DuskOfTheStars

((Multiverse)) Valkemare: The Everlasting Past

The creature reared up in alarm as his caught being picked itself back up, somehow having the strength to do so. As the being ran it began to feebly beat its wings and sway; the movement wasn't much, the creature sure wasn't used to it. He let out a serious of alarmed chirps as he lost is footing and slipped to the ground. He was becoming too tired to keep chasing the being, but he at least rolled back over to see where it was going...

...At a not-very-impressive speed. The being wavered, swayed, and finally fell back down, barely a few lengths of its own tail ahead. The difference was, this time it didn't get back up.

The creature chirped again. He didn't want to leave his racing companion, but at the same time the distance to the orange being was shorter. So he stared, baffled, at the smaller white being for a while, before turning around and crawling over to the orange one.

Orange! What a bright and exciting color! So much of it! The being's eyes were blue, but the creature had seen lots of blue before; much of his home was blue or purple. But he doesn't see orange or yellow often.

Orange! Spectacular...

The creature crawled up to one of the being's legs, wanting to have a full view of all of the orange, and started poking it with a foreleg. Like an excited dragon hatchling he started bobbing his head and chirping in excitement; so much to learn! The being had claws, and so many scales, and they were all orange! He loved this being! And it hasn't run away yet... Hopefully it won't run away...

The dragon repeated her words, but relented to answer.

The first answer she couldn't begin to imagine how it worked, but dismissed it as some magical science. Maybe she should ask around on Behemoth. The second unsettled her decidedly more. She couldn't mistaken when she heard the dragons talking in the other Arad's Sky Tower, since if they were telepathically communicating to the adventurers she wouldn't have been able to hear, as a mere watcher.

"This is the world of Valkemare, and we're on the continent of Galsreim."

Michelle's blood ran cold. Valkmare and Galsreim? She never heard of those places—and to think of it, there was something wrong with the sky...

No. No. How? That's.... No, it couldn't be possible.... Right?

"I've never heard of any humans with abilities like yours."

Of course he hasn't. In fact, she doubted there was another cypher with her same exact powers... Not including her. The other her. But that's... No. One more question. Then she'll decide.

Suddenly, there was a scream from somewhere physical, causing Michelle to jolt. It seems that the dragon noticed too, since he scrabbled for a bit, almost causing her to lose her topple off, though he was trying to not let her fall. She shifted herself into a more stable position. Should she get off now? And.... Did she hit her injured leg? It was starting to ache oddly...

"Wouldn't hurt to check that out a bit, actually. Running late, but it won't sit well with me to ignore it."

"Yes, of course." A scream for help was universal, right?

The two turned a corner and Michelle saw some sort of light blue dragon, heavily injured, and some sort of purple.... Bug-eyed.... Thing.

"Excuse me, are you alright? Calm down, we're not here to hurt you...If you stay still I can help you remove that... parasite?"

The dragon didn't seem to know what that purple snake thing was either. Speaking of, it was rubbing its.... Head, she supposed, with two praying-mantis-like arms before it stopped.

The other dragon, though, took one look at them before shakily getting up, and with rather sad-looking flaps of its wings started to make its way away from them

"Please wait! We just want to help!" Michelle called out. She was no expert on wounds, but in that case, when even she can tell that the dragon was heavily injured, the outlook doesn't bode well for it. "I guess there's no need for me to speak telepathically anymore, then... We better check on the light blue dragon, even I can tell he's in a bad shape." Michelle looked down and saw the... Parasite-thing poking the orange dragon's leg, chirping even more and bobbing his head up and down. She didn't know what it was, nor what it could do, even if it didn't act very aggressive... And there was nothing around she can use to keep it at bay. Michelle took a breath and gestured at the creature to try and levitate it away. The green light that signaled her powers working flickered around it, and she focused. Living things were so much harder to levitate. She should have practiced doing that more, but at any rate she hopefully could keep the thing away until it gets proven to be dangerous or not.

"Erm, this might be an awkward time, but..." How should she phrase this? "Do you know of a legend that tells of a giant whale who swims in an ocean above the sky?"

If there was no Behemoth, then the question of where she is...

((Did what? ES is Ether. And yay fior bad eyes, I literally just noticed you showed ES running off. Sorry!))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

---Steps---

The traveler perked up when the yellow creature staggered to its feet, chirping excitedly. They got even more excited when it started to make noise. Nothing that Steps could identify with, no sounds that sounded similar to their own chimes, but the fact that it could create sound was fantastic. They didn't understand a word of what the creature was saying, didn't even realize that such sounds actually meant something, so when Steps raced around the creature in a circle they didn't realize that it was trying to communicate. All this meant to them was that the creature was responsive, had energy, and was friendly to them, which was a big step up from the other being they had chased around.

They expressed their joy in finding a being that interacted positively to them with a few more chimes, their symbol absolutely shining over their head with happy energy. Steps didn't even notice that it was slowly getting dark, the sun falling under the horizon.

Voltalia was confused now. The chirping? What did that mean? And everything still hurt. She noticed the setting sun and the lengthening shadows.

Moments later, she spied a symbil. And blinked. What...? I'm hallucinating... right? It didn't seem to understand her, and she had no clue what the chiming neant.

The closest language she'd heard was D'Kossese. D'Koss were humanoid creatures with duck feet and vulturelike bill. And eyes on stalks. She remembered the language. The Volt was a poor speaker due to having the wrong mouth - it was a lot of chirping and whistling.

((Note: teal text is D'Kossese translated into English for forum readability. The broken Engliah is representative of poor language grasp.))

"You have bandages? Or heal kits?" Voltalia whistled. She wasn't sure she'd said the right thing, or if its language was different enough from D'Kossese that she couldn't communicate with it - she could only speak the D'Koss language due to whistling being acceptable in place of chirping. Other bird-mouthed creatures required a translator. Aaughh... her head hurt... everything hurt...

She twitched slightly, gritting her teeth.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((Bump.

I'm waiting for RottingWyvern. ES is unconscious,

Pyro is waiting on Mage. I... think skwerl isceither being being waited on by Pyro as well or is also waiting on Mage.))

"Sky whale..." Qaksh repeated. There were some massive dragons out there, and it was likely that she might have been talking about one of them, although it was entirely more likely that those whales didn't exist on this continent. "Nope, sorry. Nothing but dragons in the sky. Or in this case, on the ground."

The ragged Soulpeace struggled away, or attempted to. Qaksh could do nothing but watch since any movement he made scared the poor thing into fleeing and reopening its wounds, until it finally collapsed out of exhaustion. The Magi gave the strange human on his back a look and then gave the equivalent of a shrug with his frills. At least it was easier to move the body now.

The girl had already gotten a hold of the little wyrm-bug like creature through her magic, and he leaned his head closer to look it over. Upon closer inspection it seemed relatively harmless, with not many teeth on its mouthparts but a long tongue it used to sense its surroundings. It was brave and curious, however, when it scuttled up to the dragon to take a look at the scales of his feet. Maybe it just wanted a friend (and an injured, paranoid soulpeace was, in all probability, a bad friend).

"Hey there lil' guy," he cooed to the creature like it was a hatchling, definitely sure that he wouldn't get an answer. Then, to the green-haired girl, "You can walk, right? I'm going to try to carry that dragon."

They had to do something about the fainted dragon before it bled out, and Qaksh figured the easiest way was to drag the soulpeace to the healer in town -- and get the girl's leg checked out in the meantime. He let out a hot sigh from his nostrils. This would have been so much easier of Galho had stuck around. Royal Crimsons were so much more physically strong.

The creature wasn't sure if the orange being's reaction was good or bad, but it suddenly spotted yet another new thing that looked out from behind its neck.

A new being! Sitting on the other being! This being was drastically different though, so much so that the creature couldn't compare its appearance to anything. It had no muzzle, but had a mouth, and it had green fur on its head that was super long, so it as some kind a flesh-creature, right?

The green-fur being started making noise with its mouth; the creature recognized that it was rhythmic, like the noise that was in his head earlier. The creature chirped and tried to crawl over to her, but suddenly the ground around him glowed green and he found his claws touching the air.

At first he panicked. He was floating, but nothing was touching him! He squirmed a bit like a worm, but as he slowly raised higher he stopped struggling; his ignorance allowed for too much curiosity.

Floating! He was floating!

The creature reached a foreclaw out and slashed at the green mist holding him, but it didn't go away. He started clawing at it, curious as to how it worked. Maybe it was like those colorful orbs that flew around at home? Sometimes one would move him around! Or maybe this was like a tentacle from one of those huge, glowing things that interacted with those orbs, making them change color; he hasn't been handled by one of them before.

And yet, neither of those things were in the vicinity. How was he floating?

The orange being was much nicer than the pale one, and leaned in to make noise while he was floating; it was still in his head, but the creature had learned that the tone was a friendly one, and chirped rapidly in response, pawing toward its muzzle. He immediately made the connection that the orange being's movements were connected to the mind-noise; perhaps it was a new form of communication?

Oh! Something new!! Mind-noise communication! Could he mind-noise communicate?

The creature tried to send a mental image of one of the beasts he knew at home - a strange, lanky equine figure with no eyes and a stiff mane - but wasn't sure if it worked or not. It made no noise though. Maybe it failed? Maybe he needs to try again!

In his excitement about learning the new "language", the creature hardly noticed that he was still trilling and chirping away like a small bird.

---Steps---

The traveler stopped their rushing about, tilting their head as they watched the strange creature. It seemed confused, and it's sounds changed. They were not the guttural noises from earlier, but something higher pitched, similar to Step's own voice. The traveler didn't even understand that the creature was communicating, didn't really even have the capacity to realize that the creature was conveying a question. However, they followed along with the chirps, making their own chimes follow the creatures pattern as close in pitch as possible.

Steps picked up on the fact that something was wrong with the creature after a moment. It's body language didn't seem peaceful or content; rather, it seemed to be cringing and flinching. Was it in pain, perhaps? They took a few steps closer, observing the creature's body carefully. No scarf, obviously, but something must be damaged to cause such hurt to show physically. Chirping softly, Steps circled around the creature, trying to pinpoint the source of pain. Maybe they could help restore the damaged part of the creature, or at least aid in energizing and healing the injury. It never crossed their mind that the differences between them might restrict any help the traveler could offer.

((Go ahead. Sorry about the late reply. If he/she is just a one-shot character, no form needed. If he'll reappear, I think it'd help if we saw a form.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

"Sky whale... Nope, sorry. Nothing but dragons in the sky. Or in this case, on the ground."

Michelle was already trying her best to keep the creature aloft, what with all its struggling—though it did seem to have stopped for some reason—and on those words, she almost dropped it before regaining her composure. So she wasn't in Arad anymore...

".... I see. Thank you for telling me, sir...." she trailed off, realizing that she didn't even know the dragon's name. The purple thing was moving again, and she tried her best to not oscillate it too much even as he did. He slashed at something in front of him though she couldn't figure out what.

The dragon turned his attention to the purple thing, speaking to it in a croon. The thing seemed to perk up, then gave a series of rapid, happy chirps. It really didn't seem all that dangerous, but she couldn't really apply what she knew about Arad to here.... Then again, in Arad this cute—in its own way—little thing might be able to rip out someone's heart in a blink. Or, as in the case of some little creatures, be able to transform into a much larger one.

"You can walk, right? I'm going to try to carry that dragon." The dragon gave a sigh.

"I...." Her leg was starting to trob again, but Michelle bit her lip. Besides, the dragon probably was going to get to a healer soon, and she can get her leg looked at besides. "Yes, I can." She carefully pushed herself off, trying her best to catch most of her weight on her good leg.

"What do you think happened to that dragon? Poor thing... It was scared witless at the sight of us," she paused, then added "I can help you lift him on your back. He won't be struggling, so it's easier for me to levitate him... Though if there's something around here that can be used for a makeshift pram, I might be able to carry him on that alone."

There were prams here, right? Great Kuilai, how bad of an impression did she make already in this... Place?

The purple thing was still chirping cheerily with an oddly determined look on its face. Maybe it really is no threat... Besides, she would have to put him down to levitate the pale dragon or carry him, whichever happens.

Voltalia listened as it repeated her whistles in chirping. Huh... does it understand and isn't clear about what I said? One more try...

She repeated her first series of whistles, but they were now punctured with urgency. The wounds were hurting, and a bite on her ear throbbed painfully. Some sort of ooze was coming from it now, and her body was streaked red by bloodstains. She lifted a paw slowly and deliberately, wiping away the ooze.

((Feel free to move Eternal as you like till he wakes up.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

"Sir Qaksh," the Magi dragon completed his introduction. "Just Qaksh is good. No title."

The little creature kept making happy noises, and seemed to be willing to tag along in their little group judging by how friendly it was when the woman dropped it. It skittered around and waved its limbs.

As Qaksh crouched down to let the girl off, he leaned in for another closer look at the alien wyrm -- xenowyrm? The dragon suddenly had a brief vision of a horse-like creature, but unlike a dragon or any other kind of beast known to him. Was that thing... also capable of telepathy? Qaksh blinked and shook his head. There was no proof that the image was even related, but if it was... there might have been more anomalies like that green haired woman, and perhaps all of this was related to the strange shadow beasts that had assaulted the city not a few hours past. Nobody seemed to know what was going on so far, but maybe the Soulpeace knew something if he wasn't too scared to talk.

"Lifting him up is fine. It will be difficult to find wheels to build a pram." Wasn't a pram a thing humans used to move their offspring? Even though the other dragon was almost his size, he assumed it didn't weigh much judging by how starved it looked. "I saw a healer around here while running through the town earlier today."

~

Qaksh was about to collapse. His tongue lolled out of his open mouth as he panted silently, and he was clenching his claws, leaving scratches on the paving. Nevertheless, he wasn't complaining about how unfit he was nor how he underestimated his load -- especially since all three of them were going at a pretty slow pace -- but the important thing was that they were there.

It was a rather plain wooden door with a plain sign labelled Apothecary. He was in earlier to pick up some herbs, but the dragon who ran the shop was a White who seemed like she knew her stuff. He rapped against the door a few times, and the feathered face of the dragon peeked through the small window on the door. "Don't you see the sign?" said the White, irritation permeating her tone, as if she had been answering the door all day. "We're clo-- oh, it's you again. Did you forget the Fireweed this time?"

Qaksh laughed awkwardly, since this was the third time he was back today. "Well, Lulu, I got a favor to ask you -- we found this guy dead on the road. Well, not dead yet, but you get what I mean, right?"

"It's Luko," she stressed, giving an annoyed snort, but retreated from the window and pushed the door open. "Drop him inside -- but not on the rug. I'll see what I can do. And who are you two?" she eyed the green-haired woman and the tiny bug-dragon with suspicion, before retreating inside. "Last I remembered you were traveling with a brute and a primadonna."

The interior was as plain as the exterior, with colorful herbs and potions decorating the rear wall behind the counter. Qaksh slid the Soulpeace onto the floor, as requested, and the White grabbed a wooden staff off the wall with her tail before going to work and bathing the room in a soft glow.

The creature was sad when the green-haired being put him down, and crawled over to its leg to nuzzle it. Then he heard some shuffling, and turned to see the pale being being lifted into the air, same way he was! He turned his head and moved it around to view the being from all angles, but he couldn't tell what was moving it. He tried recalling similar things back at home, including anything to do with this new mind-noise communication.

Hm... nothing. This was definitely something new!

The creature watched with keen interest as the being levitated over onto the back of the larger, orange being. Once it was situated, both the orange and green-haired beings turned and began to leave on foot, the latter having a slight limp as well. The creature chittered, wondering where they were going? Could he come with?

He immediately began to feel lonely. It was not a good feeling. So he flared his crest and hurried after them, not wanting to be left behind.

-----------

Following the two beings - which the creature began to label as "Orange Glow" (for the orange being's vibrant color) and "Green Shard" (as the green-haired being had a crystal attached to its waist) - led to a rather interesting place. They came up to several walls that formed a box, with other walls laying across it in a triangular formation; this box had several smaller boxes cut into its faces that were shiny and clear, like crystal. Orange Glow walked up to a rectangle cut into the box and knocked on it. The creature came up closer to investigate, tired from having to drag his long body along; he would have curled around one of the being's legs, had he not caused the pale being to collapse earlier from touching it. Or at least, he was pretty sure now that he made the being collapse...

Orange Glow and something inside the box made some mind-noises for a while, before the rectangle swung into the box, one edge stuck to it. The creature's tongue slipped out at he saw yet another new thing! As Orange Glow and Green Shard went inside the box, the creature came in just enough to toy with the rectangle that hung to the wall, toying with how it swung. So fascinating... how did it do that? Some sort of adhesive? he couldn't smell anything sticky or slimy... So he tried swinging it to see if it would stick anywhere else.

He was so interested in swinging it, that he accidentally shut the door. The creature stared at the rectangle as it became flush with the wall, before inching over and trying to pry it out with a foreclaw, but it had finally stuck.

He chirped in distress, still wanting to play with the door. Then something started moving around and making mind-noises with Orange Glow, and he turned to see yet another new thing! Golly, at this rate he would have to find a way to record all of this! This new being looked a lot like Orange Glow, but instead white and feathery like the pale being. It was doing something behind a square obstacle, though the creature's eyes traveled up to the wall behind both it and the new being.

Colors! An explosion of colors and plants! So many! Many of them looked like the medley of glowing orbs he would see flying around at home, swirling and translucent, but others were new combinations and patterns of color, some of them even changing colors!

The creature's mind was bursting with curiosity and excitement from all of this new information; he couldn't help but crawl over and investigate! With the white being in the way it would be hard to go to the wall, but as he attempted to crawl over the being suddenly moved, almost stepping on him! He curled up tightly in response so he wasn't trod on, letting out a serious of alarmed squeaks and watching the being. It sat down in front of the pale being, which Orange Glow had let down onto the floor, and began doing something with a wooden object. Curious, yet wary, the creature slunk back over to Green Shard to get a better view of what the white being was doing. He didn't want to miss a thing!

"I'm Michelle. Michelle... Monohan," she said, then gently set the little purple thing down. The odd critter didn't seem to be hostile at all. In fact, he seemed rather disappointed after she set him down, even coming over to her. At first, Michelle tensed, but she relaxed as soon as it only nuzzled her leg.

"Lifting him up is fine. It will be difficult to find wheels to build a pram," Sir Qaksh said, then added: "I saw a healer around here while running through the town earlier today."

Alright then. She looked up at the pale dragon and focused, though he has the resistance of a pebble. In fact, he was so still that she wondered briefly if he was actually alive, but he was still breathing, at least. Once it was situated on Sir Qaksh's back, she waited for him to take the lead to wherever the healer is.

~~~

It felt like an eon passed, and her trobbing leg didn't help, but they made it to where the healer was. Sir Qaksh was panting heavily, the pale dragon was still despondent, and the purple worm-dragon had followed them. A wooden sign labeled "Apothecary" was helpfully tacked on the door, along with a "Closed" sign. Michelle was just about to open her mouth when a window opened and a white dragon with feathers and deep blue eyes poked its head out. Sir Qaksh was right; it would be impossible to live here and not know about dragons.

Whatever words they exchanged made the white dragon disappear from the window open the door, much to the excitement of the purple critter.

"And who are you two?" The white dragon said as she eyed her and the curious purple critter suspiciously. "Last I remembered you were traveling with a brute and a primadonna."

"I'm just a traveler from far away who got into a bit of trouble, Lady," Michelle said respectfully. Wait. Did they have titles in this world? At least the white dragon seemed to be more preoccupied by the pale blue dragon. Hesitantly, she went inside.

The first thing she noticed was that it was a relief from the heat outside... Though living on a snowy mountain for the past few years would make anyone used to cold. The next was the odd assortment of plants and potions behind the counter. Some were brightly colored, some changing colors, others were glowing, and it attracted the attention of the purple snake thing. It tried getting to the counter for a closer look, but the white dragon got in its way when she came to fuss over the pale blue dragon. Michelle looked around, then pulled up a chair to look at her leg more, with the purple thing coming over to settle beside her. The bandages were bloodstained, but at least it wasn't bleeding any more.

"Behemoth's stomach!" The wound had taken on an unnerving black-brown color and dark streaks were starting to go up her leg. Some kind of magical poison? Michelle took a few deep breaths to keep herself calm, then looked up at the potions and plants on the shelves.... Not that she expected to recognize any of them, and not that she did. She looked back at the wound, then closed her eye. Some sort of dark energy pulsed from the wound itself, traveling through the dark markings.

RPing As

Name: Iritia

Universe: DC

Species: DC Dragon - Horse Dragon

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: She is a blood bay color, with dark, glossy black feathering and mane. Her wings fade from her brilliant, deep red hide to the shiny black of her hair. Her eyes a brown-hued black. Her hooves and horns are the same color and sheen as her hair. She has a scar on her flank from escaping another dragon in her youth in the shape of a cross.

Personality: In short, she doesn’t care about most people. Separated from her herd at a young age, Iritia learned how to take care of herself and to not take others into consideration. She has no close friends, and keeps any she meets at a arms length. She is pragmatic, sharp witted, and blunt. She is neither confrontational nor a pacifist, instead choosing when the opportune moment to act.

History: A mentioned above, Iritia was separated from her family at a young age. While the herd loved and cared for her, she learned the harsh realities of life. Creatures tried to prey on her, humans attempted to subdue her, and even other rogue wanted to use her for their own gain. After a particularly bad incident where she barely escaped with her life, she decided the world to be uncaring of others by nature. So, she took the natural world as her guide - care not for others, live to survive, do what you must, interact where you need to, and gather all the knowledge you can. By these rules she lived. For years, Iritia walked through the world under these ideas and pretenses. Until, that is, she had that faithful dream.

Extra: None

((I was only told about the body colour change. And while I'm fine with the body colour, I want the mane and horns to be normally coloured. My limit on colour change is: keep it within analogous (note that I count some browns as closer to red and some browns as closer to yellow. As long as blood bay has a red tinge, it's okay.) but only change 1 major area or 2 smaller areas. (Like body colourswap but the rest needs to be normal colour, colourswap underbelly and horns with no other area changed are pushing it but I'd accept that). Also dragons with colour based alts cannot be colourswapped, but Horse Dragons have no colourswap regular alts.

Tl;dr: As long as it has the appearance of what it's supposed to be other than colour (and scarring/broken horns/wounds) and doesn't get too extreme in colour change (fuchasia horns, yellow body, and orange mane), I'll accept it if it follows the rules. Right now, I see too much colourswap.

Correct me if I'm wrong, of course.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((Ah, I understand. I just wanted it all look the same, as it's just a bay horse with the hooves/horns the same color. If it's too much trouble, then I"ll just make her a normally colored one. No worries! How is everything else?

These were the reference pictures for the color, so you see where I'm coming from: Body 1, Body 2, Body 3

Color ref for the wings: For how the wings would look))

Edited by MyWhiteKnight

((Hmm MyWhiteKnight. Would you be OK withujsing the normal horn and hoof colours and making mane/tail fur dark blue-purple but otherwise using your colours?

EDIT: This just came up in a Chatzy:

Dusky_Flareon: That does let you and everyone else have 48h before any timers tick down [21:48]

Dusky_Flareon: The timers on everyone except RW (RottingWyvern) are being reset and frozen until 48h are up (waiting on RW) [21:49]

Dusky_Flareon: So effectively you have a period of 48h with 7 days on the inactivity timer [21:50]

))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

---Steps---

The traveler listened, stilling their movements for a second. The creature had repeated its sounds, which confused it. Normally, sounds were randomized, a fluctuation of voice that conveyed feelings and intentions in a vague, but personal manner. This didn't sound right at all, this repeating pattern, stilted and high pitched and urgent.

Chiming quietly, they tilted their head at the creatures movements. Its coloring was changing, from yellow to red, and it didn't all together look...right. Steps didn't understand anymore. Something was obviously wrong, but they didn't understand what and couldn't comprehend what they could do to fix it. Chirping a little more, softly and slowly, the traveler took a step back from the creature. Their sounds did not seem to be helping in any way; it was as if Steps wasn't even trying to share their energy with the creature. The creatures own whistles were not helping Steps either; their scarf was still empty.

The traveler didn't know what to do. Something was wrong, but they didn't have a clue on what they could do, or even if they could do anything to help. Staying silent for a few moments, Steps chirped suddenly with an idea. Maybe...maybe they could get some other creature to help? One which would know what to do and how to do it? Obviously Steps had no idea, so maybe they could find someone else?

Chiming a few more times, trying to convey a sense of calmness and patience, they turned to the opening in the alley that was closest to them. They didn't leave just yet however; the traveler needed to make sure that the creature stayed put. If it left this place, then Steps wouldn't be able to lead some other creature back here to help it.