Dragoniclove123

Musicals Discussion

I love musicals. I just adore all the songs, and the interesting worlds, and everything about them. I can act, but not very well.

So, if ya like musicals, you've come to the right place, just post way AND YOUR SOUL

and you're in!

Edited with the below post in mind.

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Please leave the modding to the mods. It is our job to warn, etc.

As well, everybody is allowed to participate in a topic if they wish. We do not typically do "club type" threads for this reason. ^^

Please leave the modding to the mods. It is our job to warn, etc.

As well, everybody is allowed to participate in a topic if they wish. We do not typically do "club type" threads for this reason. ^^

Oh, sorry, I just wanted to make sure I followed the rules.

Guess I didn't do a very good job. I'll get rid of the club things, sorry!

That's awesome, hope you have a good time! I haven't seen too many musicals, but I'm obsessed with Hamilton at the moment. I can't believe that I was lucky enough to see it a couple of weeks ago when I was in New York. It was absolutely amazing.

That's awesome, hope you have a good time! I haven't seen too many musicals, but I'm obsessed with Hamilton at the moment. I can't believe that I was lucky enough to see it a couple of weeks ago when I was in New York. It was absolutely amazing.

Lucky you.

♫You'll be back, soon you'll see

You'll remember you belong to me♫

Um... hey.

I'm going to New York to see Phantom of the Opera. I'm super excited. I'm taking a train!

Sweet!

I took my daughter to see Phantom at the Fox in Atlanta, October of 2014. Wonderful, wonderful show! Not that we could actually *see* much in detail, since we were up in the nosebleed seats. (aka, you're so high up and far away from the stage you'll practically get altitude sickness) But there were some sweet special effects going on, and of course the music is always spectacular.

I was hoping to go see it again... rumor was that it was going to come back to the Fox next spring... but life forced me to relocate to Peoria, IL. Somehow, I doubt I'll be able to see many Broadway musicals here, and it's about 3 hours to Chicago, Indy, or St. Louis so I'd have to be able to afford an overnight trip in addition to show tickets to any of those locales.

I saw Annie on Broadway with my family when I was a kid, so yeah, nearly 40 years ago now. (Geeze, I'm getting old!) I've also seen Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Grease, and Tommy in various small theatres in Connecticut, usually with the Girl Scouts.

I've even sort of been to a few operas... had a teacher back in grade school who arranged some deal with an area opera house to bring her students to the dress rehearsals. So we got to see the full show, full costumes and sets and all that, but at a time when the place was otherwise empty so that if some of the kids got restless, they wouldn't bother the other patrons. So I've seen Tosca, Norma, La Traviata, Die Fledermaus, and Pirates of Penzance.

Yanno, I want to be a kid again! Us poor adults never get discount tickets and special deals the way the Scouts and school groups do. sad.gif

I dunno if Brigadoon counts, but lots of songs for everything and a huge cast and the characters were gr8 so it at least SEEMS like a musical. I was also in the first row of seats! Couldn't see it with my family unfortunately, but I got to explore a small bit of Chicago with a friend.

Now I have to wait to next summer until the Goodman Theatre announces their big summer performance, and hopefully THAT will be a musical instead of the overhyped overpriced War Paint.

Unless someone knows of Chi/potentially Milwau theatres that have a musical playing soon or right now.

Edited by serce2