kastrex

DC fanart ahoy except not really

thanks, here's the aegis

user posted image

I drew this on a computer monitor which is more color accurate than my laptop, so it's different in a way

Edit: updated image with some fixes

Edited by kastrex

I noticed you had a slot open and I just love your art. Would it be possible for you to draw a Almerald dragon?

thanks, here's the aegis

user posted image

I drew this on a computer monitor which is more color accurate than my laptop, so it's different in a way

Edit: I realized there are some things I need to fix, but I'll have to wait until the weekend is over to get access to the desktop computor

Oh, that's so gorgeous <33 Thank you so much!

Okay I finished the gold on my laptop but... when i look at it on a brighter, more color-accurate computor, it looks more like a glaring yellow nuclear dragon

so I'll post this here for the meantime

user posted image

And I'll fix it when the computer becomes available again

I realized that I'd have to redo the whole thing if i were to adjust the color to a more metallic sheen- sai paint tool can't do much about that. Here's the least I can do- https://i.imgur.com/8PyPT6E.png

Edited by kastrex

@SockPuppet Strangler yeah I think the program you use sticks a white overlay over the images or something

The larger version of the image you uploaded on imgur has the same effect, too

Here's a replacement to stick in your sig

user posted image

[url=https://i.imgur.com/ghWtsNE.png][img=https://i.imgur.com/P99RmiU.png][/url]

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Not sure what happened to the big one. All I did was save it and upload it. No opening it in any art program. o_O Grr.

~

That gold. @_@ Gorgeous.

Hi, I've been watching this thread for a while and was wondering if you wouldn't mind making me an avatar of a nebula dragon. Please and Thank you.

Edit: I would appreciate it if you would put a water mark or signature on it. Maybe in one of the corners?

Edited by w5aw5

I saw you have a slot open! I would like to ask if you could create a piece with a Diamondwing, with its wings outspread and a wintery mountain sunrise in the background. Thanks again, your art is fantastic! wub.gif

Edit: Oh, nevermind, someone grabbed the slot literally a minute before me. I'll request another time, then.

Edited by andromedae

Okay I finished the gold on my laptop but... when i look at it on a brighter, more color-accurate computor, it looks more like a glaring yellow nuclear dragon

so I'll post this here for the meantime

user posted image

And I'll fix it when the computer becomes available again

(I don't want to show the gold dragon's designer this straight away until I have a version fixed for brighter monitors, but if you're reading this, I guess it's inevitable ha)

Thank you! I love her already, even if she isn't quite finished biggrin.gif

Thanks guys

By a nebula avatar I'm going to assume that all I'm drawing is an avatar in the maximum avatar size for this site and not something I cropped off a full picture, if you want a full painting you can just ask. full painting it is

user posted image

here's the almerald and a kyanite pygmy performing some magic

Edited by kastrex

wub.gif

I'm only mildly apologetic for the incessant stalking, but I am seriously SO ecstatic to grab a slot ~!!!

I'm requesting your take on a Sapphire dragon, and I'd love to use the finished piece as my desktop/laptop wallpaper. The desktop dimensions are 1920 x 1080 px so pretty please, I'd love something that will look great in that smile.gif

ermahgerd the kyanite is soooo teeny i can't handle the cute ;~;

(I might suggest making the green around the kyanite a little brighter to help draw attention to it? I did have a hard time finding the kyanite in the picture. The almerald has a lot glowiness to it, so that and its size really take all my attention.)

ermahgerd the kyanite is soooo teeny i can't handle the cute ;~;

(I might suggest making the green around the kyanite a little brighter to help draw attention to it? I did have a hard time finding the kyanite in the picture. The almerald has a lot glowiness to it, so that and its size really take all my attention.)

I just kinda assumed it was on purpose to make the leetle Kyanite almost like an "easter egg" of the thing. It's so adorable though omg

Thanks guys

By a nebula avatar I'm going to assume that all I'm drawing is an avatar in the maximum avatar size for this site and not something I cropped off a full picture, if you want a full painting you can just ask. full painting it is

user posted image

here's the almerald and a kyanite pygmy performing some magic

*Screams* AHHHHH! O.O

*hugs picture* Oh, yesssss!!! So perfect and beautiful and....

Two of my first dragons were an almerald and a kyanite pygmy. In my own dragon universe they are good friends ect. So this, this is amazing and all I dreamed!

I'm adding it to my signature, because this is so goooood.

I'm going to have to start stalking this thread now.

Wellll I've got a problem here

Working with purple was risky but I did it anyway for my desired atmosphere, and then I realize it's not just purple-blue that my laptop is colorblind with, it's magenta too.

user posted image

Here's what it turned out to be, and if it doesn't look purple to you, here's a version that I thought looked more similar to what I intended

Now by an avatar i didn't quite get what you mean, here's some custom crops

user posted imageuser posted image

you can crop the image as you please and then have that as your avatar if I was wrong about something

here's the almerald pic with the kyanite's aura more visible if it helps

Yeah I gotta save up for a more calibrated monitor and a new computer too, my laptop can't handle canvases over 2000 pixels very well and it's certainly not something I want to upgrade.

Glad you like the pics guys

Edited by kastrex

Ermergerd I stalked this thread for so long.

I adore the Eastern theme of that Almerald picture <3

Can I request a picture of my Bolt dragon Slave Spuma?

I see an open slot on page 1 post 1. I hope I am in time.

I respectfully request the 2012 Halloween version of the Heartseeker:

user posted image

I know you are probably swamped with suggestions, but I would really love it if you were able to draw a Golden Wyvern. Drawing one with a hatchling or egg would be amazing <3

It's beautiful! Thank you kastrex! I would like to put it in my signature, but I'm not sure how to get it to be small enough to fit it in my sig.

w5aw5 try out tinypic for resizing...it is free to use.

edit: to get live link working properly

Edited by Pinch of StarDust

Wellll I've got a problem here

Working with purple was risky but I did it anyway for my desired atmosphere, and then I realize it's not just purple-blue that my laptop is colorblind with, it's magenta too.

https://i.gyazo.com/2b4d054553b1c2a089c8596014e5dcb8.png

Here's what it turned out to be, and if it doesn't look purple to you, here's a version that I thought looked more similar to what I intended

Now by an avatar i didn't quite get what you mean, here's some custom crops

user posted imageuser posted image

you can crop the image as you please and then have that as your avatar if I was wrong about something

here's the almerald pic with the kyanite's aura more visible if it helps

Yeah I gotta save up for a more calibrated monitor and a new computer too, my laptop can't handle canvases over 2000 pixels very well and it's certainly not something I want to upgrade.

Glad you like the pics guys

*le gasp*

I say le gasp because I did literally do a small gasp upon seeing this. The colors are just stunning and the texture on the wings is fabulous. Well done. <3

And yes - I really like that new almerald/kyanite pic! Stands out a lot more. o3o

So this is your thread!

Wow your art is soooo lovely!

I gotta try and make it for a request sometime!

Oops I went to sleep before the slot got taken (also I'm not sure what you mean by slave spuma, doesn't look like that dragon has a description I can base a picture off. I have a setting in mind but it's more landscape-heavy on it's own)

I have to close my slots at the moment for IRL reasons too

Here's the image- the head was made blue to suit the background he's in

user posted image

He's a bit stubby and short, (things went a bit sloppy here)

here it is in the wallpaper size https://ibb.co/hQEYmF (You might have to download the png via the download button, I haven't found any other image hosting site that doesn't compress large images)

If you see any outstanding accidents you can always tell me, I can't guarantee I'll be able to get right on it though

edit- added more insecure rambling

Edited by kastrex