DuskOfTheStars

((Multiverse)) Valkemare: The Everlasting Past

Voltalia cried out, smelling her own blood. The creature didn't understand her, it seemed. Worse, that pain was slowly creeping down her ear. Now the figure turned to leave. Voltalia had raised herself up, but now she sank down. Pain... and she was feeling faint. Blood lapped at her feet. The world was tinged red now.

If anyone else could have seen her, they would have noticed black streaks creeping down her ear. They corresponded with her blood vessels. Then there were the wounds staining her feathery yellow fur and metal body parts with red. Her eyes flickered open and closed as she struggled to stay awake.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((Since Mage hasn't posted yet I'll write a quick, small one while we wait))

The creature watched the white being very closely, but so far nothing special has happened. He tried to associate the gesturing and mumbling with something he has seen before, but he couldn't recall anything at home that had this sort of thing... though, he could remember taller creatures with wings that would use soul-speak to shout at each other, before gesturing and causing elemental chaos. There was a lot of anger in those places, but such chaos was instantaneous and not slow like what the white being was doing.

Hm, soul-speak.... it wasn't that much different from the mind-noise communication! But these were definitely noises in the creature's head, and not strong feelings forced to occur in a specific order. This was definitely its own thing.

Green Shard decided to sit in a chair and start unwrapping something from its leg while they waited for something to happen, and the creature turned to look at the new movement. As the thing it was unwrapping came off it steadily grew darker and darker, like it was hiding something underneath. An ooze, perhaps? Or maybe-

GAH! What was that?!

The creature felt the same apprehension that he felt when he first saw the black wispy things that were bad, though this time it was stronger, and somehow connected to Green Shard. Speaking of, it didn't seem very happy about the black, pulsing, hypodermic mass either. The creature crawled toward it a bit, but did not come too close; instead he just made a few muffled chirps.

"Great Heavens..." Luko whispered in response to the green haired woman's cry.

Qaksh twisted his head around. The had barely started, and the white dragon lost her focus on the Soulpeace, although the latter dragon was already starting to look like he was in a better condition. He followed her gaze to look at his new friends, and under the bandages Michelle's wound had begun something akin to rotting.

"Did you get hurt by one of those... things?" the Magi dragon asked after a bit of a silence. He wrinkled his nose. The closest thing to this the dragon had seen was the time Ralph got bit by a cobra. Seems like the blackness from the cut was spreading at a rapid pace through the bloodstream. "A poison?" he asked out loud.

The white dragon pointed to the shelf of potions with her snout. "Antidotes are on the second bottom row. I trust you're intelligent enough to figure out which one."

It took a minute to find the one he thought would work best. Grabbing the crystal bottle with a blue liquid off the shelf carefully in his claws, he placed it gently on the counter near where Michelle was sitting, followed by a small stone cup. "Try this one. Pour about half way; the stuff's pretty potent."

"That'll be 350," Luko mentioned privately to Qaksh while she returned to healing the Soulpeace.

"What?! Come on, I can brew that stuff in my sleep!" he retorted, unaware that he was broadcasting to everyone.

((So I was asked for a summary in a Chatzy.

Basically: Every PC gets a dream (except Qaksh and Co.). They awaken. Their awakening occurs in a small village. However, Dark Legion meeting was going on and sent people there. The Dark Legion attacks are fought off, but Voltalia abd Michelle both get bit by Corrupteon, poisoning them. When the fight ends, Michelle teams up with Qaksh and his crew, who discover Lolek and ES. ES had ben running away from Steps and then Lolek. ES then freaks out and knocks himself out. Michelle, Qaksh, and Lolek head to the healer's while bringing along an unconsvious ES. Meanwhile, Steps finds Voltalia. Communication is atrempted, but neither understands the other. Steps leaves to get help for Voltalia, who's passing out. Back at the healer's, the gealer is healing ES and then Michelle.

Ehh... they asked for the quick summary. Anyways, made a Chatzy too! Link: http://us20.chatzy.com/22459016656618#0

Also, does me lengthening the CD before inactivity to 14 days sound good, what with school and all?

I'll be away frrom tomorrow to 10/1. Diring that time, ES and Voltalia will be NOC chars anyone can control. Just try to keep them IC and remember Volt is beat up and sporting a Corrupteon bite.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

---Steps---

The traveler watched the creature sink down, it's red coloring changing to black and the colors spider webbing across the creatures skin. It was concerning, not actually knowing what was wrong but understanding that it was obviously under a lot of pain right now. The fact that the creature had sunk down to the ground once more was enough for Steps to continue out of the alley; it seemed it wasn't going to be going anywhere.

It was getting dark now, the light red and orange and black as the sun sunk under the horizon, and the inhabitants of the village were starting to light torches and the like to light up their town. A few were gathering up the corpses from the earlier fight, placing them in carts and wheelbarrows. Steps got a few glances, but most of the people were tired from the long, chaotic day and they decided not to get involved with the strange cloaked figure.

The traveler chimed quietly, looking around and hoping to spot a creature similar to the yellow one behind them. If they could find another of the same design, then it might be able to help. Chirping a little more, their symbol hovering over their head for a moment before fading, Steps took off down the cobbled street, head swerving this way and that to try and find someone who could help.

"Great Heavens..."

Michelle looked up. Not only was the little purple critter staring at her, it seems that her swear drew the attention of the other two conscious dragons in the room. The white looked horrified, and Sir Qaksh seemed stunned. The purple creature took a few steps toward her, but stayed away, previous chirping now subdued.

"Did you get hurt by one of those... things?" He eventually asked. Michelle nodded in reply, moving the last of the bandages off to show the now blackened wound.

"A poison?"

"It looks like one, I guess... But most poisons I know don't turn blood black. Michelle said with a grimace. It's a wonder that she wasn't feeling the slightest bit nauseous, but she was starting to get nervous. "And yes, yes I did. Do you think this is poison, or something more... Sinister? It doesn't feel right. Normal poison doesn't have an aura of dark mana around it."

"Try this one. Pour about half way; the stuff's pretty potent," Sir Qaksh said as he put a container of clear blueish liquid from the shelves at the white dragon's behest. She took the proffered cup and poured the stuff slowly, holding her breath from the fumes. The stuff was potent.... Michelle steeled herself, wishing desperately that she had a toy on her, and drank the potion.

GAH! She coughed for a minute after drinking it all in one go. No wonder toys were made so you only had to crush the bottle. After taking a few breaths and clearing her throat, though, she wondered if this would be best. After all, common mysterious toys were too general and unable to cure the worst of aliments... Unless...

"Kah.... By chance, do you have any Sparkling Toys for sale here?" Michelle asked the question without even thinking, then remembered the incident with the "health potion." "Er, and by that, I mean a powerful cure-all for... Um... Magical illnesses?"

((Sorry I've been away. Bit sick. I'll edit this with rp post. Anyone want a time wxtension (7 days > 14 days) for activity?))

((To be honest I don't know how the activity timer works. xd.png I'm guessing it only applies to people who have posts due, and once the timer is up their characters become NPCs? If that's the case go ahead and extend my timer, since I could technically post right now but I'm paranoid about starting up some sandwich-posting with Pyro. ^^ That and Mage has a lot going on in real life right now, so I wouldn't mind waiting a bit longer.))

Name: Meep, or the Meep

Universe: League of Legends,

Species: They are a Meep, creatures found around the universe that are attracted to chimes, jingles and jangles. They are usually found around a champion named Bard, a being that travels around universes, and assist him in attacking and slowing an opponent. They normally exist in another dimension before being attracted by the chimes.

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Appearance: http://imgur.com/a/HbXf0

Personality: I'm doing a bit of guessing here but Meeps are generally very curious and loyal. If they are following to someone they will work very hard to assist that person

History: This particular Meep was simply exploring its considerably large universe when it was destroyed. It awoke in the dream, and then found itself floating in universe of valkemare

Extra: not really

Edited by flame249

Name: Meep, or the Meep

Universe: League of Legends,

Species: They are a meep, creatures found around the universe that are attracted to chimes, jingles and jangles. They are usually found around a champion named bard, a being that travels around universes, and assist him in attacking and slowing an opponent. They normally exist in another dimension before being attracted by the chimes.

Alignment: Lawful neutral?

Appearance: http://imgur.com/a/HbXf0

Personality: I'm doing a bit of guessing here but Meeps are generally very curious and loyal. If they are following to someone they will generally work very hard to assist that person

History: This particular Meep was simply exploring its considerably large universe when it was summoned by Shadow, it doesn't have very much of a history, mostly just agelessly floating around the universe

Extra: not really

((I'll note that the other universes were destroyed aeons before this starts. Maybe change it to mention the universe's destruction and the return to life? Once that's done I believe you are good to go.))

((I'll note that the other universes were destroyed aeons before this starts. Maybe change it to mention the universe's destruction and the return to life? Once that's done I believe you are good to go.))

((oh yeah, I'm sorry, I'll get right on it ^^'))

((Fix up your grammar please and thank you very much. After you do so, you're approved.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Name: Elphaba Thropp

Universe: Wicked (The Musical)

Species: Human (I think)

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Appearance: [X]

Personality: Elphaba was looked down upon as a child and forced to care for her crippled younger sister, so she learned to fight adversity with sarcasm and keep everyone out. She is smart, independent, and very outspoken, which causes her to get into trouble sometimes and accounts for some of the misunderstandings people have about her. Due to her skin, she is aware that she is more prone to rumors and harassment than others. She has a desire to be loved and accepted. On that note, she was devoted to many things: her sister, helping the Animals and very passionate in her fight against the Wizard. The path to her becoming the Wicked Witch of the West was very psychological. She presumed her lover was dead, after he had saved her, and out of spite became a Witch. She finds it hard to forgive, but after time it's possible for her to renew her bonds. Elphaba is misunderstood, smart, fiery, passionate, and out-spoken.

History: Look for 'In the Musical'.

Extra:

Name: Kyle Ossler

Universe: Fandomless

Species: Human

Alignment: Neutral

Personality: Kyle likes to be social, talk about band and the dank memes. He enjoys joking around and chilling out with his friendos, especially his squad in marching band. He's rather passionate about what he likes, and once he starts talking about a subject he's into, there's little chance in stopping him. He's a nerd and likes video games, and he's relatively sharp-minded. Kyle is a fun-spirited chap and rather easygoing and chill most of the time.

History: Kyle lived his life in a large suburban town in central New Jersey. His father was often busy at work, so most times it would just be him, his mother and his brother. He always had an interest in music, especially '50s music and rather unknown guitar players. In fourth grade he started playing the trombone. Kyle loved to watch the marching band preform, especially. He would beg his mom to go to the football games just to see the marching band perform at the halftime show, and worked super hard to sound the best that he could. He was able to join in eighth grade and so he did, and had a lit time with his squad, even after the season ended.

Extra: I'm really, really sorry that there isn't much to his personality. I haven't gotten a chance to really flesh him out yet. unsure.gif

Name: Elphaba Thropp

Universe: Wicked (The Musical)

Species: Human (I think)

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Personality: Elphaba was looked down upon as a child and forced to care for her crippled younger sister, so she learned to fight adversity with sarcasm and keep everyone out. She is smart, independent, and very outspoken, which causes her to get into trouble sometimes and accounts for some of the misunderstandings people have about her. Due to her skin, she is aware that she is more prone to rumors and harassment than others. She has a desire to be loved and accepted. On that note, she was devoted to many things: her sister, helping the Animals and very passionate in her fight against the Wizard. The path to her becoming the Wicked Witch of the West was very psychological. She presumed her lover was dead, after he had saved her, and out of spite became a Witch. She finds it hard to forgive, but after time it's possible for her to renew her bonds. Elphaba is misunderstood, smart, fiery, passionate, and out-spoken.

History: Look for 'In the Musical'.

Extra:

Name: Kyle Ossler

Universe: Fandomless

Species: Human

Alignment: Neutral

Personality: Kyle likes to be social, talk about band and the dank memes. He enjoys joking around and chilling out with his friendos, especially his squad in marching band. He's rather passionate about what he likes, and once he starts talking about a subject he's into, there's little chance in stopping him. He's a nerd and likes video games, and he's relatively sharp-minded. Kyle is a fun-spirited chap and rather easygoing and chill most of the time.

History: Kyle lived his life in a large suburban town in central New Jersey. His father was often busy at work, so most times it would just be him, his mother and his brother. He always had an interest in music, especially '50s music and rather unknown guitar players. In fourth grade he started playing the trombone. Kyle loved to watch the marching band preform, especially. He would beg his mom to go to the football games just to see the marching band perform at the halftime show, and worked super hard to sound the best that he could. He was able to join in eighth grade and so he did, and had a lit time with his squad, even after the season ended.

Extra: I'm really, really sorry that there isn't much to his personality. I haven't gotten a chance to really flesh him out yet.  unsure.gif

((Accepted! No worries, I've done chars with LESS personality because I needed to RP them to hammer it out and even one whose personality ended up completely changing from the form. It turned out I couldn't RP cheerful in that universe, plus the situation...

You're approved.))

Etetrnal Slumber awoke.

The pain from his leg.. his body too... it had receded.

He looked up. Human. And a Magi. And a White. And that purple thing!

He sstruggled, eyes wide. What... what were they...

A leg scrabbled on the ground. He swung his head, searching for sn escape. But he still hurt.

--

Sting snarled. He was NOT happy. His commander had seen to it he was punished for that disastrous raid, along with his surviving comrades. They now skulked in a hallway.

The Fever Wyvern heard something and turned sharply. That something turned out to be a black-haired human with blue streaks in her hair.

"Who are you, and what are you here for?!"

Her amber eyes glinted dangerously, even as Sting's darkly coloured comrades came up, frothing at the mouth and lashing white-tipped tails. Their tail claws were opening and closing constsntly now.

"Silence, mangy beasts. You are not the ones I seek. The ones I seek are not here."

A Corrupteon snarled.

"You insulting us, lady?"

She stared at them, an almost faraway look on her face.

"Call me Lorekeeper."

"What sort of name is--"

"Aeons ago they made the greatest mistake. Aeons ago they sealed the gods. And now they reap their reward -- a traitor's reward."

Her eyes had a faint glow to them as a power gripped her body.

Corrupteon were cowardly creatures, and these particular ones were no exception. They were grunts, snd there were only about three there. They didn't like the strange knowledge she had. The power that gripped her. And with that, they turned tail.

Sting raised his tail at the girl.

"Brute force?" she commented. Then she responded to him - and to her question - by hurling a ball of shadow at the bloodstained Fever Wyvern. He had made the basic mistake of putting his guard down, and she took advantage of his stunned state to get a move on.

((Woohoo, finally put up a post for Sting! We also meet another NPC...))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

She couldn't stop thinking about that stupid dream. And how she got here.

Elphaba held the Grimmerie close to her -she could've sworn she left it behind when she "melted"- and trudged on, with no particular destination. She wanted a damn explanation. Her stomach protested and she set her jaw, adjusting her hat on her head and wishing she had her broomstick; or at least another one to enchant. She was pretty sure she could find the same spell she used on the last one, anyway. She just needed a damn broomstick. In her time of being the Wicked Witch, she had grown accustomed to the sky. And now she was in the middle of nowhere, with no escape. Elphaba ignored the wail of her feet and walked on.

"Aha!" She spotted a small village on the horizon. Just what she needed. She could possibly find answers there, and snatch a broom while at it. No doubt there would be a scene with her being green and all, but what she needed was much more important. She quickened her pace, finally having a destination.

---

Almost eighty sets of marching shoes hit the turf, mostly in sync. Well, except for Scott and any of the newbies, but the latter group was getting there. He was surprised that Scott was still around. But that was beside the point. Last year -his first year in the band- the Nationals in Allentown seemed so scary for him. But they had won first place then, and he hoped to do it again. The drill came naturally to him and so did the music, his fingers pressing down the right valves on the baritone. He really liked the show music this year, though he did kind of miss the playfulness of the previous one.

While marching, Kyle's legs suddenly froze. Before he could react, he tipped backwards and crashed into the ground. Nick, having been in a backwards technique, fell over him. So did Jess, a more awkward and nervous soul. "Kyle!" They both exclaimed, and his two closest friends were watching with horrified expressions as he blacked out.

~~~

The image of a hollow, dead landscape filled his sight. Huh? Kyle looked around. This had to be some sort of dream, maybe a nightmare. What caused him to suddenly collapse during the show? Questions whirled in his head.

Welcome.... to my land. Your world... has outlived its light. My children, darkened by the aeons, and by those who have done them wrong, have awakened a powerful evil. An evil, born of the Multiverse’s evil. You mortals are resourceful. Such a pity your world will end. But it must end.

What? A form took shape in front of him. It appeared to keep changing shape, made out of total darkness. Edgy, he thought. But then it spoke again, its voice resounding with a sort of power.

Aeons before Valkemare, there was a Multiverse. These dark remnants are all that is left of that once-glorious Multiverse.

Valkemare must end. It seems glorious, but it will end. I shall bring a new world. A new world, where I am the only God. Where your memories never were.

But yet you mortals are determined. Determined to live. To let your world live. I who allowed your creation... respect this. You have... a chance to save your world. Do not squander it.

If you wish to let your world see another aeon, you must kill the Everlasting of old. They, who are my children, they have been corrupted. They must be replaced. The evils that have escaped must be destroyed. Or sealed for all time. If you fail, your world dies, to be replaced.

I... am the True, Eternal Shadow. The world ends with... you.

Valkemare? Multiverse? Everlasting? Kyle shook his head. "I don't even know what this all is!" Before he could ask for answers, the ground rumbled. "Wait! Why me-" Before he could answer, the ground split under him and he fell.

---Steps---

The traveler had gotten lost. Wandering around the town, stumbling into abandoned alleyways and empty streets with only the light of flickering torches here and there, Steps had lost all sense of direction. It didn't help that they had not been paying much attention on where they were going, their mind more focused on trying to find a creature similar to the one they wanted to help. Chirping softly, looking down another quiet street, Steps was starting to wonder if they would ever be able to help that creature. What if it was alone here, like Steps?

Shaking their cloak after a moment, the traveler continued on, whistling and chirping every once in awhile. Someone had to be out here who could help. Even though Steps wouldn't know the way back, it didn't really cross their mind that this would be a problem. The more important goal was to find help; being lost could be handled later.

((Their poison is magic-attuned, so any at least semi powerful curative for magical poison should work. Bonus healing power if the curative's Light attuned. However, Dark/Shadow attuned curatives (why would most use one other than certain types of magical poisonings but) are likely to fail and strengthen the poison.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

"It didn't seem to work," Quash commented. He held still in suspense, but the tainted wound didn't seem to recede. Michelle then suggested a magical curative. "Of course!" shouted the magi dragon. "Not of course we have these... 'sparkling toys' but of course that the ailment is magical, not physical. Not that the panacea you just drank would be ineffective, since it will prevent further damage to your system for the moment... How would you apply toys anyway? Your nomenclature for healing items is strange."

The dragon vanished behind the counter, only his tail visible and waving eagerly in the air. The white dragon, on the other hand, rolled her eyes and focused on her patient who was beginning to stir and gesture wildly, only stopped by how hurt and exhausted he was. Frustrated at how distracting he was and how the Soulpeace was getting clawmarks into her floor, Luko bared her teeth and hissed a warning, "If you don't stay still for the healing, I'll toss you back out to those nightmare dogs."

Edited by TehUltimateMage

The small creature turned around as Orange Glow retrieved one of the swirly, colorful things from the wall, before giving it the Green Shard. The being seemed to know what to do with it, so the creature simply watched as it tipped back the object and drank its contents.

Hm... that's something he knew. But it wasn't very interesting.

Both Orange Glow and Green Shard were staring at the pulsing black mark on the latter's leg, speaking to one another, but still the creature couldn't really follow the words... though, watching Green Shard reminded him of just how hungry he was. He had never felt this hungry before. How odd.

The creature "sniffed" the air with his tongue, looking up and down Orange Glow and tried to smell anything interesting, but the white being waving the wooden thing and the pale being were both in the way. Speaking of which, the pale being was starting to twitch.

Awake? Had it awoken?

The pale being looked very worn out from its previous game, barely able to look around at the creature and the three beings around it. Its eyes then widened and it began to scramble, causing the white being to growl and make mind-noises at it. The creature watched it for a short while, tongue still flicking in and out, before it caught a scent.

Scent? What was that?

The creature's head turned in the direction of the scent, trying to find its source. It didn't recognize the smell, though it smelled good, whatever it was. It was something Green Shard had... Rearing up like a snake, the creature's neck swayed as it tried to pinpoint the source. It wasn't up too high, or too low... it was right where Green Shard's crystal was hanging; there was a pocket there.

Curiosity peaked, the creature swayed forward and threw his foreclaws over the rim of a strap around Green Shard's waist to hold on, using his second set of claws to find an opening in the pocket. Ah, it was sealed right there; it must have an opening! The good-smelling-thing must be inside! He tried to pry the pocket open, but it was clamped shut rather well. Chirping in distress, he tried pulling it apart further; he wanted the good-smelling-thing!

Edited by skwerl56767

Eternal Peace roared in fear as he heard the hostile tone. Hewasgoingtobeattackedhewasgoingtobeattacked--

The Soulpeace spread scarred and torn wings, ttemoting to get away... but the pain only got worse. His leg glopped awjwardly, and he swayed as he tried to get up and run. His tail lashed everywhere, and his eyes wee wide in fear and pain.

---

Sting was still angry. Scratch that, furious. The human had distespected HIM. He wanted revenge now.

The Fever Wyvern lifted off. Sure, he was going to be in trouble, but revenge was worth it. Revenge was best served cold.

((Esko, should I send a NPC to go interact with you?

@Everyone

Gotta a idea for the final boss. The idea is that they're corrupted Good itself. As it escapes, which starts when almost all Everlasting have fallen. However, its power increases gradually until right before the final battle, when it breaks its last binding. As the power goes up, good is leached out of everyone, getting worse with greater power. At final battle levels, anyone not motivated by fear/another neutral/negative emotion is vasically running on evil. During the final fight, it will not hold back...

However, this has to be unanimous. If you stay silent for 30 days, I take that as a yes.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

(@Dusky That'd be great, thanks! I haven't written Kyle waking up yet, but just in case it's useful to know; Kyle's lying there in his marching band uniform -shako, plume and everything- and he's holding a shiny silver marching baritone. )

((@Esko- Thanks. Let's see what happens when dragons meet Kyle. Hopefully you don't mind me using a Soulpeace? I xan chanfpge the breed easily if you prefer.))

The frozen female Black hatchling raced round the crushes of humans. She was followd by another frozen hatchling, this one a female Soulpeace.

When the nightmare dogs attacked, the duo had fled and in the ensuing mess, gotten terribly lost.

"Pitch, shouldn't we go find our master?" Dreamer, the Soulpeace, stuttered.

The Black hatchling snorted, blowing hot air from her snout. "Let's explore first, Dreajwr! What are we waiting for?"

Dreamer squeaked, still frightened from the attack.vthwn she spotted a human in odd, fancy clothes.

Pitch had seen him, too. "He looks like someone important. Look at that horn! I wonderbwhat it's for. Maybe it's some kind of warning sound?" The Black hatchling raced over, Dreamer following.

Pitch looked at the human. He was sleeping. Could she wake him up? She poked him.

"I don't think this is a very good idea..." Dreamer said.

----

The bearded mage spotted a girl in black garb. Rhis vlothing looked like a mage's formal robes, at least somewhat. Rhere was a green tinge yo her face, but Strphen wouldn't be suprised if it came from some accident with mana. He was never going to be able to get the blue off his fingers...

The bearded mage then spoted her moving faster, over to the vilage. Come to think of it, he did get a bit lost, but the village she was heading for semed to be his destination, too.

Wait. Safety in numbers, his father used to say. He had seen a group of vicious-looking dogs fleeing. Might not hurt to ask if he could travel with her for a bit.

The mage headed towards the girl.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon