mia7779

Striped River Art Observation

I noticed that the Striped River dragon looks really similar to Haku from Spirited Away. I figured it might be possible it was a nod to the movie, but if not I still love the design nonetheless!

[sorry, I would link photos but I can't figure out how lol]

I love that movie too, but I think it extremely unlikely it would be based on Haku due to copyright reasons. However, it is an Eastern-style water dragon depicted in 'midair' so there are bound to be similarities between them.

I think so, too! See? :3 I mean, Dinos and Shallow Waters and the Legendary Trio + GoN are loosely based on other things so maybe this is also? :)

I thought the exact same thing! I wanted to name mine after the Kohaku River, but the name was obviously taken. Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies though, and is one of the reasons why Striped Rivers are one of my fave breeds smile.gif

Edited by andromedae

To be honest I never heard about the movie, but I looked up Haku on google images and the Silver Dragon just seems much closer to it in my opinion.

I love that movie too, but I think it extremely unlikely it would be based on Haku due to copyright reasons. However, it is an Eastern-style water dragon depicted in 'midair' so there are bound to be similarities between them.

That's true.

I think so, too! See? :3 I mean, Dinos and Shallow Waters and the Legendary Trio + GoN are loosely based on other things so maybe this is also? smile.gif

It would be cool if it was, and that was the reason I thought so too, because I know previous designs have been inspired form other things.

I thought the exact same thing! I wanted to name mine after the Kohaku River, but the name was obviously taken. Spirited Away is one of my favorite movies though, and is one of the reasons why Striped Rivers are one of my fave breeds smile.gif

I know, right? I love the movie. I'm going to get one as soon as all my hatchlings grow up and I have enough space.

To be honest I never heard about the movie, but I looked up Haku on google images and the Silver Dragon just seems much closer to it in my opinion.

That's also a good point! They both have their own similarities to Haku.