).

The problem I have with this is that people are talking about the problems. People are making suggestions and asking questions and voicing opinions. Running a game like DC is no small feat. We all fully understand that and it is with that understanding that people have been really respectful and avoid being demanding and rude. But on the same token, I think it would help if there was at least a little more communication as far as what's going on behind the scenes and what is and isn't possible.

<snip>

But on the same token, I think it would help if there was at least a little more communication as far as what's going on behind the scenes and what is and isn't possible.

This has been a problem since I've been on the site... i.e. 8 years now.

100% agreement on NO MORE RAFFLES... was the worst idea TJ has ever had.

The problem I have with this is that people are talking about the problems. People are making suggestions and asking questions and voicing opinions.

The post I quoted was saying the exact opposite of this (the person had issues with a change but was explicitly staying quiet), so...

TJ09, most of the discussion I have read is about changes to the cave not the forum. Members need to decide on a clear topic. I can not see a reason to move this one , one way or the other.

Is this a suggestion for the cave or the forum?

Perhaps a closing of this topic and starting two new topics in suggestions would be more readable.

I have noticed the game seems to have lost a lot of players. The trading forum always used to move so quickly. For example you could check the dragon trading thread just before bed, and then when you woke up and checked it again ... there were probably 4 new pages of trades available.

Not that I necessarily want it that busy again ... but it just seems so "dead" on there now.

I'm just wondering how other people feel? Are you happy with having less people around, or would you like to see the place perk up a bit again?

I'm just a bit worried that the game will end up dying out sad.gif

So, what can we do to lure new players in?

From the OP, I took this thread as a way to discuss changes to the cave that could result in more members joining the forum. I can see how one leads to the other. That said, I have noticed that more of the discussions here are for changes to the cave, and since changing the cave would (hopefully) bring in more forum members, I'm okay with closing this as long as the discussion can be continued in another thread.

We do already have the Forum Feedback and Cave Feedback threads in Suggestions/Requests. Looking over at both threads, the Cave Feedback thread's been getting more traffic than the Forum Feedback thread, which hasn't been posted in since 2015. Perhaps we can continue the discussion there.

Personally I think the topics are fairly interrelated and we can't discuss one without mentioning the other so I don't see how having two threads will make people not mention one or the other. We'll end up losing the momentum instead. The forum exists for the cave after all.

One of the two threads I mentioned was designed exactly to cover what this topic has become, which is cave feedback. I don't think we'll lose too much momentum by splitting the discussion into two threads; in fact, it's what those threads were designed for.

After discussing it with the other mods, I'm going to close this thread, but leave it here so members can view the discussion.

Please continue the discussion in the Cave Feedback thread or, if suggestions for the forum arise, in the Forum Feedback thread.