kastrex

DC fanart ahoy except not really

Woah, spacey :0 As usual, your coloring is amazing! I really like the glowing scales touch on the neck of the Guardian of Nature. I've looked through the imgur album as well -- fantastic work on the backgrounds!

One critique I have about the Canopy Hatchlings is the overall composition. It looks like two seperate images put side by side, the green and the blue. It would be more pleasing to the eye if it were simply cropped or overlapped so that you have a third of the image featuring blue instead of half so you have some interest and imbalance between the two. It's a learned skill and once you're aware of it you begin to develop a eye for what looks better.

Remember! The borders of the drawing are part of the composition too!

user posted image

Here are some good tutorials about composition:

http://lulie.deviantart.com/art/The-Secret...ition-272036625

http://fox-orian.deviantart.com/art/Perspe...-Pt-2-125042592

This is why in art school they make you draw groups of fruit. xd.png

Wow, that is so beautiful!

May I request a male Aeon? c:

This thread is absolutely gorgeous! I love your art. I wish I could do something like it, but just doodles, I'm afraid. x3

When you aren't busy, I would love to see a creepy Gilded Bloodscale. ;o

I'd love a flying female gold Dragon ❤ and maybe a bronze tinsel chasing after her in the sky.

I love your work - I've been admiring the anagallis in sockpuppet's signature, and now I know where it came from!

Edited by Pryanka

A black dragon's face is really hard to interpret from a pixel-y side-on view like that so I drew a family of them. GCT79bR.png

If it looks too bright on your monitor, here's a less saturated version

@TehUltimateMage oh godddd I've been wondering what that thing about leading the eye places was, thank you so much.

As grateful as I am, I already started the black dragon drawing before you told me about this stuff, so the composition is a little clumsy, sorry. ( the #arts channel on IRC gave me some advice, though)

Sorry but I can only handle three requests at a time. If I didn't, your requests would be done by the time they're about 7 months old. I'm going with first come first-served, and if you want to renew your request while there is an empty slot, you'll have to post it again (sorry).

Also, I don't think I'll be opening art-rage studio again now that I have better paint tools on the desktop, so if the laptop is being borrowed I'd be sketching up the next dragon on the list instead of your other recommendations to speed things up.

Thanks guys

Edited by kastrex

dark moonlit background

oopssss

user posted image

I knew I should've asked for permission to upload this to DA. Now I can't start storing my files there instead of laggy photobucket

I was told that the head was a similar shape to that of a gazelle, so here you go

Also, I'm closing my request slots for now in order to 'renew' the shop a bit, I don't really want to post these 3 months after they've been requested anymore. I might limit my slots to 2 or just stop taking requests altogether if my job ends up eating my time up.

Also, sockpuppet, I'm just going to let you know that the filtered/overlayed version of my pic in your signature looks better on my laptop, but on my desktop computer, it's quite over-saturated. I'd recommend sticking to the original coloring so people with brighter monitors don't have a bad time looking a it, but it's your call since I gave you permission to edit it after all.

Thanks

Edited by kastrex

are we allowed to request?

Can you make a golden wyvern thingy maybe for my signature? I'd love that!

Edited by kittyrules2003

Also, sockpuppet, I'm just going to let you know that the filtered/overlayed version of my pic in your signature looks better on my laptop, but on my desktop computer, it's quite over-saturated. I'd recommend sticking to the original coloring so people with brighter monitors don't have a bad time looking a it, but it's your call since I gave you permission to edit it after all.

Thanks

I didn't do anything but re-size it, so I'm not sure how to fix that. =o I'm using FireAlpaca because GIMP quit working for me, but maybe you could re-size it in your software so the colors don't get altered by the program?

(Also, looooove how you've portrayed that lunar's wings!)

Omg wow, in awe of your work <3

This is some serious dedicated work that I'd expect to pay a lot for if they were commissioned pieces through dA!

@SockPuppet Strangler yeah I think the program you use sticks a white overlay over the images or something

The larger version of the image you uploaded on imgur has the same effect, too

Here's a replacement to stick in your sig

user posted image

[url=https://i.imgur.com/ghWtsNE.png][img=https://i.imgur.com/P99RmiU.png][/url]

Sorry kitty, but I'm kinda renovating the shop at the moment and you won't be able to request until I'm close to finishing what I'm working on now. This is for reasons related to stress that would otherwise cause me to opt out of the shop in my opinion.

Thanks all, I don't do commissions because I'm too unreliable hehe

Edited by kastrex

Sorry kitty, but I'm kinda renovating the shop at the moment and you won't be able to request until I'm close to finishing what I'm working on now. This is for reasons related to stress that would otherwise cause me to opt out of the shop in my opinion.

Ah, it's ok! I can still admire the work tongue.gif

The sharp, clean edges in you art are just amazing... I don't know how you do it! The only thing I'm noticing in the Lunar Herald's art is that the chest seems to pinch up right where the near arm joins it, but maybe it's the shading messing with my eyes... That background though! The effects are just spectacular! (Totally not jealous of your background skills.) I can't wait for the request slots to open up again.

Okay turns out I'm just limiting my slots to 2

user posted image

Opacity lock usually does it for me when I'm trying to keep my edges hard but I wish SAI had a gaussian blur filter for when things need softening

Looks like I forgot to erase the chest highlight where the arm came in on the LH drawing, I'll get to that after I edit the black dragon pic (the dragon closest to the viewer really needs more work put into it)

Edited by kastrex

Could I request for an Aegis? Either version is fine smile.gif

No words can describe how awesome your artwork is!

Its so, so good! The bright colours and the high resolution make each picture pop out! Specially the GoN and the Lunar Herald and the Ember and the Aeon and the Gemshard- everything basically!

Edited by arjunvohra

Oh wow, damn your art makes for gorgeous wallpaper backgrounds, I can't wait to request smile.gif I see slots have opened and already been filled up lol! I'll be stalking to catch one when they open.

Thank you so much for the Aeon! The colours are so beautiful <3

May I post it on my sig?

Even though I wanted to draw a celestial, I'm afraid you can't do that, sorry

Thanks guys, yes you may use my art in your signatures, I gave permission in the first post.

Because I decided to give this dragon a glow, I didn't give it that many details and made the shading as minimal as I could. I gotta say it has a different look to it

user posted image

Edited by kastrex

It looks like there's a slot open, so can I request a female Gold dragon? Your amazing is simply amazing ohmy.gif