DuskOfTheStars

((Multiverse)) Valkemare: The Everlasting Past

((You don't have to delete it. I just don't understand why it's there or what purpose it serves.))

((@Pyro My characters are knocked out, both of them. So I'm kind of doing little snippets of the fight.

@Mage Good to hear!))

((You don't have to post, then. Besides, Steps is trying to wake Ether up, if you wanted to RP you can engage with Wyvern.))

Michelle started to relax when she saw the cart smashed into the pack, but then an almost-glowing neon orange shape dashed past—Was that fireballs it was conjuring?! Michelle focused on the waves again, but the fireballs were just fire, no lingering magic on them. But what if the fireballs hit an ally? The lack of mana can't let the fireballs distinguish friend and foe! There were some terrible roars, then she watched with surprise as two dragons came in and fought it, with one unleashing a bright, eye-searing burst of light. Michelle turned from their fight because of how bright it was and started to survey the wreck below, but there was a scream from that direction that made her look up again to see the orange—it was another dragon—flying away. By now the dark horde had dissipated for the most part, though there were stragglers here and there.

Her adrenaline rush was beginning to fade, bringing with it how much the bite on her leg hurt. Michelle sucked in a breath and shakily sat down. But there were still more of those things around, so she looked over the other rooftops to see what else she can find. There were a few flying ones that she might have been able to hit, but they were flying away at a staggering speed.

((So who are the dragons you introduced? NPCs?))

((So the goal of the Dark Legion is to track the Everlasting via the mortals and kill both, correct?))

((@Cheekadee Yes.

@Pyro I'm not interaccting with Rotting because it's a little pointless till Eternal starts regaining consciousness. In the interest of continuing, I'll have Eternal start waking up in my nextvpost. And yes, I was thinking some of those characters could be NPCs who each have an item connected to Prism or the ancient past or haid8ng tue main characters. Going stop here because I'm waiting on posting forms for a reason.

Waiting on one other person. And where are skwerl5667 and TehUltimteMage?))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((Hold on to your horses, I'm still here! xd.png I've just been slow lately because I caught a cough, but I am working on a character; I just won't have it ready very soon. You're free to continue on without me, I'll post my character sheet when it's ready. As for Mage, I think she's still buried neck-high in school projects so she might also be a while.))

((Ah yes, thank you for letting me know your status and Mage's. Sorry if I sounded rude. On that note, waiting for another RP post before I wake up Eternal. Voltalia will wake up later.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

---Steps---

This wasn't working. Steps chirped quietly, staring at the creature sprawled out before them. They've never met such a still being, besides maybe the flickering Guardians that were being slowly covered with sand. Those got silent very slowly and over a long period of time, but never moved when Steps got near. Maybe this creature was doing the same thing, whatever the action was?

Circling once more, head tilted and feeling a little downcast, the traveler chimed a few more times. They looked up and surveyed the area for a moment, noting the forms that lay scattered about and the quietness that was only interrupted by the odd screeching that seemed to be farther in the village. The action and chaos had moved off from this area for the most part.

Steps was patient. They could wait a little while longer. Sometimes a companion needed some more encouragement and hope before they could go on; this creature may need the same treatment as well. Steps carefully slid into a sitting position, legs crossed and cloak covering their body. Every once in a while they took a quick look around, but their focus was on the being in front of them. They chirped and chimed to themselves quietly; the longer they were in this place, this place that seemed empty of energy and had no Mountain in sight, with so many creatures bustling around but not much friendly interaction, the more they felt lost and bewildered. They didn't understand the meaning of not liking something, but they felt uncomfortable here. It didn't feel like home.

---The Blob---

It had found a clearing. A meadow, perhaps, but either way the bushes gave way to long grass and bumpy dirt. It's feet and hands felt better with the change of terrain, bruised and scratched as they were. Stumbling out of the confines of the trees and into the open land, it paused as sunlight touched down on its skin. Without the trees and with the clear sky, the sun was able to keep contact with the meadow and thus came into contact with the Blob.

It's minds slowed down and grew quiet, it's core warming up in the light. The world seemed to slow down, to become nonexistent, and the Blob's legs slowly gave out on it. The abomination collapsed, resting in the sun and the grass, void of thought or action. It was nice here, a part of it decided before fading into a relaxed fog.

The hulk of it raised with it's loud, raspy breaths, but most of it's ambient sounds died down; while it wasn't exactly sleep it was falling into, it was something of a similar nature. The Blob quieted down and became oblivious to the world, bathed in warmth and sunlight.

Eternal slowly regained consciousness. It had hurt, what those dark creatures did. His body still hurt... and then he opened his eyes as he heard chirping. And soft chiming. His eyes snapped open, and he spotted the strange creature. Covered in fabric.

The pale Soulpeace drew himseld to his feet, keeping a wary eye on the creature. Humans didn't quite look like that! So what was it then...? He began to back off slowly, nervous. A burst of dark energy, and Eternal was fleeing as a Corrupteon and two drakes fought, the drakes snarling at the trespasser.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

Name: Negg

Universe: Dragon Cave

Species: neglected dragon

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: green and thin

Personality: negg hates sunlight, work and water

History: Negg was neglected for 100 years, and was revived by death magic

Extra: he burns in sunlight, shatters easily and water give him blisters

((@tardograd2: Denied. You did not read the rules. Also... Can you please: flesh out their history, change them to a zombie if they were revived by necromancy, describe what shde of green they are and any distinctive things in his appearance he may have, and explain why they burn in sunlight like a vampire, shatters easily, and is blistered by water? Also, please use proper sentences, grammar, and capitalization.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((Of course, I knew I was forgetting something. I'm Tehultimatemage and I'm here to rise up and burn like a star! ))

Qaksh muttered under his breath through the paper bag he held in his mouth. Seemed like he was separated from his companions, and at the worst time, too. If they had waited till the next village to replenish their supplies, they probably wouldn't have gotten caught up in this mess. The village had descended into chaos but a dozen minutes ago, with these strange dark creatures running around and attacking people, but also humans and dragons attacking their kin for seemingly no reason.

All he wanted was some dried beef.

He tucked the paper bag in his satchel and pounced forward into the fray to look for his friends.

Galho was easy to spot: he was standing on his hind legs and he wasn't exactly a small Royal Crimson, but the flames he spewed were aimed toward innocent bystanders. Qaksh knew that fire would have little effect on the dragon. Focusing his magic, the Magi collapsed the earth underneath the Crimson, causing the dragon to stop his flames and topple over in a spectacular fashion among a pile of loose cobblestones.

When Qaksh approached, out of the corner of his eye he saw a Candelabra managing to expel one of those creatures from another dragon's body. Was this the case here? The Royal Crimson began to claw his way out of the earth, growling something about evil, but Qaksh had already opened his jaws to gather a ball of light. When it fired, the light struck the Royal Crimson straight in the chest -- and as predicted, one of those black fox-like creatures was ejected from his body and had its eyes set on the Magi. Qaksh needed a moment to recharge so he stood helpless for a bit, ready to dodge fireballs thrown his way, but it seemed like the dark creatures were beginning to retreat.

Checking Galho's body, Qaksh was relieved that he was still breathing. He'd have to ask him about how he got possessed, once they made sure the rest of the town was safe. He was glad that he did pack all of his herbs and other first-aid supplies, including some smelling salts in a little bottle which snapped the Royal Crimson awake instantly with a full body spasm. The Magi lept back a little in surprise.

"Holy GoN..." the Royal Crimson groaned through his headache and stinging wounds. "What happened?"

"I'll explain later," answered Qaksh. "The village is getting attacked. Cover me."

Galho snorted. "I can see that. Sure thing, o great and powerful quack."

When they split up, the Crimson taking it to the air, Qaksh looked around for bodies that were still alive. Most of those who weren't too injured had taken shelter already. There was a lady with bright blue hair nearby, whose stockings were beginning to be stained scarlet. He fished a roll of bandages out of his bag.

"Lady, lady, you alright?" said the Magi. "Do you need help patching up your leg? I'm not very good at healing spells, but..."

Michelle sucked in a breath at the sight of the jagged wound. In fact, her sock was already getting soaked with red and the wound felt like it was throbbing faintly. She started to pull her sock off so she can use it to stanch the bleeding before going off to find a health potion somewhere before she noticed something bright out of the corner of her eye. Michelle turned, ready to either shoot it or toss the cart at it. It was a neon orange dragon, and it had turned to face her—

"Lady, lady, you alright? Do you need help patching up your leg? I'm not very good at healing spells, but..."

Michelle's mouth dropped open. Did that dragon just use telepathy?

Thinking about a similar dragon she saw moments earlier, she wasn't sure if she should trust this one, assuming they were different dragons. She closed her mouth and looked down at her wound, which was now bleeding through the wool. Michelle shrank back slightly, then thought of what Luther had said earlier about dragonkind. As a cypher, she shouldn't be one to judge... Should she use telepathy when replying, for politeness's sake? Is that normal when using telepathy? It's probably safer to do so, since he would have spoken aloud if that was the better option.

Yes, please. I... Yes. Would you happen to have a health potion on you?

---Steps---

It had gotten up! The creature was moving again, jerking up and looking wide eyed at Steps. The traveler hauled themselves up to a stand, just about to celebrate this new event when the creature suddenly ran off, loud noises and chaos bubbling up again in the area. They stumbled back as more creatures appeared, sounding angry and hostile, and let out a forlorn chime. The creature had ran away!

Why did it do that? Was it all the action happening, did the movement of these other, strange creatures scare it? Steps themselves would have been scared, but nothing seemed to give off that dangerous fear like the Guardians had; that creature from earlier had frightened them, but it had done nothing to their scarf, so it must not have been too hazardous.

Maybe it was different for this creature? Steps hadn't seen anything like a scarf on it, so maybe it had something else that could get damaged from these loud, excited beings in the area.

Well, Steps couldn't give up after all that patient waiting. They thought that they must have energized the creature, allowing it to move about again, so maybe it would need their presence again later. Maybe it would do the same for Steps, allowing them to fly again? So the traveler set off after the creature, a few minutes after it had woken up. They had seen the direction it had fled, but the creature must be a little ways away by now, with how fast it had taken off. Steps hoped that they would catch up to it soon. While the traveler could just try and interact with the creatures nearby, the aggressiveness was putting them off. This creature had only shown fear, nothing angry or mean, so it was the one that Steps wanted to interact with.

Eternal continued fleeing, aware of chimes behind him but frightened by the noise. Why was it following him? What did it want? Hurt.... others only gave him hurt. It was still following him?! He spread his wings to lift off.

Voltalia groaned. Her whole body hurt. Hed, legs, backside, paws, chest... every breath was painful. What the heck had happened? Voltalia was dimly aware of a pale... "dragon"... racing by, followed by some figure. The figure was probably a human, based on it's appearanve. She dragged her aching body further down the alley.

The dragon stopped, and in Voltalia's disoriented state, it seemed to Voltalia to get bigger. Taller. Ouch. Her head hurt. Again.

((ETA: Thanks for the suggestion Mage. Just did that.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((P.S. Dusky, you should put in the topic title that this is a multiverse so people know that it's a crossover when they see it in the "Latest Post" list.))

"A health potion?" That was a strange way to phrase it, thought Qaksh. 'Health' potion could mean any number of things. "My master does make brews... although it depends what you define as a health potion. There is a whole gamut of medicines and tonics taken orally in liquid form, although personally I am still an--"

He stopped mid-sentence, suddenly realizing that the human had spoken without using her face. She spoke telepathically like the dragons. How strange. At first he didn't even think of the oddity, though... He absently curled and uncurled the tip of his tail while thinking. Were humans beginning to develop telepathy as well? Or maybe she was from a tribe with that ability?

After a few stunned seconds, he suddenly exclaimed, "Where are my manners?" and lowered his head to the ground in apology. Rising up, he tossed the bandages to her for the moment. "Let's get you somewhere safe.

((Bump! I think I'm waiting on RottingWyvern, but I'm sure you will post soon. Cheekadee has gone 7 days without posting in the thread, so he is inactive and Sting is an NPC anyone can control.

ETA: I totally get it, Pyro. My school starts on... Monday of the last week of August? Yep, that sounds right.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

((Sorry, school started. :/))

"A health potion? My master does make brews... although it depends what you define as a health potion."

Michelle blinked in confusion. She never heard it referred to as anything else by anyone. Maybe she needed to be more descriptive...? But why...?

"There is a whole gamut of medicines and tonics taken orally in liquid form, although personally I am still an--"

Here he—or at least it mental voice implied "he"—stopped suddenly here, but Michelle barely noticed that. Where was she? Where on Arad was it so safe that "health potion" didn't automatically refer to a potion that can heal wounds? Unless Aganzo and her friend in GBL was wrong, there isn't anywhere that's completely safe anymore... Right?... But that's assuming she still was in—no, how could that be?If she... If she wasn't in Arad, it would take immense energy to bring her into somewhere else, and immense skill to not have any collateral damage-but then, was she the only person who was brought here?

"Where are my manners?" The dragon suddenly exclaimed, then did something close to a bow before tossing the bandages at her. She caught them and held them in midair for a moment before instinctively letting go of the levitation—No, I'm a cypher, and I'm proud of it.—and recatching them as she started to pull off the now-soaked through sock. "Let's get you somewhere safe."

"Thank you, but please let me just bandage my leg first." Michelle replied, then beckoned the bandages closer to wrap and tie around the wound. After pulling on her shoe, she shakily stood up. Were wounds supposed to hurt that badly? "Er, I'm ready."

---Steps---

Steps turned a corner and caught sight of the creature, chirping frantically to get its attention. Suddenly it seemed to get bigger, two of its limbs raising up and wide membranes spreading out. The traveler stumbled for a second, realizing that the creature had wings, just like them.

Just then they heard a low sound, something akin to pain, towards an alleyway that cut through two buildings right next to them. Steps glanced to the noise, glimpsing a large, yellow creature. That caused them to stumble to a halt, looking at the retreating winged creature and then at the yellow being.

This was a full blown dilemma now. Between the two creatures, one that seemed fearful and the other seeming to be in pain, Steps now had to decide who they needed to help. The fleeing creature seemed to not want them near them, resorting to flight instead of interacting with the traveler. This had to be a sure sign that it didn't want to communicate with Steps.

While it did give a pang of unhappiness to Steps, they themselves have been ditched by other travelers, ones who wanted to move fast and who even resorted to tricks to get rid of their presence. It wasn't that nice, realizing that one wasn't wanted, but usually another companion wandered by who needed help. Maybe this situation was the case.

They made the decision to let the other creature leave unhindered. As quickly as they made the choice, they pushed any other thoughts of the creature out of their mind. No use thinking about such an action when there was someone else that needed attention.

Steps turned to the alley, taking slow steps to the yellow creature. They chimed softly, tilting their head as they tried to figure out where its 'scarf' was. The sound it had made was obviously of pain, so it must have gotten hurt in some way or another.

Eternal lifted off, wingsflappping, skimming low to the ground. He was not th3 wtrongest flyer, however. Soon, rhe Soulpeace had to drop to the grpund, breathing hevily. The conflict had died down, but now there were humans and other dragons talking. Eternal knew humans ked to pain. The pale dragon scurried back into the shadows, finallynoticing he was no longer being followed.

Pain. Everywhere. Augh... Voltalia pawed at her head, before noticing the human was approaching. Her head pounded some more. She decided it would be best to stay put. It certainly did bot seem yo be atacking right off the bat. Vesides, her head and body hurt enough that she wasn't much interested in going anywhere. She wondered if they had painkillers. Painkillers would be good. And some first aid, given she could taste blood. She was in too much pain to wonder where it camw from, or to notice the small puddoe of blood where she'd hit her head on a sharp pebble.

((She's making real world-type medicine assumptions because Spore has no magic, so real life medicine is more likely to be in use in her home universe.))

Edited by Dusky_Flareon