Asharah

ANSWERED:Leetle Tree Names

I really wish we could name our Leetle Trees. Everyone else on my scroll gets a name but my tree. it's sad. user posted image

Edited by Asharah

Leetle trees cannot be named because they count as eggs, and eggs cannot be named. That's while, a while back, it was suggested to "fertilize" little trees so they would become "hatchlings" and be able to be named: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=149670

I thought there was also a suggestion for naming eggs, which would also solve this dilemma, but I can't find it right now.

I would like to be able to name trees. If we can't name eggs, I think fertilize is a neat way to get around that.

I'd love to be able to name my Leetle Tree! I strongly dislike seeing its code every time I visit my page, heh. I wish I could name it something cool. cool.gif

I'm surprised no one else has commented on this idea! I am all for fertilizing our leetle trees so they can become saplings and then into adult trees, so we can name them then. smile.gif Just because they are adults doesn't mean they can't stay leetle! Side note: I don't think eggs should be named.

Personally, I'd love to be able to name my dragons as eggs already. Sometimes, I have an idea for a really cool name for a dragon (based on its code or its lineage), and I tend to forget about naming the dragon when it hatches due to RL getting in the way. Or I forget my cool naming idea.

I mean, no, we don't know *exactly* what our dragon egg will turn into - but we have a pretty good and solid guess as well as the ability to influence the outcome to some extent. And, let's be honest, how many parents choose names for their children before said children are born? Many even choose a name for each gender, just in case. Why shouldn't this work for dragon eggs?

Yes, please! I would love to name my Leetle Tree. It's the only unnamed thing on my scroll, and the code is really not that pretty.

Yes, yes PLZ

I would love to name my leetle tree something hilarious, and not having to see an unnamed something once I get one.

I wanna name my ADORABLE leetle tree. ;;u;; I went to so much effort to find it after all these years! I don't want it to go unnamed for longer than I have to! Especially since I love to name EVERYTHING on my scroll. ;;-;; I don't even mind not naming eggs, so if fertilize will make it work then I will happily go with that! <3

I'd like to be able to name them too tongue.gif

Imagine if we had a "breed" action for them that instantly generated another tree, so we could use them as scroll dividers.

Imagine if we had a "breed" action for them that instantly generated another tree, so we could use them as scroll dividers.

That would be neat tongue.gif

And maybe we could stick them in one sprite to have all the different sprites on our scroll at once. tongue.gif

But yes - definitely naming leetle trees!

Naming Leetle Trees would be great, especially for someone like me, who feels the urge to name everyone and everything on their scroll. It feels a bit odd not being able to, so I'd most definitely be in favor of naming becoming a possibility in the future, either via BSA or something else.

Leetle trees cannot be named because they count as eggs, and eggs cannot be named.

But eggs can't be frozen, either, and the Leetle Trees are shown as "frozen eggs" on our scrolls.

I'm not against any of the suggested additional abilities or anything, but all I really wish for is to be able to name my Leetle Tree.

I would like to be able to name mine, all of my dragons except cool coded ones are named and my leetle trees code just kinda looks out of place on my scroll^

Edited by SallyPuddy

Frozen eggs should be nameable... IF we ever get Freeze for eggs people who are into naming would definitely prefer to name them just like they'd rather name thier Leetle Trees atm or even mre for tthere woudl be plenty of frozen eggs on their scrolls then... And those codes indeed look out of place and messy on an all-named scroll.

I see no reason against naming eggs in general btw http://taleofostlea.net/levelup/click/Wf63Qo , even the growing ones (would prevent accidental trade offers if you named eggs you want to keep:P)

Edited by VixenDra

I personally love my leetle tree's silly code, but I don't reason to not have something like this. I agree that a code can really stick out in a sea of named dragons smile.gif

I would love to be able to name eggs or at the very least my leetle tree. And if we ever get to freeze eggs I would very much like to name those (or not have the code displayed)

I see no reason why we shouldn't be allowed to name eggs. With the way we can use the Aeons to predict the gender now, it's not even a question of not knowing exactly what it will turn into as an adult; I mean new dragons being introduced to the cave, sure we don't know then, but that's never stopped anyone from sticking a name they want on a spare dragon to preserve it until they can name their brand new dragons.

Anyway. Getting back to the subject, I would love to name my leetle tree. Whether that's because I have fertilized it and it's a sapling now, or we're able to name eggs, I'm not much fussed either way.