Dragnilu

Good ol' card games

I REALLY like card games, especially with the deck of cards.

so i thought of making this thread. There are many card games and i want to learn some too. Of course this topic is not limited to only the 52 deck of cards, we can also do games like uno. (but please try not talking about pokemon cards and stull like that. I think there is a topic for those)

Anyway i know a few like Durak which means stupid, idiot in russian. I'm no russian myself but we do play it a lot in Latvia.

I know black petter, Donkey, Lies, Sole(kinda) i think it is a latvian game too.

There are maybe more but don't know right now. If you wish to know how to play them please ask away. I do hope to learn new games from you guy

I love Uno, Go Fish, Bo Skip

Man, getting together and playing these classic card games were fun. No everyone can play against each other using their phones.

I know how to play some card games, such as Blackjack, and Switch.

I used to play a game very much like Durak, it is called Potkatnoi or Turakas in Estonia. When it was a bad weather day me and my parents (before my family broke apart) used to play.

I don't really play anymore though, too many memories of family life before it went to hell .-.

For as long as I can remember I have been able to play cards. My family went on a lot of adventure holidays so we used to unwind in the evenings playing cards; when I lived with Grandad we used to play all the time; when I'm out providing first aid cover I normally convince the team to play, and it is one of Lover and mine's past-times. I normally have two or three decks of cards on em. And I believe it was Durak/Potkatnoi that my Estonian friend taught me.

Quango, Blob and Lives are the main games I play with my family. Blob is commonly with first aid teams. Sopio (which requires the actual Sopio cards) is very popular among my friends.

Edited by Kestra15

Oh, I used to play a lot of card games when younger, both with my father and with classmates and friends in hotels, field trips and so forth - durak, (or potiknoid/turakas as we call it - I'm likewise Estonian), gentleman, brigde, liar, and so on and so forth. I look back to those days with fondness. biggrin.gif

Well, and a number of games with the non-traditional decks, like "beans". Those including more recently.

I love card games. with a normal deck of cards I know how to play Solitaire, clock solitaire, steal the old man's pack, go fish, and I used to know how to play Texas Hold 'em and was pretty good at it for a noob.

I love uno too.

I used to play Old Maid with my mom sometimes, it was one of my favorite games but I forget how to play it nowadays.

I love card games. with a normal deck of cards I know how to play Solitaire, clock solitaire, steal the old man's pack, go fish, and I used to know how to play Texas Hold 'em and was pretty good at it for a noob.

I love uno too.

how DO you play go fish. I see it a lot in shows and stull like that and it bothers me that i don't know the rules. I'm not very familiar with american card games

everyone loves uno.

Edited by Dragnilu

how DO you play go fish. I see it a lot in shows and stull like that and it bothers me that i don't know the rules. I'm not very familiar with american card games

everyone loves uno.

Go Fish is having seven cards in your hand and you to have pairs. You ask the other player if the have the 3 of Hearts and if they do have it, they have to give it up. If they don't then you have to draw a card from the deck

Go Fish is having seven cards in your hand and you to have pairs. You ask the other player if the have the 3 of Hearts and if they do have it, they have to give it up. If they don't then you have to draw a card from the deck

but what if you lie? is there a point of lying? is it like other games where you need to get rid of all the cards from your hand?

Man i need to catch up on my sole game.

if anyone wants to leanr the basics ask. I kinda know the basics

but what if you lie? is there a point of lying? is it like other games where you need to get rid of all the cards from your hand?

Man i need to catch up on my sole game.

if anyone wants to leanr the basics ask. I kinda know the basics

Lying in Go Fish is against the rules. If you have a card, you HAVE to give them up.

The point of Go Fish to have as many sets of cards as possible once the deck has run out. For example, if you have 3 of the King cards and someone else has to give you to 4th, that is a set for you and those cards are out of play, with one point for you. Once all sets are complete and the deck has run out, the person with the most sets wins.

Keep in mind that was just the way I was taught to play. There are other variations.

I don't play card games anywhere near as much as I used to, but there was one in particular that I used to like called BS (you can imagine what it stands for xd.png) or Cheat. I was taught it by my classmates on a weekend field trip. The rules are pretty simple, but it was so fun.

Edited by CharonDusk

......when do you say go fish? sorry if i just bomb everyone with questions but i like to expand my widom of card games.

I would totally want to leanr BS and ask my class mates to play BS. such bliss

......when do you say go fish? sorry if i just bomb everyone with questions but i like to expand my widom of card games.

I would totally want to leanr BS and ask my class mates to play BS. such bliss

You say Go Fish when you don't have the card the other person asks for. Like if you asked me if I had the 6 of Clubs and I don't have it, the I would say, "Go Fish"

One of my favorite games was War. My Gramps and I always played it a long time ago. It was a lot of fun

Edited by Raptor of Dragons

I have played Knock Rummy, 500 Rummy, Blackjack, 5 Card Stud Poker, Spades, Tonk,Pitch, Gin Rummy and Bridge.

Edited by bigbite100

My favourite card game is probably doubt. Or cheat, or a different slightly rude name tongue.gif

I used to play it with my friends and we would yell the other name it has really loud until the teacher told us off xd.png haha.

I used to like daifugo a lot too but I have forgotten how to play a bit. ;/

I also like Sevens

Snap, Go Fish and Five Card Poker.

Yoy say 'go fish' because when someone asks you for a card you don't have, you are telling them to 'go fish' for it in the deck.

I still like the standard kids card games... Go Fish, Uno, Crazy Eights. I also really love Mille Bornes, a French card game where you have to add up miles driven, but people can sabotage you with things like flat tires and speed limits. I play that with my mom a lot.

I grew up playing card games, and on the rare chance us sisters can get around a table the cards are not far away.

Games I've learned along the way:

52 card deck:

Cribbage - how I learned basic math

Go Fish

Old Maid

Rummy

Skat (31)

Spit

Gin

Spades

Poker - most forms, stud being my favorite

Solitaire

Double Solitaire

Hearts

War

Up and Down the River

High-Low

Spider

Clock Solitaire

Pyramid Solitaire

Specialty Cards

Uno

Skip-bo

Phase 10

I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that come to mind.

I think I need to try to get my sisters together, thank you for that.

@sara4cows: ohmy.gif Wow! That is plenty of games with a fifty-two deck, indeed.

I don't really play card games too often, but when I do get the chance, they're pretty fun. Right now, my friends and I often play Big Two (a Chinese game), Egyptian Ratscrew, and the occasional Cheat (especially when there are a lot of people and multiple decks of cards). I've also played Uno, Solitaire (vanilla, Spider and Clockwork), Blackjack, Go Fish, Old Maid, and Spoons.

I play solitare WAYYYY too much. But I really enjoy challenging myself, and encouraging myself to look ahead. It's a really great game, and I play so many matches on end when I have free time.

I also really love Slaps (aka E.R.S.) but it's stressful.

And Kemps, and BS. Those are the games we play in cabins at camp.

Edited by EmmaD333

I play solitare WAYYYY too much. But I really enjoy challenging myself, and encouraging myself to look ahead. It's a really great game, and I play so many matches on end when I have free time.

I also really love Slaps (aka E.R.S.) but it's stressful.

And Kemps, and BS. Those are the games we play in cabins at camp.

What does ERS stand for? What does BS stand for?