Wildmoon

Show Dragon Codes / Add an Easy "Scrolling" option

So, the other day, I spent a long time going through each of my named dragons, looking for one that I was sure I remembered had an interesting-ish code.

My first suggestion is fairly simple - when viewing a list of dragons on a scroll, it would also have the dragons code listed somewhere, despite the dragon being named or not.

Perhaps when you hover over the sprite, it would show the code?

Or maybe an option to sort by "showing codes"?

My second suggestion is a bit more complex.

A scrolling system that allows you to easily scroll through your dragons. As in, when you are viewing one dragon, you can easily click onto the next, without having to click back, and then scroll to find the next dragon you were looking at. This way, it makes it a little bit easier to find the codes.

For example, you could be viewing the first dragon in your list, and in the corner it could say "next dragon"

After all, it did take a loooonggg time to keep clicking back and forward over and over. And I am aware that some people breed to find certain codes, ect. (such as the Z Codes) So maybe something like this would make it just a bit easier. happy.gif

Dragon scrolling: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=135692 where a next button has already been suggested.

(Just fyi, if you hover over a link, such as a dragon on your scroll, the url should pop up somewhere along the bottom of your screen, so you can see the code without clicking on the dragon.)

~

The only way I can see this working not messily is if there were two rows in the name column for hatchies and adults, but I'm not sure if that's possible? Could also get squished and busy on hatchies.

This isn't a priority for me or necessarily something I would particularly use.

If you set your browser not to load images, the codes show up in the place of the images. How easy is that ?

The only way I can see this working not messily is if there were two rows in the name column for hatchies and adults, but I'm not sure if that's possible? Could also get squished and busy on hatchies.

This isn't a priority for me or necessarily something I would particularly use.

Or add a Code line where the secondary Name line used to be, with its own separate visual grouping.

Something like this:

user posted image

Doesn't look too busy to me, especially in context of an adult with 9 child links.

Adding the dragon's code to its view page is sort of unnecessary in my view, because at that point you can already see it in the URL. Hovering over the dragon's image on the scroll page also does that.

But when I want to see the code of all the dragons on my scroll page (if I am looking for a specific code, for instance) both of those ways of seeing it are way too tedious. I used to be able to do it by blocking images, but now when I try that the image doesn't show, but neither does the code (which frankly puzzles me, because when the page fails to load completely and the images don't load the codes do show.)

Adding the dragon's code to its view page is sort of unnecessary in my view, because at that point you can already see it in the URL. Hovering over the dragon's image on the scroll page also does that.

But when I want to see the code of all the dragons on my scroll page (if I am looking for a specific code, for instance) both of those ways of seeing it are way too tedious. I used to be able to do it by blocking images, but now when I try that the image doesn't show, but neither does the code (which frankly puzzles me, because when the page fails to load completely and the images don't load the codes do show.)

Firefox > addons > Image-show-hide and/or Just disable stuff smile.gif Simples. (I am BIG on refusing to see things I don't wish to see !)

Edited by fuzzbucket

What if she is using Google Chrome?

I do not think Chrome has the same path to that setting. Not to mention it may work differently.

Also, I do not need this suggetion. Sure I have a couple cool codes, but mostly they are just average codes. Plus I name all my dragons, often basing a name off the code if they have a cool code.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

What if she is using Google Chrome?

I do not think Chrome has the same path to that setting. Not to mention it may work differently.

She isn't. I know this. I'm a SPY. ninja.gif

I hate Chrome, for just that reason - their addons are a nightmare.

She isn't. I know this.  I'm a SPY. ninja.gif   

I hate Chrome, for just that reason - their addons are a nightmare.

not a very good spy then wink.gif

I use chrome because Firefox won't run for some reason, and I can't stand internet explorer, but tbh, I didn't think most people could.

But yeah, it doesn't show the code anywhere for me at all when I hover over them.

Ah well. I'll just stop being lazy and keep cliking xd.png

I think Fuzz was actually talking about me using Firefox. And the add-on she offered fixed my issue, so I have switched to that one from the one I had been using.

I'm sorry the fix is not so easy for you. I feel your pain at having to click each dragon to find its code.

I really don't like the idea of another column on the scroll page, though because things are squeezed enough as it is.

I think Fuzz was actually talking about me using Firefox. And the add-on she offered fixed my issue, so I have switched to that one from the one I had been using.

I'm sorry the fix is not so easy for you. I feel your pain at having to click each dragon to find its code.

I really don't like the idea of another column on the scroll page, though because things are squeezed enough as it is.

I was. I thought YOUR post referred back to purple.

I entirely agree with you about iE - you might try Pale Moon ? It has the same addons, for the most part, and is very light on resources.

But I don't fancy an extra column either.

Just my opinion, but the solution is removing the V/UV/C columns and replacing one of them with the code.

The V/UV/C columns are only needed while an egg/hatchling is still growing. Once the dragon is an adult those numbers are no longer needed, and can easily be seen on the individual view pages.

I don't really collect codes myself, but I know that LOTS of folk do, so having the codes on the main scroll page makes perfect sense. Primarily because once the dragon is named you can no longer use the Edit > Find function to search for codes. So if the unnecessary V/UV/C columns were removed and replaced with other more important info like the dragon code, the Edit > Find function would still be available.

I don't see why the code thing is a problem. You can already see the dragon's code when you hover over the image on any browser that previews the link URL. Like in firefox. Since the screencap didn't capture my mouse cursor, imagine it being planted over the image for "Ouebe ki Qays"

user posted image

Sure, you have to mouse over all the possible dragons (which was one of the OP suggestions, so it obviously isn't too onerous), plus it already works and is much less cluttered than adding the code of every named dragon to the scroll.

I'd like a column that shows the code of a named dragon and the ability to sort by code (0 to 9) and then (a to z). This would help to locate interesting codes. Clicking on named dragons one at a time to see its code is not feasible, esp. if one has more than a hundred dragons. Also, for those on mobile and those who use Google Chrome, the hover over is not a choice, seemingly. According to a recent survey on a major computing site that I saw (but didn't save the link), Chrome is used by over half of all 'net users. I think that all sites should function the same in all browsers, but not every coder would agree.

Edited by anetofstars