Tango

What's your opinion on exclusive dragons?

What's your opinion on exclusive dragons? (Dragons that cannot be captured Cb by everyone at all times)  

112 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

NotBambi: it was brought up earlier. Someone who I think hadn't read the store thread saw "store" and maybe thought "real money". I answered that but didn't link the store thread. That might have helped.

ewi122: My point was not that spriter alts were no big deal, but that regular dragon releases aren't a big deal. Just fun new toys for our collections. Holidays are special. So to me regular release dragons just really don't have a reason to have alts.

NotBambi: it was brought up earlier. Someone who I think hadn't read the store thread saw "store" and maybe thought "real money". I answered that but didn't link the store thread. That might have helped.

I bumped the store topic but didn't link to it. Oops.

ewi122: My point was not that spriter alts were no big deal, but that regular dragon releases aren't a big deal. Just fun new toys for our collections. Holidays are special. So to me regular release dragons just really don't have a reason to have alts.

Yep, that's how I understood you. I adore Spriter Alts, but to me a sprite is a sprite, a dragon is a dragon and work is work. And they all shoud be treated equally. Regular release dragons ARE a big production, when the holiday ones are... well, fun new toys in some way. I suppose there is no problem if the 'regular release no big deal' spriters don't feel somehow mistreated.

Yep, that's how I understood you. I adore Spriter Alts, but to me a sprite is a sprite, a dragon is a dragon and work is work. And they all shoud be treated equally. Regular release dragons ARE a big production, when the holiday ones are... well, fun new toys in some way. I suppose there is no problem if the 'regular release no big deal' spriters don't feel somehow mistreated.

I, being rather ignorant about the spriting process, can't see much difference between the holidays and the regular releases - other than the how often they're released. I think I suggested something ages ago that spriters of regular dragons that got released should get a code instead of an alt. But I digress.

I am a collector, and as such, I dislike that there are sprites that I can never collect. That includes the Snow Angel sub-types, of which each scroll can only have one, making two of the sprites exclusive from my point of view.

But since that's never going to change and no scroll is allowed to become truely complete, I stopped caring and just collect what I am allowed to.

CB prizes are okay as long as the sprite can be collected.

I think maybe it should be possible for people to collect all three colour variations of snow angels

I think maybe it should be possible for people to collect all three colour variations of snow angels

There's a couple suggestions out there aimed at just that. One's a BSA for Snow Angels, if memory serves. Another has to do with hatching location. And I supported both, because I too would like to have some way to collect all three.

As for regular release vs Holiday, there really isn't much of a difference, it really is the whole event type deal that is "special". I know the alts for regulars has come up in the past, and was not supported by the artists. So since the people doing the actual work don't support it... I see no reason to push for it.

Cheers!

C4.

I am a collector, and as such, I dislike that there are sprites that I can never collect. That includes the Snow Angel sub-types, of which each scroll can only have one, making two of the sprites exclusive from my point of view.

I wish there was some way that traded eggs/hatchies would keep their original wings and transmit them. But... I doubt will ever happen, I can just hope.

As for regular release vs Holiday, there really isn't much of a difference, it really is the whole event type deal that is "special". I know the alts for regulars has come up in the past, and was not supported by the artists. So since the people doing the actual work don't support it... I see no reason to push for it.

Cheers!

C4.

Really? I'm actually pretty surprised that most artists wouldn't want an alt. You got any threads about this?

Also snow angel patterns are another 'half' exclusive I forgot to add.

Really? I'm actually pretty surprised that most artists wouldn't want an alt. You got any threads about this?

Also snow angel patterns are another 'half' exclusive I forgot to add.

Mostly I wish that the artists that would want an alt could get it. The last thing I would want is "mandatory alting."

There was a thread in Suggestions about it awhile ago. I expect it's gone now, but I didn't go look. A number of the in-cave artists posted at that time. None that I can think of were in favor.

As much as I wish I vould have all the Snow Angels, that's how they work in game. I don't see TJ changing it even if it was supported 100% by the fanbase--and while I would love all of them, I don't actually support that happening. It makes our scrolls a little bit unique.

Mostly I wish that the artists that would want an alt could get it. The last thing I would want is "mandatory alting."

I believe TJ has to set dragons to alt status individually and manually, so I can't imagine "mandatory alting" would ever be a thing unless he automates it somehow.

I believe TJ has to set dragons to alt status individually and manually, so I can't imagine "mandatory alting" would ever be a thing unless he automates it somehow.

Sigh. My apologies, my comment was far from clear. I meant that should not mandatory for spriters to create an Alt.

I don't really think dragoncave is mandatory anything. The idea that Tj would force spriters to create an alt is kind of ridiculous. I was wondering more, should spriters that request an alt on any released dragon get one?

I was wondering more, should spriters that request an alt on any released dragon get one?

For regular releases, there are no alts, but for holiday releases it has happened before. As far as I know, the pumpkin and yulebuck alts were added later.

Edited by Ha-Ki

For regular releases, there are no alts, but for holiday releases it has happened before. As far as I know, the pumpkin and yulebuck alts were added later.

Yes we know currently non holiday dragons don't get alts, but should they?

I think maybe if the spriter would like one they should. It could set a precedent for other regular release spriters. But I also think that if a spriter doesn't want one then they shouldn't have to get one.

There was a thread in Suggestions about it awhile ago. I expect it's gone now, but I didn't go look. A number of the in-cave artists posted at that time. None that I can think of were in favor.

This is what I meant:

- Holidays and relative Alts stay as they are

- For non-holidays, if the artists and TJ agree, new Alts are created

Nothing else.