Dragnilu

Good ol' card games

What does ERS stand for? What does BS stand for?

ERS stands for Egyptian Ratscrew. As mentioned by Emma, it's just another name for Slaps. BS, on the other hand, stands for a slightly ruder word. It's also known by the name Cheat.

I see. I searched Egyptian Ratscrew (or Slap), and found out it was similar to Slapjack but slightly different. I thought they were equivalent, Slap being short for Slapjack.

Edited: I am confused. After doing another search and reading how the games are played, I'm surprised that the goal is to stay within the game by having remaining cards. The first one to slap gets the card. We play this as the last one to slap as the one who gets the card, and the goal is to get rid of all the cards in your hand.

laugh.gif I suppose that there are several variations to these games and they can be played differently.

Edited by georgexu94

It seems most of the games I've played or something akin to it have been mentioned. xd.png

When I was in high school, I usually played BS, ERS, and Speed. I also played 13 with a few friends, which seems to be similar to Big Two. Then my brother taught me how to play Spades. I learned to play Hearts, Blackjack, 31, Solitaire, Go Fish, and War at some point. I'm sure there are others I don't remember at the moment. xd.png